The online racing simulator
Wireless I will never trust it. But I am lucky I have usb ports in the front that is 40 cm from the wheel so that seem to work well. But if I get a cable in the way I can loose connection so it´s quite sensitive that way for sure.
Has anyone got the firmware update for the wheels sent out before may 1st? I just sent their tech support an email asking for it.
I don't think its a good idea to admit to cracking a game and then asking for assistance.
The wheel works great with the retail copy
does that mean that you cracked LFS and decided it wasn't worth paying for?
Quote from Schumi4everSK :Before I buy a game, I want to make sure that I pay for something I like. If it is possible, get a cracked version, why not? Or if you want to, go and pay the producer for a expensive advertising campaing and shitty product . Also the fact that it is cracked makes it possible to lack some functionality.

That is what demos are for. There is no excuse to pirate a game which already has a demo for that purpose... I mean take this issue. Now you don´t buy this crappy game because of a crappy pirate copy hmm...
Quote from Schumi4everSK :Before I buy a game, I want to make sure that I pay for something I like. If it is possible, get a cracked version, why not? Or if you want to, go and pay the producer for a expensive advertising campaing and shitty product . Also the fact that it is cracked makes it possible to lack some functionality.

Why not? Because it's illegal and stealing. It's quite simple, really. If you dislike that there is no sufficient trial available, i.e. you do not like what you were presented with, then accept that you are not in their demographic (of having and being willing to use money "blindly") and instead of stealing the software, move on.
I updated the firmware, and now I am missing option to turn down centering spring, damper, and steering lock. the normal fanatec menu is gone I installed .56 drivers over and over and tried different things, and i just can't get it to work

Has anyone here successfully updated the firmware?
I did get LFS today. Mostly to avoid buying iRacing and it´s ungodly pricing theme lol.

What settings do you run with your 911 wheels in this game?
whent it was working, i turned damping and centering spring off. also, i used the reccommended steering locks. you may like more or less force feedback. I wish i could get the drivers working properly
did you get some firmware from Thomas or something?

When I first installed my porsche wheel I also didn´t get the control panel to display correctly so it´s maybe just something like that. I had to experiment for two days installing and doing things in different order until it finally was recognized. I experimented so much I don´t remember what I did actually lol.

removing damping I have in all sims so I guess I am alright then. I wonder about the setup if I set my wheel to say 560 degrees and the real car uses 460. Should I then choose 460 in the garage option? However it seems like I still have 560 degrees of travel when checkign the wheels. I also wonder do the steering lock adjust so I could say use 900 degrees and don´t have to steer more then if I had 450 degrees just can turn tighter?
if you set steering compensation to 1 and you use 720 degrees in the porsche controls, then LFS will only detect the recomended lock.

Yeah somebody sent me the firmware update and instructions. I was pretty sure Ifollowed them correctly... Now when i look in the device manager, no drivers show up, and it won't let me use the inf files in the program files\porsche folder.
hmm what do that mean?

I do get different locks for different cars then? or I don´t get 720 degrees in every car?
yeah. the Force feedback lock doesnt change, but the game doesnt recognzie more than the recomended amount. with the f08, you can steer past 450degrees, but at 270degrees in either direction from the center you will reach the car's maximum steering lock.

I just went into the Porsche menu and changed the lock every time i change to a new class of car.
I found some software that makes windows load automatically w/ criver signatures disabled http://www.tipandtrick.net/200 ... ng-with-readydriver-plus/
I just payed for a monthly subscription to iRacing too. The solstice feels great w/ the Porsche wheel. I've only driven on Laguna Seca w/ the solstice sofar.
#592 - STF
Thread revival. :bump:
I thought it would be nice to hear from you 911 wheel owners, after all this time.
What are your impressions about the wheel, right now?
No way of saying you didn`t properly test it heh.

Any opinions vs G25 ?

I want to buy a wheel and i.. need info, the sort of stuff you notice in time.. After extensive use.
Well I have been using the wheel since the beta test.

I cant compare it to a G25 but I am rather happy with the wheel. Havent got any complain only on a dongle who died. Wheel is top notch works without any flaw. Nice leather wheel. Big wheel. Enough buttons to use and preselect for LFS. Pedels after they were refurbished are pretty solid. Nothing to complain about.

Top notch weel. Enough FFB. I have it around 66% on wheel otherwise I cant hold it when I loose control. To power is too much then.

Certainly a wheel to keep in consideration
#594 - STF
I`ve been watching this thread from the very beginning and it was pretty interesting, i must say.
Now i know that.. over time, some improvements have been made for G25. DIY type of improvements, but still.
Quote from niels1 :Certainly a wheel to keep in consideration

Indeed, that`s why i`m asking n00b questions.. Thanks for your reply.

I`m all eyes and ears.. PM me please, let`s not clutter the thread.. Whoever helps me to decide gets a cookie.
My impressions. I am happy to see that the wheel performs as when new still. pedals as well but I got CST pedals so I don´t use them much so can´t really give any report on how well they hold up here.

Shifter the same use SST lightning shifter mostly.

I have some issues though... the force feedback effects that stick in all ISI based sims sometimes when running on rumble strip. Fixed by simply disabling the rumble strip force feedback effects or like in rFactor to map the reset ffb function... Cheap fix hunt the next curb to cancel the effect not really a solution . Now that I have a buttkicker LFE I don´t really want the rumble effects on my wheel anyway. That force feedback effects is also about the only thing the G25 does better I have noticed probably due to it being a bit faster with it´s total lack of resistance

From what I have heard though this seem to be pretty unique for my operating system or wheel. Though I have reinstalled XP three times by now doesn´t matter obviously. Supposed to be fixed in the next driver release for Vista.
Other than that it happens that the dongle loose connection for a second or so. Not very often but I am happy the new Porsche wheels get an updated dongle where they at least promise this won´t happen at all. I do hope for a usb cable upgrade though just for safety. I have never ever had this happening with my previous USB cabled wheels or joysticks.

But well I would wait to order this especially with the new version coming out with 360 support on top, you can use G25 pedals, metal paddles and other stuff so I would go with that model unless this get a serious price cut of course.

So really happy with mine. I don´t use the pedals much as mentioned but the G25 pedals certainly have considerably better precision, no deadzones either and is easilly moddable so overall for simracing at least they are certainly better. The Fanatec pedals is a bit more comfortable with better spacing for my LFB I do in pretty much every sim except for some cars in LFS.
Quote from STF :Thread revival. :bump:
I thought it would be nice to hear from you 911 wheel owners, after all this time.
What are your impressions about the wheel, right now?
No way of saying you didn`t properly test it heh.

Any opinions vs G25 ?

I want to buy a wheel and i.. need info, the sort of stuff you notice in time.. After extensive use.

I love my 911 Turbo wheel; use it every day. I was a beta tester and also had a G25, which I've since gotten rid of. The G25 had a much looser feel around the center and notchier FFB (the 911 is butter smooth but strong since it's belt-driven.) I use it mostly with the PS3 so I can't report too much on drivers or other PC issues. I'm REALLY excited for the new version announced, the 911 Turbo S, which also adds Xbox 360 support (also PC and PS3, from one wheel, finally!) Full FFB and 6 speed H shifter support on the 360 as well. Option for metal adjustable pedals with load cell brake, and vibe motor on the brake pedal- it's a no- brainer as (to me) the 911 wheel architecture is proven, and this is the next evolutionary step. I don't see a thing touching it in this price range. More info:
http://www.fanatec.com/PWTS
mike have you used the G25 in GT5P as well?
Quote from oqvist :mike have you used the G25 in GT5P as well?

Yes, but I liked the wheel and shifter better on the PWT, and the metal pedals better on the G25. The G25 wheel felt too loose to me as I like a lot of feedback and real-car like firmness to the wheel response and no dead zone in the middle. The great thing is, on GT5P and Ferrari Challenge, you can feel the difference in wheel resistance vary from car to car with the Porsche wheel more. Now the pedal option for a higher-end solution is solved that their ClubSport metal pedals will be an option for the new Turbo S wheel (360, PC, or PS3, or for the PC only when used with the old wheel.)
Okay so the force feedback in GT5P is just that poor then... I wasn´t impressed with the FFB with the porsche wheel but thought it might just be some settings not suitable for it
Quote from oqvist :Okay so the force feedback in GT5P is just that poor then... I wasn´t impressed with the FFB with the porsche wheel but thought it might just be some settings not suitable for it

I find the FFB much stronger in Ferrari Challenge than in GT5P. I have GT5P settings of 10 for FFB, 100% on wheel, and 33% for the wheel vibe function (vibe w/ gas pedal, called SHO in the on-wheel LED display adjustment.) I also noticed if you up that SHO to 66% the overall resistance of the wheel and even the FFB feels a little stronger, but I find it more precise at 33% and live with the less feedback strength. It is still stronger than the G25 to me (as I recall, though I don't still have the G25 anymore.)

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG