The online racing simulator
I cleaned with a tissue and some pur based alcohol product. WD40 is fluid and doesnt clean that good as alcohol. When you do this use a product which evapored quickly. WD 40 doesnt do that and lays a layer on it. So something alcohol based will do. To undo the cover you have to use a bit, as you see in the picture still stuck there. Bcus that screw is hidden behind the wheel and there isnt a way to get the screwdriver in.

Attached images
DSCF0008.JPG
Lol this wheel is for sure not made for modding . I don´t have any bits small enough to fit the gap so I guess I will have to return the wheel anyway.
I got the Fanatec 911 Turbo Wheel a few days ago, for a review (not preview, so I guess the wheel is in final shape), but I'm having some issues.

I can't get the clutch pedal to calibrate right. When I leave the pedal alone, it's registered by windows and games as 50% clutch, when I press it down, I get gradually more clutch up to 100% (the pedal is halfway down now), then if I continue pressing the pedal further down, the clutch value goes to 0% and up to 50% (pedal bottomed). It kind of ruins the experience. Might be a problem with a pot or something maybe, don't know. Anyone else experienced anything similar?

I'm not too happy about the overall quality either. The clamping mechanism is poor (seeing as I'm not going to drill holes in my desk). And the gear shifters are terrible. :/
The experience with your clutch has to do with the pot connected to the pedal. Propably loose or something. Gear shifter seems stiff and hard to shift but once used to it you will enjoy it. Clamping realy depends on the surface. Mine is rock solid on a timber desk. Doesnt move at all. And i didnt drill any hole. Its a experience you just cant enjoy in a couple off days. I had to get ysed to wheel for a week or 2. Even tho i have 1 with some issues, but surely Fanatec will resolve these.
Yes, I might get used to the shifter, but it's still not good enough in my opinion. It doesn't stand a chance against the one on my G25. It's hard, wobbly and doesn't seem very precise at all. Not to mention the mounting, the two metal rods aren't able to keep it in place. It feels way too cheap for a high-end wheel.

The clamping system is keeping the wheel attached to the desk, but it's not strong enough to keep it as firm as I'd like. The back of the wheel base lifts up when I push the wheel down (the wheel tilts down). I don't want any movement in any direction while I'm driving.

Yes, the leather is nice, and the FF engine seems to be doing a good job (I really hope there's a way to disable the rumble while pressing the gas pedal by the way), but I can't really see why anyone would buy this over a G25 right now (and I'm a Porsche maniac).
I have tried the G25 friday and i cant see you really like the shifting off it. It doesnt have any resistance in it. However you cant mis shift with the gearing with a G25. I have to give you that. Like I said i struggled bigtime with the gears but its going fluid now.

The rumbling can be shut off by entering setup on LED display and go to Sho by using the pad on the bottom spoke :

Vibration
0 / 33 / 66 / 100
In the wheel rim are two additional vibration
motors which can be controlled by the game
if a game supports it. By default the vibration
motors are synchronized with the gas pedal
to let you feel the vibration of the motor.
You can adjust the percentage of the

vibration strength you want.
Attached images
sho.jpg
ever since i plugged this wheel in, the amount of time i've spent playing LFS and other racing games has dropped dramatically... I hope fanatec cures the wheel going offcenter with the next batch of wheels or next model... i cant race the openwheelers seriously with this wheel. its so incredibly annoying to feel the wheel go offcenter... i dont want to open the wheel up.

How much longer till we have to send the wheel's back?
31.03.2008 is my latest knowledge
Quote from Gabkicks :ever since i plugged this wheel in, the amount of time i've spent playing LFS and other racing games has dropped dramatically... I hope fanatec cures the wheel going offcenter with the next batch of wheels or next model... i cant race the openwheelers seriously with this wheel. its so incredibly annoying to feel the wheel go offcenter... i dont want to open the wheel up.

How much longer till we have to send the wheel's back?

lol are you like me that you can´t drive with the G25 either
I did attempt to opening mine up but it´s not built for it had no clip that made it possible so had to forget about that .

I do have some of these options though on mine it´s minor... generally recenters 2 numbers to the right (doesn´t really matter). A bit worse is though the travel is not entirely linear due to the centering issues I suspect... Luckily you don´t hardly ever use max lock but needs to be fixed of course
i can drive w/ the g25. i just dont like how the 911 wheel keeps going offcenter... i hate having to turn the wheel to go straight when i am driving down a straightaway.
but why don´t you drive with the G25 until that is fixed then?
Quote :Dear Jack

It has been quiet in the last weeks but we were working hard to implement all the great feedback and suggestions for improvements.

I am happy to announce that all critical problems are solved and we also were able to turn almost all of your suggestions for improvements into reality.

Attached you find a list of all the changes and improvements we will make for the mass production which will start in April. You will also see the new metal table clamp for base and shifters and the steel plate for the pedals.

We made about 40 (!) changes to the wheel and I am sure you will like the final product. Especially the pedals got a complete re-design. If everything goes smoothly the wheels arrive in Europe and USA at the end of April. There is also a new driver (048).

The end of the beta test is coming up and we originally asked you to return the wheel or pay for it. We did not expect that we get such a great response from the community and so many fantastic and professional test reports.

I would like to thank you by giving you the wheel you have for FREE! No need to return or pay for it.

But what if you want to get all the benefits of the final product?

I would like to make you a special offer: You can purchase the final production unit with a 50% discount! That means instead of 300€ you only pay 150€ (plus shipping as tax if applicable, as mentioned in the webshop)

You will get TWO wheels for half the price of one wheel.

Please note:
- If you sell the current wheel, please clearly mention that it is a test unit without warranty.
- Please understand that we cannot give you any warranty on the Beta wheel or upgrade it.

If you take our offer, it would be great if you would update your current test review and report about the final wheel so the user gets the right impression.

Many people were reading your reviews and comments so it would be great if you let them know about all the improvements we made.

If you made a Youtube video about a bug of the Beta wheel: Please delete the video. Thanks.

The new wheel can be ordered at our webshop from March 31st until April 6th as the quantity is limited. (perhaps earlier if we get the voucher system implemented earlier)

Please place a regular order and enter this code during the order process:

[code removed]

Please note that this code can only be used once and cannot be used for other products. It will automatically deduct the 50% discount on the wheel. Please contact me if your country is not listed.

Thanks again for helping us to build the first “community steering wheel”.

Happy Easter!

Thomas

Thomas Jackermeier
CEO
Endor AG
Seligenthalerstr 16
D- 84034 Landshut

Link to webshop: <http://www.fanatec.de/html/index.php?id=110&lang=en>

Wow.

*stunned face*

If only I could get the wheel to feel "right"

Do I sell? Do I keep?

HALP!
wheres that attached list jack?
Since the awranty is gone, i can basicly throw mine away. The pedals are dead for a month and it was said i will get a new revised unit. Will see, sent them an e-mail with the same contents.

EDIT: would have to buy a new set (and/or mount).
and here i thought you were kidding when you said xls

anyway nice list at the very least they did indeed listen
Well, at least my pedals woke up when i reactivated them by fanatec instructions. Guess what i'll be racing with from now on.
G25?
well, since fanatec has been so great to us, I think i'm actually going to buy the newer model with all the improvements. I was going to make a video today... but now i'm wondering if i should just wait untill i get the new model so i don't have to mention the faults of the test model that have been beaten to death already.
why not wait until you get the new model and then make a comparison emphasizing what bits did improve and what should have but didnt
I wil get that new wheel, I wanna feel and see the real difference.
its says to delete old videos in the email anways Now i wanna open this one up and see if i can figure out whats wrong with the sensor and why the wheel keeps going off-center... of course i'll probably end up begging for help in the forums. Have any of you guys already "fixed" the problem with the beta wheel going off center?

I can get the new wheel for 175, the new gt5 wheel for 150, or the g25 for about 250... :P
Nice one. Personal messages are always good. They must love you
And Jack, I suggest you sell the wheel. To me. For a tenner
Quote from Jakg :Wow.

*stunned face*

If only I could get the wheel to feel "right"

Do I sell? Do I keep?

HALP!

I've not checked this thread for a few weeks, so that email was a bit of a surprise. Wow thats "Fana-tastec" news, what an example to set for other companies to follow, Fanatec have really gone up in my estimation I'm genuinely genuinely impressed with their customer relations

i wonder if there's any chance of a free wheel, seeing as how sycophantically nice i've just been to them ?...well, it was worth a shot !.

Are the deep screws on the wheel 2,5 mm allen too? I don't have a key that long (or that small)...

Fanatec 911 Turbo Wheel - First Impressions
(676 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG