The online racing simulator
Will I be done reading in five minutes?
I'm at school, so sitting down is all I have to do at the moment
The wheel doesnt look bad, gonna read the review now

But i'll stick to my G25
Woohoo, the testing period has been extended till 31. March!!!!!!
Test period extended to 31.3.2008 all testers check your mail folder and you'll see
hehe, thats pretty sweet since i have a break soon
Nice review niels.

It makes me wonder though that if you think that Fanatec has created a G25 competitor after it fixes all the issues, at a $100 dollar premium over the G25, shouldn't it be crushing the competition, not just competing?

One minor nit pick, you mention that the wheel's engine cover is metallic, its actually plastic.
When compared to the DFP, i feel like the 911 wheel doesn't give me as much information about what the front wheels are doing
. and in rfactor, the wheel doesnt try very hard to catch slides on its own... is there something wrong with the way i have the wheel set up, or rfactor?
Quote from Skills :Nice review niels.

It makes me wonder though that if you think that Fanatec has created a G25 competitor after it fixes all the issues, at a $100 dollar premium over the G25, shouldn't it be crushing the competition, not just competing?

One minor nit pick, you mention that the wheel's engine cover is metallic, its actually plastic.

Pretty sure he meant it was metallic in nature... as in shiny plastic. :P

And i'm sure you realize that this isn't the final version of the wheel.
Quote from teedot :And i'm sure you realize that this isn't the final version of the wheel.

Says who? US Customers have bought their wheels and had them delivered - iirc they got the same shipment as us Beta Testers.
Thats on there own website Jakg.

@skilss, Youre right indeed i meant a nice mettalic silver painted plastic cover. It isnt in the review. Sorry will fix that.
i have to use a trick to get everything working in nfs-carbon:
i set up allthe buttons and shifter and then the pedals and steering wheel. the gas pedal and steering show up as being on the same axis.... so i minimise the game, and set the wheel to combined axis. Then, i fullscreen the game and it allows me to set the steering to a different axis. I minimise and uncheck combined axis, then fullscreen the game and re-assign the gas and brake pedals. then i have no problems, except for the game being a bit rubbish.
it's actually harder to drive in NFS:carbon than it is in LFS
Quote from Jakg :Says who?

I remember reading it on the site too somewhere and Fanatec has also made numerous references to adding/improving features that "us" (beta-testers) suggest. Whoever ordered their wheels already will obviously miss out on the improvements/features if they decide to implement them.
Of course not. No customer and no tester will be left alone and unhappy.
Many of those changes are bugfixes which happened on the first trial run series only. These are the wheels we shipped to the testers. If there are any issues on wheels which are bought, they will be solved by either replacing the entire wheel or the defective components.
Some upgrades will only be available optional anyway and can be purchased though our website

Thomas
I think i would never give 300 euros for a wheel, though it looks good, and probably feels and works good. I stick to my DFP
#466 - STF
Quote from Tisza :I think i would never give 300 euros for a wheel, though it looks good, and probably feels and works good. I stick to my DFP

which looked good, and probably felt and worked good.. too (and probably still is, and will continue to be.. untill you test a G25 :P)
but then again, you only think.

for the moment, the development should be slow and steady, making sure at least all important issues are fixed, if not ALL, and focusing on the client wishes and sensorial potential.
it`s looking promising, and maybe, a g25 competitor.. but for that price tag, it will have to be flawless in order to be preferred over logitech.
so would you guys recommend this wheel over the g25?

is the extra 40 bucks worth it?
Or you can buy a G25, and S2 with the extra $40!
Quote from atlantian :so would you guys recommend this wheel over the g25?

is the extra 40 bucks worth it?

To early to tell depends on how much the pedals is improved with the new heavier base, longer brake travel, stiffer spring etc or what more is developed on them.. And if all issues is fixed of course Risk is much of this will be sold as addons so a bit more then 40$... But then the G25 had a much higher retail price then what they where actually sold for...

I doubt the pedals will reach the quality of the G25 though.
Wheel is for sure better already but there is some fixes needed for sure... Wireless too I don´t trust it at hundred percent if you are into serious league racing.

But well personally for me I have a hard time racing with the G25 wheel and an equal hard time racing with the Fanatec pedals so don´t know what to say...

What I plan to do is keep my G25 and then buy the ev stand alone high end Fanatec wheel or the Frex

Otherwise since the pedals is what matters in racing simulations if you want to be really competitive and don´t plan on 3rd party pedals, and can live with sloppy feel. (which you may not even notice if you don´t drive the 911 the G25 will do you good with a bit lower price tag.
Can't get FFB to work and the wheel is off-centre - i'm using the latest drivers, can anyone recommend anything?
Does it not bug anyone that you're driving an XYZmobile and sitting behind a Porch badge? However good that wheel is, and I see the jury is still out, that would stop me buying it.
Oh Jakg. Send it back?
Quote from Doorman :Does it not bug anyone that you're driving an XYZmobile and sitting behind a Porch badge? However good that wheel is, and I see the jury is still out, that would stop me buying it.
Oh Jakg. Send it back?

He's a beta tester
Quote from Jakg :Can't get FFB to work and the wheel is off-centre - i'm using the latest drivers, can anyone recommend anything?

What is your OS jakg ?. Off centre can be resolved by cleaning black coding wheel. Chekc pic. You have to take the cover off.

Attached images
Optical sensor.jpg
Is there any instructions on how to do this available somewhere? What did you use to clean it with WD 40? Isopropylalcohole?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG