The online racing simulator
I sent Fanatec the email I was talking about, suggesting that they should send me a wheel. I've not had a response yet but I'm not holding my breath
Quote from word. :Pitty it would cost about $40,000 to buy a F1 steering wheel.

Replica?
Quote from niels1 :The noise of the wheel when turning is a bit weird. You expect to hear some noise but I never heard a quiter wheel as this.

im starting to wish i had singed up for this beta
sounds really nice

now if anyone (in case jack cant get his damn overclocked... thing to work) would do a niels type video this might turn out to be a real competitor for the g25
Quote from Shotglass :im starting to wish i had singed up for this beta
sounds really nice

now if anyone (in case jack cant get his damn overclocked... thing to work) would do a niels type video this might turn out to be a real competitor for the g25

Shotglass: What type is exactly niels type video? Atm I'm just planning to make vid showing difference in pedals beetwen G25 and 911, same with shifter. Also vid of wheel in action while drifting - "letting the wheel spin" and catch style to show its speed.
-
(deggis) DELETED by deggis
Quote from kamkorPL :Also vid of wheel in action while drifting - "letting the wheel spin" and catch style to show its speed.

thats pretty much what niels did
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=32966
although he (tried) to make it a bit more objective and replicable by starting from a donut which doesnt depend on speed and turn in among other variables like a drift would
Wheel's here (i say "here", but i'm at School and it's at home), I can test it on my laptop (32-bit), but atm with a non-working 64-bit PC a proper test will be a pita.

Can't resize pics without my PC (need photoshop!) so you'll just have to go on words (and perhaps a YouTube video) 'till my main machine is working.

EDIT - At least i would if i didn't have a 3,000 word essay by Friday.
Quote from kamkorPL :What about a vid like this I made a while ago about g25: www.saikod.com/G25autox.wmv

not a bad test to show some real world performance but i wouldnt put it before anything that attempts to show the wheels raw abilities in a synthetic and somewhat objective way
Quote from niels1 :Did you get the drivers installed ??. It keeps giving me a interupted installation after downloading the latest drivers. And the driver on the stick automatically conects to fanatec.

yeah kinda but clutch doesnt work good, i gotta wait for vist64 bit drivers
Quote from ArrAssAdor :this feature will be added in a later version of the driver. You will be able to show almost any info we can get out from the game. And the vibration motors can also be controlled by the game.

Thomas (Fanatec)

Thomas, any chance that you post pictures showing the insides of the wheel and pedals set? Some other wheels look good but are built in such a cheap way that things start to break or go wrong after six months. Some close-ups of key components would help us make an opinion.

Flip
Just took some promo shots of the box, but alas with no SD card reader on the laptop you'll have to wait.

All i can say is that A. Box is smaller than a G25's Box, and B. That this is a "proper box". The G25 box could be for a set of speakers or something (if it had different graphics). The box of this Fanatech wheel FEELS like it's £170.

EDIT - Good news - PC is working, seems my "uber 1337" Ballistix memory just died for the second funking time. Not happy. Time to replace them with a cheaper (These sticks are £35 a stick - i can get a 2 GB KIT for that now!) 4 GB set. Quite odd seeing as they weren't even overclocked (running at "EPP" speed/timings).

bad news - PC = 64-bit. Will TRY to get it working, but doubt it will.
perfect person to test Jakg as many people have different operating systems from vista to 32 bit/64 bit... Hope it works for you! Look forward to your critique!
Quote from Jakg :
bad news - PC = 64-bit. Will TRY to get it working, but doubt it will.

worked for me just clutch bugs in lfs tell me if you got it to work
Quote from baSh0r :worked for me just clutch bugs in lfs tell me if you got it to work

Nope, i get this when installing it - any help?

Time to use my one and only legal XP key
Attached images
Untitled-1.jpg
Quote from Jakg :Nope, i get this when installing it - any help?

I opened your pic and clicked "Ok"
Hej Kamkor, have you got the wheel yet?
Quote from mr_pio :Hej Kamkor, have you got the wheel yet?

No, they are probably delivering them to Poland with special delivery car

Jakg, feels like a toy? Isn't it bigger than G25?
Quote from kamkorPL :No, they are probably delivering them to Poland with special delivery car

Jakg, feels like a toy? Isn't it bigger than G25?

Bigger isn't always better. Looking at this wheel makes it look like a toy for me, yeah its realistic and a good replica of the actual thing but the plastics its made from and the general look of it, make it look like a toy. The G25 isn't imitating anything, the clean metal look actually looks like your in a race car.
Quote from kamkorPL :No, they are probably delivering them to Poland with special delivery car

Good thing the wheels are vibration-resistant
For those not in the know, that's Polish army equipment on that photo (OMG, is that grand treason I'm committing?).
Quote from mcintyrej :Bigger isn't always better. Looking at this wheel makes it look like a toy for me, yeah its realistic and a good replica of the actual thing but the plastics its made from and the general look of it, make it look like a toy. The G25 isn't imitating anything, the clean metal look actually looks like your in a race car.

No offence, but get one and THEN post.

I say it feels like a toy because while it might be a (bit) bigger than a G25, it's MUCH thicker and feels "chunkier". Like it's an oversized toy.

Drivers still wont install properly though
Quote from baSh0r :worked for me just clutch bugs in lfs tell me if you got it to work

You have the wheel already?! I'm sure no one here wants to hear more comments about it...
Quote from Jakg :Nope, i get this when installing it - any help?

just plugin the usb connector, then it should get connected like in 5 seconds.there was just windows itself installing drivers in 5 seconds then it worked. i tried it with downloaded drivers and failed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG