The online racing simulator
Quote from teedot :i think how they work is more important then what they look like inside...

I wasn't referring to cosmetics, but quality and build / design decisions. I couldn't give a hoot what they look like in that regard.

Tiny pots, attached to the pedal arm, in a manner which caused all manner of calibration issues with last gen Logitech pedals.
I just took a look at the iinside pictures. Those belts wont wear out. I use the same belts for washmachines. Those last at least 10 years. Its the samew manufactor. They will last. Very solid
Quote from dontsimon :I wasn't referring to cosmetics, but quality and build / design decisions. I couldn't give a hoot what they look like in that regard.

Tiny pots, attached to the pedal arm, in a manner which caused all manner of calibration issues with last gen Logitech pedals.

Ah.

Well the pots used in older Logitech wheels such as the DFP and DF were plastic... case and all... just all around cheap. The ones in the 911-wheel are metal... much more durable and shouldn't be susceptible to the pedal problems that plagued the DFP & DF. However only time will tell...

Quote from niels1 :I just took a look at the iinside pictures. Those belts wont wear out. I use the same belts for washmachines. Those last at least 10 years. Its the samew manufactor. They will last. Very solid

Yup they are the similar to what you would find in a car as well. I also saw on the 911-wheel website that they have carbon fibre in the belts to increase strength. Quite cool!
Quote from teedot :just got home and i was disappointed to see that my wheel is still not here......

Thomas, for testers in North America, are the wheels being shipped from the USA?

We shipped all wheels from our US warehouse. Seems that the US logistics are not so efficient as in the EU
The good thing about those pots you can replace them atleast when 1 is broke. At least it are the metal ones instead of those jurky plastic pots. They break easily and can go outside there range. I never seen a metal one go outside its own range. But time will tell, like Teedot said.
Quote from ArrAssAdor :We shipped all wheels from our US warehouse. Seems that the US logistics are not so efficient as in the EU

Hehe thats for sure! Thanks for the reply Thomas, I'll keep my eyes peeled for it, im gettin anxious
Quote from Primoz :
Oh, the LED display says bar over here. Is that normal? (it's bar or the setup)

At the moment the LEDs only show the TUNING menu. The feature to show info from the game will be added with a later revision of the driver. We first have to get Vista running.
Quote from niels1 :The good thing about those pots you can replace them atleast when 1 is broke. At least it are the metal ones instead of those jurky plastic pots. They break easily and can go outside there range. I never seen a metal one go outside its own range. But time will tell, like Teedot said.

Can any of the experts tell from those pics (or if you've opened up your own yet), if it would be easy to tap into these pots or the cables that connect them to the circuit board so they could be connected to another wheel wired?

Stick with me, I know that sounds nuts at first- the reason I ask is that I recall in the Forza 2 community someone was able to connect the Xbox 360 M$ wheel (which connects to its own pedals with an RJ11 cable) to the G25 pedals' pots, enabling him to use the G25 gas and brake (no clutch support on the 360 of course!)

If I end up keeping the 911 wheel, I occasionally use the 360 and it would be great if I could use that G25 trick to tap the pots on these pedals to connect to my M$ wheel so I don't have to swap pedal sets on my Playseat every time I fire up the 360. I didn't know if the pedals being wireless transmission back to the dongle would cause problems, but of course inside the pedal set there must be wired connections running from the pots to the wireless transmitter board.

I'm not suggesting anyone tap into anything or void warranties at this time- I was just curious if you think this might be possible down the line, since it's already known to work on the G25?

I hope my wheel comes today! As an early buyer, I can't wait to give it a try. I think from what I've read so far I'll be a happy camper and I'm glad to go through some initial quirks while the drivers and all are being improved for the long haul!
Here are my Pros n Cons so far

Pros:
-- Long power cable
-- Many buttons on the steering wheel
-- Good Shift Feeling on H-shifter
-- 1 GB USB stick in the Porsche Design
-- Wireless Connection is no problem
-- LCD display on the steering wheel
-- No engine noise (quite wheel)
-- Extra solution for a permanent installation (simulator)
-- H-shifter + Seq. Separately shifter. Fast construction possible
-- Easy installation of the driver by plugging in the USB Connection stick
-- Good design, Porsche steering wheel very similar
-- Shift Thingys easily accessible
-- Good Gaspedal with force feedback on the wheel through putting the foot on the Gas

Contras:
-- Cable to pedals to very short.
-- Connectors to pedals shaky, several dropouts happens.
-- Vista driver problem. Only function Drivers
-- Shifter sometimes tricky to shift.
-- Wheel surface is very slippery
-- Pedals slip away on laminate
-- Brake Pedal way little short.
-- Shifter is very loose while attached.
-- Short shifter cable.
-- Bad cable distribution. Cable always depend on the legs (pedal cable)
-- Clutch at Vista not working (identified only as a button or false detected)
-- Wheel rotation also only 180 ° and 360 ° by 900 LCD display set. Since Vista driver is not working
Is it possible to have the option of 540° direct on the wheel? It's the rotation a LOT of people use...
If you set the rotation on the wheel to zero, the wheel uses the settings which you set ingame. Is in the manual.
Quote from Jakg :Is it possible to have the option of 540° direct on the wheel? It's the rotation a LOT of people use...

no just 180,360 and 900
I know it's not possible, it was a suggestion.
Quote from Jakg :Is it possible to have the option of 540° direct on the wheel? It's the rotation a LOT of people use...

Seconded, what I use. I think 400 and 540 would be far more useful presets than 360 and 180.
180° 270° 360° 540° 720° 900°

That should fit to everybody
Oops misread it. I thought you couldnt set it. It would be sweet to have those options on wheel. Makes live easier
I'm reading with great interest.

It's nice to see more "G25 class" of wheels coming out.
I almost completely agree with bash0r's PROs and CONs. Just not with the shifter cable being too short. It depends. THe way it's mounted now is a con for me since not everybody uses a straight desk - i have my desk spread over 2 walls with the monitor in the corner. The shifter just barely fits on the straight part. Luckely i have this table, a few years back i had a complete radius. I don't have any driver problems though since i am on XP. And i also agree with the 540 setting via the LCD: And if it's possible to make a real stop via the FFB where the rotation should stop. ATM it's very easy to go past that.

Sidi 360 is okay, IMO 270 isn't needed. And the bar way is the only way to mount the shifter. Unless you put 2 bolts through the holes and make a custom mount. I'd REALLY like to see 2 ways to mount the shifter - the current (since it's usefull for the PS3 guys that use it on the lap, can't imagine lots of people doing that though) and somethign simmilar to the G25 way, with it's own clamp. And separate shifters are nice but kinda bad too. Now i'd have to change the shifter everytime i want to drive the GTRs in LFS (FXR or XRR; they have sequential ticks and buttons suck :P)

EDIT: it seems the centrespring thingie is always on. I have to enable, apply, disable and apply it to really disable it. But when i close the driver control pannel, it's back.
Quote from baSh0r :no just 180,360 and 900

there's no ffb lock like with the DFP? are those physical locks?
Quote from Gabkicks :there's no ffb lock like with the DFP? are those physical locks?

No those are FF locks, the only physical lock as such is the endstop (900). There are three presets (180,360,900) that are selectable from the wheels menu whilst you're using it, really more for the PS3 users. Any angle between 200-900 is selectable from the driver, just like the Logitech profiler.
sweet hopefully my wheel comes today... i wish there was some way to track where the wheel is exactly... but i dont have the tracking number.
Quote from Gabkicks :sweet hopefully my wheel comes today... i wish there was some way to track where the wheel is exactly... but i dont have the tracking number.

Same here, hoping I'll have a nice package at home in Virginia tonight to play with this weekend!
I've received my wheel.

First impressions:

The smell is nice, reminds me the smell of new car/new g25.

Mounting the wheel was a horrible experience. I feel there is some "loose" beetwen the wheel and the base. Maybe it's not screwed properly. When wheel was unconnected it did feel more like DFP(but not as heavy in turning) rather like G25, which is very easy to turn. After connecting the resistance is still there. Atm I am downloading .net framework 3.5 so I can install the drivers.

Wheel finnish is very good, I like the feel of it etc.And the way lights go on is sweet too. Looks very very nice.

Pedals are light and feel plastic. They don't feel solid like G25 pedals. Clutch pedal has nice feel, it "pushes" your foot out of it. Pedal brake is very short. Fanatec is trying to simulate real brake but it kinda didn't work. Maybe I will change my mind once I use it in action. Throttle pedal feels light, it's quite good.

Good news about the pedals is that it is very easy and comfortable to Heel and Toe.

I've recorded some vids. Will post them later tonight.

More impressions once I've tested it in action.

edit:

I forgot. I like the feeling of shifter, needs more force to shift, but the way it's mounted.. I'm not sure. Thing is, feels nice to actually put some force into shifting the gears.
Any of you have a new driver yet ??
Quote from kamkorPL :I've recorded some vids. Will post them later tonight.

And please (also) upload them to youtube. Much more people are going to find them there than only from a dl link here.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG