The online racing simulator
So we are supposed to ship them off on thursday or friday (on 22nd)?
Quote from ArrAssAdor :The reason why we do this test is to get exact feedback on what we need to imporve. The reason why i cannot reply on a daily basis is the you guys gave us tons of work to do and that is great.

You know I can even understand if you call the test units crap. And in fact they should have been in a much better condition. Many problems appear only on a few wheels but that does not make it better. We will find the root cause for each problem and fix it one by one.

Of course if there are so many major flaws, the tester get the tendency to everreact on smaller issues but why not?

We will show you that we work hard on making things better and my goal is to convince every single one of you. Just give us a chance please and continue to work with me on solving the problems.

We get the wheel where it belongs to. To the top.

Thomas

If you guys can set up a bug/issue tracking repository on your website it could make your life a lot easier. I develop software products at my job and get tons of daily feedback from screaming bankers that cant do their trades right (and they're much ruder than I am ), because the software i give them isn't 100% (or crap), so I know how you feel.

You may not have the time to put something up, but here is an idea:

Create a thread with issues only, no comments and sarcasm (we'll reserve that for this thread), and we'll put all our issues in there and make sure not to overlap. An admin or moderator can help you delete or mark posts as complete.
Quote from ArrAssAdor :We are not quite sure if we really have an "inertia" problem. I agree that there is some resistance in the wheel if you are not in the game and you turn the wheel. This is because the enginge acts as a generator and slows you down. In the game, the motor gets power and this effect is gone.

Does anybody else thinks that the wheel moves too slowly inside the game in comparison to other wheels?

Hi ArrAssAdor,

It feels good to see you back here
To answer your question, and I said it before, I do feel quite a bit of inaccuracy in response of the wheel. I love the carlike smoothness, weight and torque of the wheel, and have always wanted that from a PC wheel. But what I have here is too much, movements close and beyond traction limit are very imprecise and slides are nigh impossible to control. The left downhill kink after the long straight on Nordschleife, a bit of a "mutkurve" - I spin out almost every time, whereas I get it right every time on the G25, at full speed (corvette c6).

I have been blaming the centering spring, which somehow is always on, so that could take away precision (wheel returns to center when car is standing). But probably it's more than that, maybe it is the inertia after all.

IMHO, whatever you can do to make the wheel a little more responsive, you should do it as quickly as possible. I may be biased, but I think most agree as to this deficiency of the wheel, and it will become a part of the general opinion about it in the future. Most of the other things can be ironed out with time. A backprop for the pedals to keep them from flipping would come in handy. So would a choice of better plastics / better dies (without barbing at cast edges) for the pedals (they just cannot look this way at this price point).

Just one thing I think I have never mentioned - in my view, the top row wheel buttons should be smaller, with their upper part separated and left solid - they are pressed too easily while turning the wheel.

Wish you all the best in what you're striving towards, hoping you'll get there (even if it takes learning to yell in Chinese )
So far I am still collecting issues we have with the FF effects or inertia or precision of the wheel.

Almoast all testers so far tell me that we did everything right and the feeling of the wheel is superb.

Actually it is hard for me to see if there is actually a problem or if those problems arised from the negative attitude of the testers because of the many other issues. It also might make a big difference what the tester is getting used to like this is important with all input devices.

We cannot reproduce the problems but we dont ignore them. If more people have such comments we will take action. The wheel sensor is not working 100% on some wheel and if we solve that it might already solve other issues.
and what about the flimsy plastic panels?
and you should make the pedals out of higher quality stuff, like aluminum alloy, and make the pedals heavier, and the break travel more...

and have the shifter boot be leather. and have the shifter have a desk clamp
I guess people want the already better ffb even better... I do agree that is not priority one it´s to get the pedals up to the same standard since it´s quite obvious it´s the G25 buyers and the feature PS 3 G25 that needs to be convinced to buy the 911 instead

As for easier parrying slides in the G25 well it´s easier if you have no resistance to make faster adjustments. Apart from being more used to it having it all in your muscle memory I think that is the reason here... If you have to fight the wheel a bit you are generally slower but I trade the much better feel and realism of the wheel and it´s force feedback over "speed" all the time.

It´s not only negative because it really forces you to focus more on being smooth... I overdrive less using the 911 then the G25 and I am still matching the times with it despite for some reason the steering force in Race 07 seem to be the strongest of all the sims I have tried
@ Pio : That happend to me also in the beginning. But when I set the rotation degree in rfactor from 17 to max it didnt happen anymore. I do agree I have more spinouts, but I cant say its a failure of the wheel or me not used to the wheel yet.
Quote from ArrAssAdor :
Does anybody else thinks that the wheel moves too slowly inside the game in comparison to other wheels?

this is not the problem, the inertia is not related with the rotation speed but with the quick change in the direction.

if you try rFactor with the realFF plugin you will understand what i'm talking about.

it's like when you hit a kurb:

with the G25 you can feel the vivid angle of kurb;
with the 911wheel you think that kurb is flatter.

think at the Karussell at the Ring when you go inside your wheel is turned to left with the inclination and car weight but it needs to tells you (with the FF) the little jumps inside it.

with the G25 i can feel it, with the 911wheel i can't.

call it inertia, call it threshold filter but imho something is missing or lost around the quickest change in FF direction, the little input.

that doesn't mean that the rotaion is slow or the FF weak.

just to clarify: i drive always and only at 900° with 100% FF and other effects to ZERO.
At least with the G25 and the DFP the force feedback gets weaker the more steeering lock you use. May try using something more realistic like 360/400? And of course since you always have some steering force on the 911 wheel it makes the small clues harder to feel since the G25 has no resistance at all often

As for cerbs I felt the same thing in Race 07 but then I ran GT Legends yesterday and then the curbs felt pretty much like the G25 in Race 07 so it is capable of produce those rapid cerb rumbles it seems. For sure it feels like it´s a fraction slower but the force is there in GT Legends at least...

Will have to try the G25 there as well. As for profiles the Act Labs profile felt better then the momo force on the 911
The actual force the wheel can deliver does not change when you go from 450 to 900 degrees of calibrated lock, but you effectively add 'gearing' so the steering rack feels lighter. Especialy around the centre you tend to feel a much slower increase of force when you go from 450 to 900.

But, if you use 450 degrees and an in game front tyre lock of 15 degrees, it will feel exactly the same as calibrating 900 degrees and using 30 in game. (with LFS or rFactor + decent mod + realfeel)
Quote from Niels Heusinkveld :The actual force the wheel can deliver does not change when you go from 450 to 900 degrees of calibrated lock, but you effectively add 'gearing' so the steering rack feels lighter. Especialy around the centre you tend to feel a much slower increase of force when you go from 450 to 900.

But, if you use 450 degrees and an in game front tyre lock of 15 degrees, it will feel exactly the same as calibrating 900 degrees and using 30 in game. (with LFS or rFactor + decent mod + realfeel)

Yes.
Good... The DFP didn´t behave like that good the 911 does
Ok, after a couple of days with the wheel I am ready to post my thoughts.

First thing I did with this wheel is remove the foam from under the brake pedal. With that in place, the brakes feel like total rubbish. Even still, they don't feel right.... but it's alot better.

The wheel itself feels quite nice, i like the size. I can't say the same for the shifter or shifter mounts. The h-shifter is easy to mis-shift when its moving all over the place because of the poor mounts. 5th gear is also a bit of pain.... you really have to force the gear lever over and up to get it in. The centering issue is apparent, but not all the time. In LFS it can be fixed rather easily, but in other games such as GT Legends or rFactor it's not.

All drivers except version 0.42.6 cause FFB to be lost in ALL games.

Pedals and Steering occasionally cut out during races (the white/red lights on the wireless USB dongle go out then come back on... all within a second.. but it's enough to TOTALLY ruin someone's fun and race).

Overall, I find this wheel quite nice. I like the size of it over the G25, however the things I have mentioned above need to be addressed.
Teedot I tried the same now was the throttle potentiometer loose for you? It was loose for me and I had to hold it in place when mounting the pedals... Of course the potentiometre wasn´t in the right position so I need to reposition them again... But I can´t see how these pedals will hold the calibration when they are fitted so loose... Only supported by the top cover... Was surprised how small they are the pots on the MOMO Force red was 2-3 times the size.

Gonna have to recalibrate them since now I have a bit of brake, 60 % throttle and no clutch lol.
Quote from DAWGFATHER :unreal...perfect.....unbelieveable!!!!!!....KILLER!!!!!!!....awesome...

ObsoletePower?

sorry i had to
posted this in another forum but this self centering is there any racing game where the wheel doesn´t self center? I hope this is fixed soon to really see how the force feedback is on this wheel

Or is it supposed to be like this since you are driving most of the time anyway and have some centering force acting on the wheel?
Quote from oqvist :Teedot I tried the same now was the throttle potentiometer loose for you? It was loose for me and I had to hold it in place when mounting the pedals... Of course the potentiometre wasn´t in the right position so I need to reposition them again... But I can´t see how these pedals will hold the calibration when they are fitted so loose... Only supported by the top cover... Was surprised how small they are the pots on the MOMO Force red was 2-3 times the size.

Gonna have to recalibrate them since now I have a bit of brake, 60 % throttle and no clutch lol.

it took me a good while ... my clutch wouldnt work. the pots are ok... but the mounting is very ... blah
anyone here got ffb working in RBR?
Oke testers there is a forum now on the Porsche site with all excistings issues. Even fixes etcetra. Looks promising. Give as many feedback as you can. Lets get this wheel better and better
oops, me got no authorota to download attachment
Oops never thought off that will change that
Sorry guys placed it in the wrong thread so nobody could download it. Also made it compatible for any word.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG