The online racing simulator
Hmmm, noone received the wheel yet? You guys are going to have to take one for the team and pull a couple of all-nighters to properly wear those things out
Quote :looks like a toy

Hmm..................... could that be because infact it is a toy ???
A big boys toy tho but it still is a toy. Lets wait when we get it and see some user reviews. No need to get flaming on something what hasnt been seen or used yet.

Quote :Hmmm, noone received the wheel yet? You guys are going to have to take one for the team and pull a couple of all-nighters to properly wear those things out

Still not in yet. Gonna be some late night session that I feel coming up. I due hope its worht the effort bcus time is running really short.
Quote from niels1 :Hmm..................... could that be because infact it is a toy ???
A big boys toy tho but it still is a toy. Lets wait when we get it and see some user reviews. No need to get flaming on something what hasnt been seen or used yet.

You should look at the link before commenting first...
I think he referred to the fact that a Porsche 911 Turbo is per se rather a toy than a genuinely usefull vehicle...
Quote from ColeusRattus :I think he referred to the fact that a Porsche 911 Turbo is per se rather a toy than a genuinely usefull vehicle...

@myself: maybe you should read a complete post!

Quote from sgt.flippy :You should look at the link before commenting first...

I was revering to the wheel not to the porsche interior.

-edit-
Quote :@myself: maybe you should read a complete post!

ROFL
Quote from mr_pio :BTW, this is the latest 997 wheel. I think the Fanatec wheel is modelled on the previous, 996 version.

Another tester myself, watching this topic every hour or so to see when the Germans finally put their depraved hands on the thing

This is more like what I saw at the auto show last weekend, from a 2007 997:

Check the wheel, pedals, and shifter- pretty exact looking to the Fanatec, at least from what I compared on the YouTube video and their website to what's in the car.

BTW, I was told yesterday that my wheel should be arriving soon, as they were stuck in Customs for about a week but due to be released yesterday or today. Fingers crossed...
Quote from MR_B :Do we get the airbag too?

it would be nice,now i need a decent helmet and off course hans system!

i guess monday will be the day for all those anxious testers!
Quote from MR_B :Do we get the airbag too?

rofl! Imagine airbag shooting out everytime you crash in LFS? You're gonna have quite a punched look all the time then
Quote from [RF]-art555 :rofl! Imagine airbag shooting out everytime you crash in LFS? You're gonna have quite a punched look all the time then

That would be a great idea. If it actually hurt, maybe people wouldn't crash as much :P
Quote from Stang70Fastback :That would be a great idea. If it actually hurt, maybe people wouldn't crash as much :P

^ this man's a genius! It would solve all our problems

Have yourself a cookie
Holy crap! How offset are the pedals in that picture mike posted? No way could i ever try and drive like that, it would be weird to me.
THa's cause you're 14. I drive with my heel under the brake pedal with the toes pressing on the gas pedal. And then just turn the foot over to the brake. Not with my MOMO though, i do that in the Punto :P

Anywho, i still haven't recieved the wheel. Everybody else got it?
Primoz, looking from responses or lack of responses on other forums, rather no one did. I just hope the wheel will come early this week, since less and less days are left for testing.
Quote from Primoz :THa's cause you're 14. I drive with my heel under the brake pedal with the toes pressing on the gas pedal. And then just turn the foot over to the brake. Not with my MOMO though, i do that in the Punto :P

It may just be an illusion but it looks like the clutch pedal is a good inch to the right of the centre of the steering column. I'm pretty sure most car aren't like that, although TBH I've never really looked hard at the pedal box position so long as it feels right it's fine
check out who has recently posted in this thread

http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/ ... php?p=2905741#post2905741

Quote from Fanatec :The wheels are already in the US since January 17th and same with Europe but it seems that Murphy is our best friend and he helped us to create another delay due to missing documents, slow customs blablabla.
The EU wheels will definitly go out on Monday and I expect that the US wheels ship on Tuesday.
We will increase the testing period for at least one week.

We will send our wheels to a lot of happy G25 users and we are not afraid of their judgement. It took a while and we still know a lot of things we can improve but the people who tested the wheel so far were quite surprised.

Ahhh so that means the will arrive this week.
Good news, also they expand the testing period for a week. The 15th is coming up fast now. So a extra week is very good
Arrived.

First impression. Nice wheel. Leather high quality. A bit short on the lenght on the cable between wheel and pedals. Awesome look. Now setting up wheel for some first steering impressions.
yay!
Quote from niels1 :Arrived.

First impression. Nice wheel. Leather high quality. A bit short on the lenght on the cable between wheel and pedals. Awesome look. Now setting up wheel for some first steering impressions.

get your arse on vent
Damn you! I'm still totally wheel-less!
I'm actually thinking about dropping them a cheeky email to tell them I have no wheel and therefor I'm the perfect market for them to win over

Failing that, if anyone gets sick of theirs then I'll take it off your hands

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG