The online racing simulator
Quote from anbiddulph :i think what scawen ment was that the old english mini, is tiny

When he was talking about small german cars?
Quote from chavm481 :water! sooo... ... is the scorio a start to lisenced cars in lfs somewhat?

Wait...scorio?
Quote from spacedskunk :My view is, they shouldn't need to pay. If a car manufacturer is happy and passionate about sharing a car in LFS then this car deserves to be in it.

What I hope however is that the clutch physics imitate RL in this one

You mean the DSG transmission?
Ah, the joys of artificially limited torque curves

"We could make it make more, but then it would take sales away from somewhere else, so let's pretend we liked it this way, and it's done for a good reason".
You guys write too much. Period!

From the TSI badge i supposed it would be a twincharged unit. Too bad then. Firstly, VW can't distinguish between twin charging and turboing and secodnly, we don't get the twincharger in LFS :/

And i meant to write something else, but i forgot what it was so i'll leave it at this.
thats and interesting curve
Quote from Primoz :...Firstly, VW can't distinguish between twin charging and turboing...

Could you explain that one please?
nope
Ok.
lol
Scawen!I know there is no date yet but may i ask,are you guys planning this car with the beta? or we will have patches before beta comes?
Quote from e2mustang :Scawen!I know there is no date yet but may i ask,are you guys planning this car with the beta? or we will have patches before beta comes?

He still has a lot to do with crash physics and crap, so i think its safe to assume there are going to be a lot more test patches until beta (or did he say that list is until finished s2?... not sure if its beta or end of s2...)

edit: "While most people will be happy to see these improvements, we predict that some will be disappointed that the other GTR cars are not yet done. But don't worry, the FZ updates are near complete and we are keen to get that released along with the FXO updates as soon as possible.
The remaining GTR updates are part of the needed updates for LFS S2 to lose the ALPHA tag. Some other updates that should mostly be done to get out of ALPHA are :
- Improve collision physics
- Break off wings instead of bending
- Finish and release Westhill updates
- Improve track shadow rendering
- RB4 / UF1 / UFR interiors "

all that until beta
Quote from ACCAkut :
PS: they should then integrate the (GTR) 24H version too

I would like that, too. Also in LFS the most Street Cars have an Race Version.

It fits perfect to Live for Speed.

The 24H Version of the Scirocco would be a nice NGT Car.
anyone with info / screens / photos from the gc yet?
(didnt read all the spam posts so sry if there are already links which i didnt see)
yeah, someone must have some footage from the GC. post it!
Quote from tristancliffe :Ah, the joys of artificially limited torque curves

"We could make it make more, but then it would take sales away from somewhere else, so let's pretend we liked it this way, and it's done for a good reason".

"artificialy limited torque curves"...

EVERY SINGLE DAMN FUEL INJECTED ENGINE IS 'ARTIFICIALY LIMITED' if you think about it
woa, new lfs car, Great
barley noticed?!?
Quote from george_tsiros :EVERY SINGLE DAMN FUEL INJECTED ENGINE IS 'ARTIFICIALY LIMITED' if you think about it

What is the point of using all caps? Usually when people do that, they are acting condescendingly or they are angry. That is the impression that I get from reading your post, that you are acting condescendingly. It doesn't even make much sense, either.
Quote from wheel4hummer :What is the point of using all caps? Usually when people do that, they are acting condescendingly or they are angry. That is the impression that I get from reading your post, that you are acting condescendingly. It doesn't even make much sense, either.

Uhm, yeah... that was the point.

All modern fuel injected cars are timing and mixture controlled by the ECU or engine computer. It is the way that manufacturers can lower costs in building fuel injected cars and more importantly, increase fuel mileage and reduce emissions. If you are willing to sacrifice one or both of those last two features, you can reap some significant hp gains out of many cars.

Modern BMW's won't give you much of anything by tweaking the ECU (sharking, "swapping the chip"). They are very well optimised out of the box. But many other cars can give you 10%-15% improved hp if you get an aftermarket software load or piggy back ECU system.

So, modern fuel injected cars have "artificially" controlled torque curves. It is a bit of an overstatement, but basically true nonetheless.
Finally real cars
This thread is closed

VW Scirocco in Live for Speed
(1608 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG