The online racing simulator
yeap those scrwes are TORX. If my memory doesnt leave me here i think it was TORX 15. Not sure tho.

Anyway the self centering issue can i think be solved in LFS. I have the same issue in rFactor but when i turn it into negative FFB it works. Now only need to do a negative FFB ?.

Any of you know to set the FFB negative on the porsche wheel ?
i dunno how to do that... but in rfactor, u just put a negative in front of the... wait your niels, u must mean some other game besides rfactor and i can't help you there.
Quote from Primoz :Since the awranty is gone, i can basicly throw mine away. The pedals are dead for a month and it was said i will get a new revised unit. Will see, sent them an e-mail with the same contents.

EDIT: would have to buy a new set (and/or mount).

It´s a better deal still... Same price but a new wheel with all the upgrades .

I would jump on it if it wasn´t I have my sights on the non official maybe, only in my dreams Fanatec standalone FFB wheel lol. But well it can for sure take some time before that arrives and I don´t want to be stuck with the G25 until then... the wheel that is the nixim modded pedals I can´t see is going anywhere...

However since I am planning on getting a PS 3 I would be limited to only the G25 if I just get a standalone wheel. Since I doubt the PS 3 supports multiple controllers simultaneously. Tough choice. If it wasn´t for me spending a fortune on flight sim addons lately I would jump on the deal.

Could of course use my current wheel but well I don´t think I will manage to get the pedals assembled again and well not sure with those pedals if I wouldn´t preferr the G25 anyway... I need the new stiffer brake with longer travel, and firmer throttle and heavier base among other things

There is no wait and see because we can use this offer in one week if I understood it correctly and then it´s gone . But I will probably take it just to see how it´s ... I think there is a reason why I currently have 4 wheels in my possession and soon perhaps five...
Quote from Jakg :Can't get FFB to work and the wheel is off-centre - i'm using the latest drivers, can anyone recommend anything?

I had the Problem too.....uninstall all rests of other drivers, my problem was an old logitech driver. It it looks good no Off-center kalibrating.....I use the 47 driver not Beta. After kalibrating in system-tray must click a button on the wheel.
The 5 screws on the underside are 2,5 mm allen, they are successfully pulled out, same goes for the 3 phillips screws under the Porsche logo. Now what? I was told i have to take the wheel off the base. But it doesn't move.

EDIT: just yank it off, it goes. Wathc for the cable though. Now the 5 phillips screws.
#506 - STF
:bump:
bump. any conclusions ? tests?
very disappointed with this wheel... the pedals died for NO REASON after a month.... and it has constantly been having issues with the wireless. Cutting in and out for no reason. And no the USB dongle is NOT across the room... it is HALF a FOOT away.

Made in China... that explains it all. :thumbsdow

Back to Logitech products I go... nothing in the $150-$300 range can compete with or beat the G25, face it.
retail wheel or the beta wheel?
Quote from teedot :very disappointed with this wheel... the pedals died for NO REASON after a month.... and it has constantly been having issues with the wireless. Cutting in and out for no reason. And no the USB dongle is NOT across the room... it is HALF a FOOT away.

Made in China... that explains it all. :thumbsdow

Back to Logitech products I go... nothing in the $150-$300 range can compete with or beat the G25, face it.

The G25 is also made in China.
Quote from Gabkicks :retail wheel or the beta wheel?

beta wheel.. but still... you would think it would last more than a couple of months with normal use... dont you think?

This thing had minor issues from day-one... but then it's like a chain reaction. First the wireless starts cutting in and out for no reason, it gets worse and worse as time goes on.... Then the force feedback started jerking the wheel lock-to-lock for no reason, essentially ripping it out of my hands and throwing my car into a wall or someone else, then the pedals started having wireless issues, cutting in and out... then finally one day I go to use them and they don't work.. yet the day before they were perfectly fine, yet still with their issues. Pedals would not work with/without batteries, plugged in, etc etc etc.

It's like this thing has a disease that's eating away at the electronics inside... lol.

I would still expect a Beta wheel to stand up to regular use... and certainly don't expect it to not have issues. But the fact that the problems kept multiplying.... i think it is fair to say what i have said. The wheel is cheaply made.. it may feel and look nice... but with results like this within just a couple of months of use... garbage IMO.

(which is where mine will be heading shortly, after i smash it with my sledgehammer )
Quote from teedot :beta wheel.. but still... you would think it would last more than a couple of months with normal use... dont you think?

This thing had minor issues from day-one... but then it's like a chain reaction. First the wireless starts cutting in and out for no reason, it gets worse and worse as time goes on.... Then the force feedback started jerking the wheel lock-to-lock for no reason, essentially ripping it out of my hands and throwing my car into a wall or someone else, then the pedals started having wireless issues, cutting in and out... then finally one day I go to use them and they don't work.. yet the day before they were perfectly fine, yet still with their issues. Pedals would not work with/without batteries, plugged in, etc etc etc.

the problems you describe all have the same root cause and are connected. But it surprises me that the problems got worse as there is no reason for that. The new wheel should arrive soon and then you should not have those problems anymore.
Please check out the new drivers. All remaining problems should be solved now and FF effects work much better in some games (like GTR2)
ArrAssAdor I got the retail wheel and can´t install any drivers . Well they install but I just get the ordinary windows control panel not the fanatec one.
Quote from oqvist :ArrAssAdor I got the retail wheel and can´t install any drivers . Well they install but I just get the ordinary windows control panel not the fanatec one.

Please make sure you dont mix up the dongles. Please send me an email to info 911wheel.com and i will try to help you. This is a installation problem
no it´s the right dongle email sent
Quote from ArrAssAdor :the problems you describe all have the same root cause and are connected. But it surprises me that the problems got worse as there is no reason for that. The new wheel should arrive soon and then you should not have those problems anymore.

Thanks for your reply Thomas. I must say I do enjoy using the wheel when it works... but as of late these problems have just been frustrating me so much that I don't even want to play. Kudos to Fanatec if you are indeed going to send me a replacement wheel. That is really top notch!!
you payed for a beta wheel and you're getting a replacement? or are you one of the testers? i'm confuzed... i'll read through the previous posts again, heh. i think arrassador means if you bought the retail wheel, it is being shipped, not that he was sending a replacement for the beta.
I have yet to see the centering issues arrise on my retail wheel . I do get the force feedback stops that is a bit off but that really don´t matter much to me. Off as in say 176 and -184 there is no jumps from 160-180 now smooth all the way.

Would be nice if you could manually adjust these somehow though for control freaks like myself lol.
its good to hear the centering bug is fixed in the retail wheel. i don't think i will do much online racing until i get the retail wheel. also, my pedals cut out once in a while...
Quote from Gabkicks :heh. i think arrassador means if you bought the retail wheel, it is being shipped, not that he was sending a replacement for the beta.

Well... I would have purchased a retail wheel, but after the problems I experienced with the 'beta' wheel.... i decided not to. I'm not about to put money down the drain for this to just happen again...

If Fanatec sends me a replacement, top notch... shows that they take a genuine interest in what the community thinks of their products and that they stand behind their quality.

If Fanatec doesn't send me a replacement, thats fine too... This doesnt mean that they don't care about the people who are using their products... but it won't do anything to help my opinion on the wheel (which at this point is not very good).

So we shall see.... im not getting my hopes up.

Let's also not forget that I had to eat the cost of Duty and Taxes on this wheel before I could even test it because of a paperwork error.
I have to agree with Teedot. Problems got worse and worse. I cant get a clean lape within LFS. It starts cutting in the corner big time. And yeah I am still on the beta wheel. Problems got that worse i havent driven anymore. I haven been on LFS for about 2 - 3 months.
I was 1 of the first in Hollad who got the wheel. I was really enjoying the wheel. I have even send photos to Fanatec that the sensors didnt lign up. I was interested in buying the wheel but since problems got worse and worse I decided not to.

Thomas I still think you have a good product on your hands but instead of giving this beta wheel you should have developt it more with the beta users you had selected. Kinda disappointed in that tbh. I have all drivers here and since the driver number went up the problem got worse. Better yet you posted a new driver but cant be used without a firmware update on the wheel. The post of a new firmware coming out was at the start of may but we nearly entering june.

You also asked me to write another review but you never replied me.
If you wanna continu with these products I think you should take your beta tester more seriously. Take time to answer their questions or listen to what they have to say. It feels like you didnt really listen and started right with to correct the faults.

Sincerly Niels
+1 niels.

I would gladly take a new retail wheel from Fanatec, even if i had to pay for it as other testers have had to. However, they are going to have to prove to me that the issues that are apparent in the beta wheel are no longer in the retail wheel. In order to do that, they would have send me a retail wheel and allow me to use it for at least 30 days.... If it performed up to my satisfaction and did not have the issues apparent in the beta wheel, then I would have no problem paying the price originally agreed for community testers.

That may be asking a lot, but that is going to be what it takes to prove to me that this wheel is worth paying money for.

And you should catch me soon before i bite the bullet and go and get another G25... I was just about to do that today before someone pointed out that Thomas had replied...
But you guys have the wrong view on things... When you got to try the beta wheel it was very clear it was a beta test. You signed to try it out it was voluntary and hasn´t cost you a bit. You regret that you ever got to lay hands on the wheel I assume then...

Beta wheels have issues if they wouldn´t neither logitech, Fanatec or anyone would produce prototypes and let people use them and find errors that don´t exist. It costs money for sure and there is no return if there weren´t any issues.

It was a superb bonus you actually get to keep them for free not having to send them back. Also fair to let you buy the retail wheel for half the price. But really how can you judge the retail wheel from the beta is beyond me. Trust me you will never ever buy anything that is beta then if you go by that. Then you had no clue what it was you signed up upon.

Now I guess you have to pay full price to get it but that is just fair because of your lack of faith in Fanatec . They will get the people like me and others who has the retail wheel already and see that the centering issues are gone so you don´t need fanatec to send another freebie your way you had your chance and missed out on a great opportunity

Get the G25 if you preferred the feel of it for sure the wheel is quite identical minus the centering issues. Pedals are a lot better now and on par with the G25 in term of feel for sure. Durability is yet to see of course but the pedals don´t quirk or anything so hopefully they will hold up better. You should buy one just for seeing how much the pedals has improved and sell on ebay or something if you still preferr the G25.
May I ask, How can I get in on beta participations???

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG