The online racing simulator
Quote from ArrAssAdor :Hi Teedot

It is very difficult for us to make the perfect spring strength as this is certainly a matter of taste and what you are used to. Most beta testers demanded a stronger spring on the level of a G**.

We made the spring 20% less strong as the G** as we think that this is enough. Please give it some time as it needs some days to get used to.

Thomas

Totally agree.. Though, IMHO, I still think it feels a lot stiffer than the G**.... I had one. But that aside... everything else is great. Really like how you guys put the soft-touch plastic on the shifter... gives that unit a much higher quality look and feel.

Quote from kenysl :Then when should I receive it exactly? I've been told its already shipped. And by what method will it be shipped? DHL or Fedex? Or just normal mail? Appreciate some more confirm reply pls.

AFAIK, its shipped via DHL... but it could be totally different in your case given your location. If you email Fanatec with your order number, they may be able to provide you with a tracking number for your wheel.
New wheel arrived. Impressed what the have changed, I also like that new shifter. You just wanna touch it. Looks really good. Pedals look the same but the base is more solid. Lets have a go at it.
Quote from niels1 :New wheel arrived. Impressed what the have changed, I also like that new shifter. You just wanna touch it. Looks really good. Pedals look the same but the base is more solid. Lets have a go at it.

No word for an hour.. I guess that's good news.
Quote from niels1 :New wheel arrived. Impressed what the have changed, I also like that new shifter. You just wanna touch it. Looks really good. Pedals look the same but the base is more solid. Lets have a go at it.

Quit stroking it man its just a shifter
:ices_rofl
Oke my first impression on the new wheel. Bloody hell they have listend. The wheel is improved big time. This will be a top notch wheel. Way the go Fanatec.

Watch thi space for a new comparising review against the beta wheel.
Don´t think there is a money back warranty but there is a good european replacement warranty. It´s of course always a gamble with new wheels but it´s worth the shot. the G25 has it´s issues with the shifter, some got bad wheels as well so it´s not a safe bet either
Well it definiatly more for simulations. In some arcade games like GRID I am actually faster with the G25 since with no resistance you get from full lock to full lock very fast lol. However since the 911 is always more fun and feels better also in GRID I only use that anyway.

H-shifter works fine if the cars are not to fast of course. In Race 07 I am not loosing much if any time using the H-shifter. I don´t really need to engine brake to lock the tires on the WTCC cars anyway
Return policy
We actually do offer a 14 days money back guarantee.

You can return the wheel without any given reason within 14 days after your purchase. You only have to pay for the shipping charges and you have to make sure the product is packed in the original carton and complete.

Thomas
I cant help you with Vista, although the driver should be the same as XP. Did you reinstall the driver again ? Which driver did you use ?. If you do make sure that you end PWservice.exe in task manager.
In rFactor i used several plugins to get the best feeling with the wheel. rFactor itself doesnt have the support for a wheel with FFB. You need some plugins to get the best feeling. I have somewhere a guide which helps really well.

Thy this
I have set it to 66% on wheel and ingame to 100%. When i do use the 100% on wheel it feels to strong for me. It is getting hot but the power that egine produces is insane. With a hughe bump on track and settings at 100% i cant hold the wheel. Too much for me.
so in total it costs 305.95 incl shjipping?
No didnt loose any FFb during gameplay. NOt withthe new wheel or with the beta wheel.

@ %Scrabby : When i go there and use the belgium is says to me 299.95EUR incl. VAT plus shipment
ow i misunderstood the incl vat + shipment, thx (i though it was an aditional cost meaning the + shipment)

so u paid also 299.95?
Well for me the G25 wheel get more loose in my hands but that is because the thin grip. The 911 wheel never slip for me but 100 % force feedback no way in most of the games I run. It gets nnnnngggh in high speed corners and really affect your lap times after doing more then 3 consecutive laps. And yes you can feel it the day after. G25 is less fatiguing for sure. I have a hard time tuning down the force feedback as much as I should lol. So 66 % and force feedback in game at about 80 % generally. This differs of course for different mods and sims.

For Race 07 I have steering force at 130 for G25 and about 80 for the fanatec wheel. Force feedback 100 % on G25 and 80 % on 911 wheel. (However max force feedback is 150 % lol on G25.

For me the force feedback strength above what you can use doesn´t matter.
As for hitting curbs for these affects the G25 seem to be a bit faster and stronger. But again don´t know if it because my grip isn´t as good with that wheel I have trouble parrying it . I guess the dual motors change directions faster so that type of force feedback the G25 does good. Resembles exactly what I feel with my bass shakers. Not that I care to much about those effects when I get my cockpit with buttkicker LFE running I will probably disable those effects on my wheel since I rather get them directly through my body
Quote from Schumi4everSK :I've installed the RealFeal and LeoFFB as well and I have a question. Before a had it installed, I had to set the FFB to -100% . Now it seems to work better with 100% . Is that normal? thanks

Yup before the real feel plugin you needed negative feedback. Now its turned positive.
I dont have ICq, sorry for that. But you can work with the real plugin and Leo FFB. You can find Leo FFB here

Also there is this, but there is a load of plugins for rFactor. You can get them here at rFactor central.

All I used was a combo of both, the leo/real feel plugin. I cant help you with settings anymore bcus my HD crashed at that time and therefor lost every setup of rFactor. Also note I played rFactor with beta wheel. I havent found the time yet too play it with new wheel. But I doubt it will be any different. I used the combo and left it default. I didnt fiddle around too much bcus there is loads of settings. Its a matter of personal feel I pressume. Regarding the wheel it did that too me too. Didnt found out why it did but i kinda got used to it and left it at some point.

If you have any questions feel free to ask through msn, xfire I`ll be happy to answer your questions if i have the answers.
Have anyone a good setup for the GP 1979 mod for rFactor?
Schumi in ISI games you must when you choose axis choose the brake pedal first. Otherwise you get huge deadzones sometimes like 50 %.

I do have slight deadzones but not as much as 10 % maybe 5 % max on the throttle. It´s kind of hard to judge though. The clutch I have a larger deadzone on but then it´s kind of realistic on the clutch. Brake also a little bit but I have learned to like that since you can apply a bit of pre pressure and get faster on the brakes instead.

But well it´s of course better to have zero in deadzone and choose yourself in games how much to use when the pots get weared down
Ah well I meant force feedback settings for the wheel. But I will for sure try out your car setups
Remove the driver. Reboot. Make sure the PWserice in task manager is no longer operating. If so end process. Then reinstall driver. That should work.
Changed the battery ? Or else use the cable. The batteries which came with the wheel arent the best. I noticed it myself. Get yourself some Duracell batteries abd youll see its a lot better. But best is too connect cable.
Hmm I have similar issue`s. But when I put the dongle on a certain spot it works flawless. The first dongle on the beta wheel seemed to be a bit better then. Maybe after a driver update the dongle works better.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG