The online racing simulator
Quote from Luke.S :I knew it would be crap knew it. Just knew it bw jakg i fked my lfs lol.

If you dont have a 911-wheel and are not part of this test, keep your crappy opinions to yourself. This is called a TEST period for a reason.
I tihink the brake "feels" bad because it's copied from a 911 - only in that the brake would be pressure sensitive (which i dont quite understand but meh), however on this they are travel-sensitive, and so need a lot more travel than a 911 has (or pressure sensitive pedals!).
Quote from Jakg :I tihink the brake "feels" bad because it's copied from a 911 - only in that the brake would be pressure sensitive (which i dont quite understand but meh), however on this they are travel-sensitive, and so need a lot more travel than a 911 has (or pressure sensitive pedals!).

The PU foam which is under the pedal is actually a little bit too high. We can cut it a bit to give the pedals more travel and make it softer as well.

Sorry for all those driver problems! We will make a new version available tomorrow which should fix the issues.
Ok, your reading this thread!

I'd like to say something...

Firstly - THANK YOU! For letting me try this.

Secondly, these are PRE-PRODUCTION samples. And my testing seems to be plagued by driver issues atm...

Will write a "proper" review over the weekend.
Quote from Luke.S :I knew it would be crap knew it. Just knew it bw jakg i fked my lfs lol.

You don't have this wheel, apart from a couple of bad points it seems better built and certainly much nicer to use than the Logitech wheels. Of course in the end of the day both can't hide the fact they're massed produced plastic products and as much as I'd love the pedal base to be made out of a solid milled piece of aluminum I'd rather not pay the price tag. This wheel has some class to it, I didn't think I'd like it but the soft touch plastics and chunky wheel rim really give it a feeling like a real car wheel, in fact it's much nicer than a typical car wheel to use. You however have no idea what this wheel is like and have no right to cast an opinion in this thread, if you really have to go and senselessly bash it start a new thread.

Quote from Jakg :I tihink the brake "feels" bad because it's copied from a 911 - only in that the brake would be pressure sensitive (which i dont quite understand but meh), however on this they are travel-sensitive, and so need a lot more travel than a 911 has (or pressure sensitive pedals!).

It feels like a really mushy brake pedal from a car that seriously needs its brakes bleeding. The travel, position and initial resistance are probably right but the lack of progressive pressure means you hit the endstops very quickly when you're not used to it, unfortunately this is a limitation of any spring based brake pedal, which is all we're ever going to see in budget wheels due to costs.

As for the shifter I'm sending it back to be fixed
Thanks for the answer, that's kinda sad to hear
Quote from Jakg :Ok, your reading this thread!

I'd like to say something...

Firstly - THANK YOU! For letting me try this.

Secondly, these are PRE-PRODUCTION samples. And my testing seems to be plagued by driver issues atm...

Will write a "proper" review over the weekend.

Yes I do look at several forums and the information you give to us is pure gold.
Believe me that we try everything to make the wheel better. After 3 years of development there was a point where we felt the product is good enough to compete. Of course it is not perfect and there are many things to improve but I would already be happy if our tiny little 7 person company can compete with the giants out there.
3 YEARS?!

...!

Thats quite a long time development.

Ok - another point - should the D-Pad (and all the buttons) "rock" so much i can see behind them to the PCB and the actual LED without using excess force?
Quote from Jakg :3 YEARS?!

...!

Thats quite a long time development.

Ok - another point - should the D-Pad (and all the buttons) "rock" so much i can see behind them to the PCB and the actual LED without using excess force?

The buttons can certainly be improved like other things as well. It is a question of priority.
Our wheel is not perfect and on every Porsche you will find something to improve as well. Thats why they keep on developing new cars.
Quote from ArrAssAdor :The buttons can certainly be improved like other things as well. It is a question of priority.
Our wheel is not perfect and on every Porsche you will find something to improve as well. Thats why they keep on developing new cars.

very fair point
Hiya Thomas,

Have testing again without the drivers. Without the drivers it seems to work sorta. What I have noticed now is that the gearbox keeps stuck in second gear. Regarding the wheel I dont think that much improvment needed. We wait for the new drivers and see what comes out of it.
Quote from ArrAssAdor :The PU foam which is under the pedal is actually a little bit too high. We can cut it a bit to give the pedals more travel and make it softer as well.

Sorry for all those driver problems! We will make a new version available tomorrow which should fix the issues.

I think making the pedal have a longer travel would be better. Even with a pressure sensitive wheel it wouldn't be perfect because in a real car you have a direct feedback from the braking force. Here you just can't know. Well, it's all a case of geting used to it, as you also must get used to have a certain amount of travel.

My shifter is generally okay, it just tends to get stuck sometimes ging from 4th to 5th. Releasing it to the central position and shifting to 5th works then.

Oh, the LED display says bar over here. Is that normal? (it's bar or the setup)
Quote from Primoz :I think making the pedal have a longer travel would be better. Even with a pressure sensitive wheel it wouldn't be perfect because in a real car you have a direct feedback from the braking force. Here you just can't know. Well, it's all a case of geting used to it, as you also must get used to have a certain amount of travel.

Heel and toeing will never feel the same if the brake pedal has lots of travel, at least with this solution it's easy to heel and toe.
I have had the same thing on the LED display. Went away out itself. I will tommorow have a look at the foam to see if its gives the breaks more travel distance. I think a little more travel distance would help the breaks. But you dont wanna remove too much to take away the pressure feeling in the break pedal.
That is true...

EDIT: can we open the pedals/wheel up and have a look at the insides? Or are there any pics out there to scratch the itch?
I'm really curious about this wheel, I never tried a G25, and I'm probably not trying this one for a long time either. So I'm looking forward to the reviews, specially Jak's. He seems the right person for the job

And to the people saying the wheel's crap without trying it:
LFS is in a testing phase too, the big problem with LFS is this fact: people think it's crap before they tried it, because they read all the bugs, while the sim isn't finished yet, but they judge it on it.

You people do the same: the wheel is out for testing, you reed negative feedback and jump to the conclusion the wheel's crap. Which when it goes live, I'm sure it won't.
Kamkor: Your first pic of the "inside wheel" is the same as the pic above it.
First of all, not my pic I gave a link to the source page. Rest of pictures there.
hm a 2 stage gear reduction with belts... likely to be very quiet but not exactly fast
and the cooling on the motor means that theyre either the first company to do things properly or they put more stress on it that all other wheels... hope its the former
just got home and i was disappointed to see that my wheel is still not here......

Thomas, for testers in North America, are the wheels being shipped from the USA?
Inside of pedals look like a step backwards compared to the G25. More like Momo / DFP style. Not encouraging.
Quote from dontsimon :Inside of pedals look like a step backwards compared to the G25. More like Momo / DFP style. Not encouraging.

i think how they work is more important then what they look like inside...

That FFB motor is HUGE haha

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG