The online racing simulator
Scenes/Materials
(727 posts, started )
#26 - Jakg
Thanks Anathema - must get my copy of 3DSMax working sometime
does eanyone know were i can get a free good quality semi scene for 3ds max i need a car hauler or a nascar trailer open. and is there a way to like cut parts off a car for like a shop?
set the object to editable mesh. Then you can adjust polygons and vertices.
Make sure 'ignore backfacing' is checked, then just select all the polygons of the peice you want. Then go the edit menu and choose 'Invert selection' and hit delete. This will delete everything except the peices you selected.
no im wanting to like make butterfly doors

actuly im wanting to make this trailer open so i can put cars in it its a scene
You probably have to clone objects before you change some stuff. Be creative. You have one Object 'Car'. Clone it. You have 2 Objects 'Car'. On the one car you delete all polygons that belong to the door. On the other car you delete all polygons around the door. Now you have 2 objects: One car without door. And one stand-alone door. Now You can turn and move the object door how you like. With the hauler it is nearly the same.

This thread is not for asking questions about the basic use of 3dmax. This thread is for posting finished scenes.
o well this is what i got so far.
Attached images
trailer repainted.png
Quote from Anathema :You probably have to clone objects before you change some stuff. Be creative. You have one Object 'Car'. Clone it. You have 2 Objects 'Car'. On the one car you delete all polygons that belong to the door. On the other car you delete all polygons around the door. Now you have 2 objects: One car without door. And one stand-alone door. Now You can turn and move the object door how you like. With the hauler it is nearly the same.

This thread is not for asking questions about the basic use of 3dmax. This thread is for posting finished scenes.

That's a lot work for getting the doors open on a car, have you tried the unattach function?
not yet. Im a beginner But I will try. Thanks for the tip.
Quote from LineR32 :That's a lot work for getting the doors open on a car, have you tried the unattach function?

were is that at im a new to 3ds max
If you wanted to create an opening door for example, select the polys for the door and in the rollout on the right, hit the 'Detach' button and from the popup, select 'As Object'. Now the door is a completely separate mesh for you to do with as you like.

For best results after that, I normally then select the 'Pivot' tab from the top-right of 3DS and adjust the pivot point for the door to where the hinges would be, you can also set a min / max angle IIRC so that you can make the door open and close to specific angles.. much easier then to control when you open / close the doors with the rotate tool for various scenes

Regards,

Ian
ok i have the door secected i just need to know how to remove it were is it what u said here is a screen shot what im looking at.
Attached images
here.JPG
thats 3ded in i think
Quote from Ian.H :If you wanted to create an opening door for example, select the polys for the door and in the rollout on the right, hit the 'Detach' button and from the popup, select 'As Object'. Now the door is a completely separate mesh for you to do with as you like.

For best results after that, I normally then select the 'Pivot' tab from the top-right of 3DS and adjust the pivot point for the door to where the hinges would be, you can also set a min / max angle IIRC so that you can make the door open and close to specific angles.. much easier then to control when you open / close the doors with the rotate tool for various scenes

Regards,

Ian

were is that detach at? if u have msn add me kyler_williams_2006@hotmail.com and u can walk me through
Quote from kyler :were is that detach at? if u have msn add me kyler_williams_2006@hotmail.com and u can walk me through

Hmm.. go back into normal mesh mode (click on the 'polygon' entry in the stack again). Make sure the trailer mesh is still selected, right-click and select 'Convert to editable poly'. Now select 'polygon' from the stack again and re-select the polys as you have in the screenshot above and the rollout on the right should change to a much larger one.. in there you'll find the 'Detach' button.

I don't have MSN, sorry.

Regards,

Ian
Hello!
I used 3ds max 8 before installing my XP again, and now I downloaded 3ds max 9! I discovered that the names of the folders changed, so I don't really know where to copy the scenes, images, plugins, because I haven't found such folders... Could someone please tell me where to copy these files? Thanks
#44 - Davo
FOr 3dxmax9 they are located under your My Documents-> 3dxmas9..
Thanks

Now I'm looking for nice wheels that can be used instead of the original ones, which are too boring. I have seen a lot of renders with fantastic wheels, but still can't find any page to download some.
I would be glad if someone help me
Woot! Really nice rims, thanks for them
any time i download these scenes i always get this \/\/

#49 - C40Z
required by dr.gonzo some BF1 wheels from RFactor for 3dsmax7

sry i was too lazy to search all the right textures for the rims so i put all textures from the original scene in the zip file

DOWNLOAD

greetz caoz
Thank you. :spin:

Now I can improve my BF1 Scene.

Scenes/Materials
(727 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG