The online racing simulator
The self centerin issue is resolved for me. I used the Vista 32 betadrivers for XP and it works. I have some fun nights on rFactor. I have changed the FFB to negative and it doesnt keep self centering. The belt drive is quite and when FFB set to high it just rips outta you hand.

However setting the FFb so high will start the vens inside. And there loud . Even with headset on I could here the noise of the vens. I will take the cover off and see if there is anything in the ball bearing. Maybe I give it drop of some oil specially made for vans. Man that noise isnt normal. It would drive me insane.

Also started testing the H shifter. When testing it outside of a game it feels a bit raw. Like you need a lot of pressure getting through the gears. However during gameplay the gears shift so nice and right into place. Its just me who must get used to this kinda gameplay. Its a whole new dimension for me using a H shifter during racing. Its awesome, I like it very much. But is really hard to get ride of your old driving style.

The wheel starts coming together here. Still playing with the settings. I wanna see what its capable off. ANd still in test period. ANy news on the testers over the pond to america and canada ?. There is 1 arrived but how many testers are there ??
Yeah, it's really nice shifting inside the game. But as i said a couple of times, just htat 5th gear problem for me. Too bad i can't drive today, my right thumb hurts a bit (hitting a ball with the thumb pointing down at basketball is not a good idea :P)
BTW, great to see the 'devs' in this thread; its not a small task to develop and launch a product like this, so thumbs up!

For us 'true simmers' there is always room for something like an 'advanced' tab in the driver software to set some things; like a trade off for quicker response at the risk of some oscillations..

Logitech has been busy for ages and the price/performance of their G25 unit is really good. Many wheel manufacturers have failed / stopped trying to compete.. Hats off for that.

Edit: Shotglass, so you want them more than me? I'm being dumped?
Got my wheel yesterday, and I've posted my first impressions with plenty of pics here:

http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpo...&postcount=115

I have pics of the internals of the shifters if anyone is interested.

I also have plenty of videos, but need to edit them first before posting. I'll try to get them up tonight.
Quote from niels1 :Maybe I give it drop of some oil specially made for vans.

Now this is why Niels is an ideal tester!!!! Good one mate
Thomas, i have sent you a PM, Can you please check? Thanks

On another note, missed the delivery from the courier yesterday... getting my wheel this afternoon when they come back again... cant wait to put it up against my G25 and see what this wheel is made of
Did anyone get a mail titled: "Your order 237 will be shipped now!" or something like that from Fanatec direct?
Yup, I have got it aswell.
Maybe the mail is a late bloomer since it says "Shipment can take up to one week." Also I haven't seen invoice in box as Fanatec said on wheel confirmation there would be. I hope they give some information about how to return the wheel.
Quote from Niels Heusinkveld :Edit: Shotglass, so you want them more than me? I'm being dumped?

9 german guys trying to compete with the largest input hardware manufacturer vs some guy who blocks the road with yellow licence plates and a caravan
no comptetition there sorry dude
Quote from Primoz :And i guess the USB is 2.0 since it's plugged in at the back of the motherbaord, which is an AB9 QuadGT with an ICH8R chipset (and 965P).

You can see which one it is by using SiSoft Sandra, it's just utility that shows important and non-important stuff about your hardware. "Hi-Speed" means 2.0, "Full-Speed" means 1.1. But I doubt any modern MB would have 1.1 USB in the back of it.
Well this is considered to be an Overclockers dream 965 motherboard (better than the P5B Deluxe, somewhere on par with the DFI 965, it can do 500ish FSB out of the box, it has a 1066 strap option where Asus switches to 1333 at 400 MHz FSB making it slower, etc., etc.) so i really doubt it's 1.1 :P
BTW, i just remembered, does anybody else's brake jump downwards a bit at the end of the travel?

EDIT: and i got the email too. SO i'm not the only one
What's the poll rate via USB for this wheel? DFP is 125 (per sec), G25 is 500. You can tell the difference.
i am having trouble w/ the wheel being slighgtly off center when i have the steeringwheel centered, my car will veer slightly to the right. its driving me crazy lol. I think i've fixed it, then after a while the wheel is slightly offcenter again. how did you guys solve this?
Some more issues:

I'm having trouble getting the pedals to stay in place. I have a smooth floor, and the rubber ends don't seem to be doing anything.

I tried playing with the lap wings today, and what an interesting experience.

I found that the wheel and shifter are in a very comfortable position, but the driving experience is simply awful! Since the wheel is in your lap:
1. the force feedback shakes it all over the place
2. shifting gears moves the wheel around in your lap
3. you can't heel and toe, because when you lift your feet, you move the wheel! :doh:

Also, the following 4 screws decided to just come out of the wheel

ArrAssAdor, any idea where these came from and why they came out?

I'm really trying to like this wheel, but I don't think its liking me back. Maybe because it knows I have a G25? Just kidding.
Attached images
IMG_0735.JPG
Quote from Gabkicks :i am having trouble w/ the wheel being slighgtly off center when i have the steeringwheel centered, my car will veer slightly to the right. its driving me crazy lol. I think i've fixed it, then after a while the wheel is slightly offcenter again. how did you guys solve this?

Fanatec has had this to say today in the no-grip forum:

Quote : I would like to give you an update on the calibration issue.

It seems that some wheels get a centering problem after a while (especially after turning the wheel very fast).

We are still investigating but there are indications that the optical sensors are not mounted correctly and that some signals are lost. So after a while the wheel does not know where the center is. After a reboot of the wheel this problem is solved.

I will let you know if it is possible to fix it.

Thomas

BTW, same here. You just have to stop and unplug/plug in the wheel power to re-center the wheel.
Quote from mr_pio :BTW, same here. You just have to stop and unplug/plug in the wheel power to re-center the wheel.

Excellent, simply pull over to the side of the track, making sure not to disrupt the race of those racing hard behind you, reset your wheel, then carry on. Perfect
Quote from dontsimon :Excellent, simply pull over to the side of the track, making sure not to disrupt the race of those racing hard behind you, reset your wheel, then carry on. Perfect

Its so hard to understand this is a beta test. Why do people have to give sarcasm. Nobody expext to get a wheel wich runs perfectly during a beta test. For that matter every hardware needs some testing and getting ride of flaws or mailfunctions. So mature these kinda answers .

Quote :I am having trouble w/ the wheel being slighgtly off center when i have the steeringwheel centered, my car will veer slightly to the right. its driving me crazy lol. I think i've fixed it, then after a while the wheel is slightly offcenter again. how did you guys solve this?

Same here. But it isnt every time. Cant figure out when its happening or not. Just replug the power seems to help.
thats just too bad. I hope some fix is found, even if it involves me opening the wheel up. When the wheel's working well, it's very nice. i was thinking of using dxtweak2 to change the center of the wheel, but i think that'd just be a temporary fix since the sensors are supposedly not positioned correctly.

the pedals are a little off too. my pc shows the pedal travel for the gas and clutch @100% when there's about 90% of travel still left.

When i plug the power cord into the wheel, i see sparks. lol.
Quote from niels1 :Its so hard to understand this is a beta test.

I wonder why? Maybe because:
- it is not called a beta test
- production items have been delivered to happy full-price buyers, and beta-tests tend to be pre-production
- unlike in a beta, we are supposed to publicise, film and be outspoken about whatever we think of the wheel, rather than report it quietly to the devs

I am not complaining, because it exciting to try the first hi-spec wheel of the very promising company catering to the need of simracing fans, and Fanatec are user-friendly in this (although they never responded to my lengthy review/request I sent them).

But a beta it's not, so if someone feels sarcastic, they are authorised to do so, if I understand the tester instructions correctly.
at the end i think that the whole "inertia" problem is the electric motor, nothing else.

i think that also logitech had tried to use one motor instead of 2 in the first project of the G25, but 2 smaller motors are quicker to change direction then a big one with more torque.

maybe i'm wrong but is my final thought.
Repluggin the power to the wheel doesn't help me much witht he off-centre problem. Claibrating it in the drivers is the only fix, if it works (usually does).
I'm not getting any force feedback in richard burns rally, and the wheel/pc isnt remembering that i have it set to 540degrees steering lock once i am ingame in RBR>
Where did the Fanatec guys go?

My wheel is falling apart here, now I hear some kind of a squealing sound when I turn the wheel, similar to the sound that a car makes when it needs its engine belts replaced.

Anyone?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG