The online racing simulator
Scenes/Materials
(752 posts, started )
Since you're using Brazil, you can also enable ground plane from rendering options. This plane will only be visible in renders but it's size appears infinite and you won't see edges even when taking a picture from low angle. But it will be placed at 0,0 coordinates on world-Z, so you might need to move car up or down to get it looking right.

I haven't used 3dsmax in a long time, but check if there's some additional shadow parameters that needs to be set when you're using object as a lightsource. Still it usually helps to use couple spotlights to get scene look the way you want it using very soft lights with large falloff area.
@tikshow: yes i put a ground plane, i didnt noticed that the plane was above the car.... :doh: its now under the car.. Lol

@Crommi: I did tweak the ground plane and just untick the "Cast Shadow"
and it works fine now....

Thanks for all the info fellas
This really helps.....
Can somebody tell me how to convert Brazil scenes to mental ray?(If its possible)
Quote from [UKR] Race King :Can somebody tell me how to convert Brazil scenes to mental ray?(If its possible)

Just replace Brazil shaders and adjust lighting suitable for Mental Ray.
Quote from Crommi :Just replace Brazil shaders and adjust lighting suitable for Mental Ray.

Thx

P.S Posted it in the wrong section.
hi...
it would be a great if someone could share the z version models if you allready done it to convert them from cmx to obj, 3ds....

i cant find any converter wich isn`t only for 3d max

thanks guys
I have them in .max i think, without materials.
Quote from okijuhans :I have them in .max i think, without materials.

could u upload them as .3ds? :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:
The modded XFG scene is public. It's free to work on it, it needs some work on the rear windshield, but I had no time... The scene was made in Max8, but I've converted it into .3ds format, so you should be able to import into Max7 too. Oh and the BMW headlights are also attached. (interior file).
Attached files
XFG.rar - 835.7 KB - 289 views
Here are FBM, XRR, XRG, XFR, XFG, F08, FOX , XRT in 3ds. Converted them from max to .3ds with 3dmax7. They dont have materials. etc.
Attached files
Zcars.rar - 1.4 MB - 382 views
Quote from okijuhans :Here are FBM, XRR, XRG, XFR, XFG, F08, FOX , XRT in 3ds. Converted them from max to .3ds with 3dmax7. They dont have materials. etc.

woooohoooo blessed are you :laola::banana_ra:monkey::boing:
I've heard that there was a blackwood model around sometime,but it was untextured and stuff like that,but is there any way for me to get it?
You'll need to download one of the S1 versions of LFS from the main site to be able to texture it.
Hey folks i have decided to release the fz lights i was working on. Check it here

So u guys are free to use,modify,etc hope you fill find it useful

DOWNLOAD
Quote from e2mustang :Hey folks i have decided to release the fz lights i was working on. Check it here

So u guys are free to use,modify,etc hope you fill find it useful

DOWNLOAD

Awesome!
Big thx Mus!
someone got some high-res street and Wall textures?
just google,i've found some,or if u have a good camera take some yourself.
/me needs intercooler
Why ? I mean, you can breathe .. dont you ?
Seriously, it's pretty easy to make one. Make a box, then dig some lines there, add cilinders and stuff.
I think I have one on my PC somewhere in .3ds format, but I cant be arsed looking for it in all of those folders I have every where on my 4 HDD's.
Here's the VW Scirocco and the updated Formula BMW in .3ds format for those of you who can't import .CMX and those of you who use Blender.

CMX viewer for the textures.
Attached files
New VWS and FBM.rar - 471.1 KB - 300 views
wow, thanks!

Scenes/Materials
(752 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG