The online racing simulator
what about this "h-shifter connected with metal to wheel" thingy. It doesnt look too stable
Quote from Luke.S :My rant on youtube

Your just some silly porsche fanboy the g25 if i had a car i would put my g25 wheel on my car 911's are rubbish infact look at the thread. http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=37907
The G25 is the best mass produced wheel for that price. Try it on a game called Live for speed for pc the G25 will be the best. Wireless is not the best cause it may get disrupted at least my wired G25 will not get affected by other things. That porsche wheel looks like plastic and even flimseyer than a box

You silly G25 fanboy person. You haven't even tried the Fanatec wheel and there hasn't been a proper review of it yet. Besides you are the only one in this thread to rave about how much better the G25 is all without personal experience so it didn't make much sense to link back here to prove your point of G25s superioirity.
The video review was a bit biased but the wheel itself looked a lot better than I had anticipated. And the part with the pedals versus lag bit was imho informative enough to tell that there indeed seemed to be small bit of lag...so maybe the wireless pedals idea wasn't that good...

Few other things I'd like to know is the noise level differencies, FF quality and those pedals. The gas pedal looked a it flimsy to me.

And to add, did you read the guy's description of the video? It says quite clearly there: "Advantages of the 911 wheel over G25" .
I like how heput the wireless thingy to be the main point. for me, that's the most prominent feature that would put me off, because I hate wireless input devices. Depending on what type of connection it is (wlan, bluetooth or IR) you'll have a little to lots of lag, AND you are dependent of batteries, so you have to pay to keep it running. Now I know that one single battery isn't a fortune, but still, I pay almost othing to operate my g25
I think some people are just a bit worried that they've spent quite a sum of money on a (great) unique product in the market in terms of price/performance, and now there's a competitor entering the market which has some improvements to offer, but also seemingly a couple of flaws (which are attacked heavily in turn). Is it just cognitive dissonance and is everyone suddenly trying to justify their purchase of the G25? I really don't see a reason for people to attack a wheel they haven't touched yet.

Perhaps I shouldn't get involved anyway, since I'm a happy cheapskate with a DF :P
Quote from Jertje :I think some people are just a bit worried that they've spent quite a sum of money on a (great) unique product in the market in terms of price/performance, and now there's a competitor entering the market which has some improvements to offer, but also seemingly a couple of flaws (which are attacked heavily in turn). Is it just cognitive dissonance and is everyone suddenly trying to justify their purchase of the G25? I really don't see a reason for people to attack a wheel they haven't touched yet.

Perhaps I shouldn't get involved anyway, since I'm a happy cheapskate with a DF :P

+1 although i own a G25 wheel some competition would be nice!
#58 - DeKo
Please dont start with the myth that the wireless will lag again, its completely unproven since none of you have actually used the wheel, and it just doesnt lag anyway.
#59 - Jakg
Quote from ColeusRattus :I like how heput the wireless thingy to be the main point. for me, that's the most prominent feature that would put me off, because I hate wireless input devices. Depending on what type of connection it is (wlan, bluetooth or IR) you'll have a little to lots of lag, AND you are dependent of batteries, so you have to pay to keep it running. Now I know that one single battery isn't a fortune, but still, I pay almost othing to operate my g25

Firstly they claim that its the same wireless as used by XBOX 360 controllers and has 1.5ms Lag, secondly i see an AC adaptor plug on the wheel...

TBH i'm not going to watch a review many of you have claimed as bollocks. I'll wait until mine turns up and try (and probably fail) at making a better one.
Quote from ColeusRattus :I like how heput the wireless thingy to be the main point. for me, that's the most prominent feature that would put me off, because I hate wireless input devices. Depending on what type of connection it is (wlan, bluetooth or IR) you'll have a little to lots of lag, AND you are dependent of batteries, so you have to pay to keep it running. Now I know that one single battery isn't a fortune, but still, I pay almost othing to operate my g25

i have to agree but if were honest the pedal cable of the g25 is complete rubbish and about 1 metre too short
i can easily route the cable of my dfp around my desk and it never gets in the way ... with the g25 the cable was too short for this and i had to route it between the shifter and the wheel so i could feel it all the time when i used the gas pedal

as much as i dislike wireless devices in comparison to the g25 its actually superior

@jack as long as you do the niels test correctly i dont care about how rubbish the rest of your review is and will refer to it as the most accurate review anyone has done
Quote from Jakg :
TBH i'm not going to watch a review many of you have claimed as bollocks. I'll wait until mine turns up and try (and probably fail) at making a better one.

The review says that the pedals use batteries...

and I didn't say the wheel is bad, it's just that I don't like wireless input devices personally.
Quote from Shotglass :care to name a few?
the only ones i can think of are ecci and vpp both of which have a number of flaws
and maybe the force dynamics wheel which could be sold seperately in theory

With or without FF? BRD are developing a FF wheel, as are Frex. There are loads of companies offering straight forward wheels and with the correct budget making (or commissioning) a homemade wheel is very simple, the computer chip to do the job is freely purchasable (in fact there's a FF one now as well).

Quote from Jakg :Beta Testers keep it until 15th of February.

Frankly i think that it's still too early to make a comparison.

Yeah assuming we'll have about 2 weeks with them when they arrive it's not very long, still with abuse I could easily wear out a DFP and probably G25 in that time period so I'll see if there's any noticeable wear after 2 weeks.

Quote from Luke.S :
Your just some silly porsche fanboy the g25 if i had a car i would put my g25 wheel on my car 911's are rubbish

Your a silly idiot. You can't know what the wheel is like until you or at least someone else gives an unbiased comparison of the two. That's the point in this test. Most people here have a good wheel already and are unlikely to be intending to buy this wheel which is only a good thing as far as reviews and testing goes.
Quote from ajp71 :With or without FF? BRD are developing a FF wheel, as are Frex. There are loads of companies offering straight forward wheels and with the correct budget making (or commissioning) a homemade wheel is very simple, the computer chip to do the job is freely purchasable (in fact there's a FF one now as well).

with
the frex one seems to come along nicely but its still at least a few months from being released and the brd one ... well lets just say choosing kunos to do the software side is a perfect fit
other than that im not aware of any premium ffb wheels
Come on jakg, havent you tried it already enough for a little sneak preview?
#65 - Jakg
Quote from pine-fin :Come on jakg, havent you tried it already enough for a little sneak preview?

It hasn't turned up yet, actually.

I still need to install a 32-bit OS to get it working, though
Yeah i know i am a bit biased in favor of the G25 but honestly that fantec wheel looks like a plastic toy doesn't it honestly? The G25 is a proven seller. Stainless steal you can't go wrong. I don't know what the Fantec wheel is like so my opinion may change about it but i doubt i'll get one i just spent £200 on a G25. Thats why i'm biased probebly.

And from Jakg's post it may not work on 64-bit Vista cause he needs to install a 32-bit os.<<Thats the fanetec wheel.
Haha, if you almost *feinted* when you got the newsletter, what happens if it gets lost in the mail
I watched that review just now, and when the wheels were self calibrating (full lock to lock) it really looked like G25 vs DFP....which is not a plus towards the Porsche wheel...lets wait and see
Quote from squidhead :I watched that review just now, and when the wheels were self calibrating (full lock to lock) it really looked like G25 vs DFP....which is not a plus towards the Porsche wheel...lets wait and see

Come on. Like G25 vs DFP? DFP is uber slow and fanatec wheel turning speed looked very similar to G25.

I'm suprised how negative people are towards new Fanatec wheel saying how bad it is without even trying it. There is only one test avaible too. And hell, what if Fanatec wheel turns out to be actually really better than G25? Personally, I hope it does. What would be the point of having a new expensive wheel on the market if it's not better? I don't care if best wheel is by Logitech(I'm not counting here Frex, BRD etc.) or any other company. I only care about the product.

I'm looking forward to reading/watching more reviews, and actually testing the wheel myself. Let's wait with giving opinions about product till the right moment, aye?
Quote from kamkorPL :Come on. Like G25 vs DFP? DFP is uber slow and fanatec wheel turning speed looked very similar to G25.

I'm suprised how negative people are towards new Fanatec wheel saying how bad it is without even trying it. There is only one test avaible too. And hell, what if Fanatec wheel turns out to be actually really better than G25? Personally, I hope it does. What would be the point of having a new expensive wheel on the market if it's not better? I don't care if best wheel is by Logitech(I'm not counting here Frex, BRD etc.) or any other company. I only care about the product.

I'm looking forward to reading/watching more reviews, and actually testing the wheel myself. Let's wait with giving opinions about product till the right moment, aye?

When I posted my opinion I think I was a bit biased towards the Logitech, since i use one. Most people (i'm guilty) want the Fanatec wheel to be worse than the G25, because that means if they bought a G25 ages ago then its still the wheel to have. One thing this Fanatec will stop though is people bragging about their G25, if it turns out better.

I'm still skeptical, though.
Well if any beta testers want to recommend that I join the programme and can get me a wheel to try, or they get bored and want rid of it, I'll be happy to take it off their hands
I'm not having any luck replacing my old wheel on eBay
#72 - BURN
Quote from Jakg :... I'll wait until mine turns up and try (and probably fail) at making a better one.

just test it..

@ Kamkor

no one said its crap.. it just looks like a toy.

if it get tested and prooving to be good... fine. having more than 1 wheel to coose is always good for the market

I used to have a fanatec wheel myself and it was a crap IMO. period

kind regards
hm kamkor do you have a g25? you seem like the one tester who will put the wheel through the most stress and it would be nice to know how well it does compared to the g25s and their noise
Shotglass: Yes I do, since a fair amount of time already.
very good
jacks video and your view on drifting with it should paint a clear picture of just how fast this wheel really is

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG