The online racing simulator
Quote from niels1 : A bit short on the lenght on the cable between wheel and pedals.

Aren't the pedals wireless?
I understand its a choice cable/wireless
Quote from [RF]-art555 :Aren't the pedals wireless?

Yup you can choose, wheter cable or wireless. But i wanted to see what its capable off. So hooked it up rather quickly and did some laps.

-edit- its wireless, the cable gives power from the wheel. But it still is wireles towards your PC.
Quote from niels1 :Yup you can choose, wheter cable or wireless. But i wanted to see what its capable off. So hooked it up rather quickly and did some laps.

I blame you for killing my F5 key.

Hurry up!
Quote from Dajmin :Damn you! I'm still totally wheel-less!
I'm actually thinking about dropping them a cheeky email to tell them I have no wheel and therefor I'm the perfect market for them to win over

Failing that, if anyone gets sick of theirs then I'll take it off your hands

Been meaning to ask, but i guess you didn't go for that Momo then ?. Not to worry, apparently DFP's are coming down in price.

Hurry up Niels, we're all eager to hear a full review
can u guys config the display on the wheel to be a shift up/redline indicator? or other information?
Quote from niels1 :Yup you can choose, wheter cable or wireless. But i wanted to see what its capable off. So hooked it up rather quickly and did some laps.

Oh, thats good
Quote from Gabkicks :can u guys config the display on the wheel to be a shift up/redline indicator? or other information?

i guess not that means im pretty sure not

i got my wheel today btw
Did you get the drivers installed ??. It keeps giving me a interupted installation after downloading the latest drivers. And the driver on the stick automatically conects to fanatec.
Quote from Gabkicks :can u guys config the display on the wheel to be a shift up/redline indicator? or other information?

this feature will be added in a later version of the driver. You will be able to show almost any info we can get out from the game. And the vibration motors can also be controlled by the game.

Thomas (Fanatec)
I wonder if JakG got his today? Can't wait to see some good reviews.
I think Niels's wife already asked him if has had plastic surgery today to install a permanent smile!
Quote from mikemav :(and wish BMW Sauber would license an F1-style sim wheel instead

Actually a modified G25 with authentic looking BMW F1 wheel was used in some of the Intel Racing Tour events, some point of the video you can see it:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=v7HJ14Vt2nQ

I'd guess it's modified by Logitech. But this one will probably never hit the stores...
Quote from mcintyrej :I wonder if JakG got his today? Can't wait to see some good reviews.

I got an email saying mine has been dispatched, but i've had nothing.

With no 32-bit OS, and no working PC it'll b a while before i get it working though!
Less sleeping, more testing.
Quote from Jakg :With no 32-bit OS, and no working PC it'll b a while before i get it working though!

Great choice for a beta tester then
Quote from deggis :Actually a modified G25 with authentic looking BMW F1 wheel was used in some of the Intel Racing Tour events, some point of the video you can see it:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=v7HJ14Vt2nQ

I'd guess it's modified by Logitech. But this one will probably never hit the stores...

OMG! From 6:12 to 6:21 in that video, it's so clear that's just a different (kick ass) wheel on existing technology. Build it! Man, that would rock.
Quote from mikemav :OMG! From 6:12 to 6:21 in that video, it's so clear that's just a different (kick ass) wheel on existing technology. Build it! Man, that would rock.

Pitty it would cost about $40,000 to buy a F1 steering wheel.
Oke after the first night mine thoughts. I have trouble getting the drivers to work and currently with T. Jackermeijer (ceo fanatec) to get them to work. The driver for some reason will interrupt during installation and doesnt finish th actual driver install. However some of the software is installed and I had a go at it.

It gives a clean layout where you setup the wheel. From 0-900 in steps of 1 degree. Also prefix degree settings on wheel throughout the LED display for a quick change possible. The FFB blew my mind. Its so unbelievable strong. I couldnt hold the wheel properly when tested the max settings. The vibration motors are a nice extra bonus to the FFB. When you press the accelarator the wheel starts to vibrate. It gives a extra feeling of driving the car.

Buttons on the wheel are more then enough. It feels solid no button that could be weared out in a year. But then again time will tell. Overall look. Wheel is covered with a high quality leather and is nicely stitched. The wheel itself is 300 mm and is big. Its just like sitting behind your steer of your car. The place where normally is your airbag looks on the picture very plastic. However its not !!!!!!. Its soft to touch, not shiny at all. Feels like a dashboard of newer cars. Soft and very touchable.

The noise of the wheel when turning is a bit weird. You expect to hear some noise but I never heard a quiter wheel as this. All due to the band wich gives the FFB off course. Which to me is a big plus. I have my setup in the living room and the misses hates my other wheel bcus of the noise while turning.

Pedals are looking a bit plastic however nothing like what you have seen on pictures. All pedals comes with prearranged pressure. The clutch feels very real due to the pressure. The break is like a real break and you must be getting used to it. My other wheel doesnt have the resistant in it and was just prssed down. This gives it way more feeling but needs to be getting used to. The accelator is also like a normal road car with a nice build in resistance.

I early said in this thread the pedals are useable with wire and without. Well its a kinda true. The connection to your PC is wireless. The connection wire between the wheel and pedals is just for power. I had no latency or lag issue so far. Even on a filled server i didnt experienced any lag. I was a bit affraid of that with a full starting grid with a FPS drop at start. But it didnt loose any connection what so ever.

Despite the driver issue I must admite to be pleasantly suprised. I really think it can give the G25 some good competion. I dont have a G25 so sadly I cant compare it with it.
So brake pedal is measured by pressure put on it not by the distance the pedal travels?
Also what do you think of the shifter?
Not sure yet to be honest. But it does give that real pressure a normal break pedal will give in a car.

Havent tested the shifter yet bcus the driver didnt install properly. What I did noticed a good resistance in using the H shifter and it gives good solid impression to me when falling into gear. Nothing linke the G25 where I have seen you can move it 1 finger without any resistance. You defitnly need your whole hand to shift it through the gears.
Just out of interest Niels, it sounds as though you're mighty impressed with it, but what wheel do you currently have. i.e what are you comparing this 911 wheel too ? (might give us some sort of idea of how good this thing might be)
Sounds quite nice so far, I'd love to hear an unbiased view of a G25 owner (or at least someone who tested it) to see how it compares to the G25
Well as usual youre always impressed with new stuff but to answer your question I have had several wheel.

- Thrustmaster Ferrai force feedback
- Logitech MOMO force feedback
- Logitech Force EX

But I wished I could compare it to a G25.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG