The online racing simulator
Drift/Track oriented car
(343 posts, closed, started )

Poll : Should LFS get a drift car?

No
Yes
I dont think, dat lfs need one more car for drifting...
FZ5, XRT, LX are perfect cars for drift
Quote from tristancliffe :It's a car with the stickers on the wrong way round on one side

Man, u are ridiculous.
Quote from JoeVega :Man, u are ridiculous.

Better stop, he is winning a poll to award the most intimidating forum member atm.
Quote from zeugnimod :Better stop, he is winning a poll to award the most intimidating forum member atm.

So what? I insulted him? No.
But obviously I touched a nerve with you. But it's true - drift cars have stickers on the wrong way round for no real reason other than the driver being able to admire himself skidding about in the reflections of glass fronted buildings.
Quote from squidhead :I thought it had 7
XRT
FZ5
LX6
LX4
RAC
XRG
RB4

And the FXO for "Arab Drifters"
Quote from tristancliffe :But obviously I touched a nerve with you. But it's true - drift cars have stickers on the wrong way round for no real reason other than the driver being able to admire himself skidding about in the reflections of glass fronted buildings.

Well, but why do u think only drift cars have wrong stickers? It's only skinners. They can do skin with right arrangement, or just to reduse their time, they can copy one side and paste to another.
And do you think lfs is for stickers? I thought it's for race/drift. Skins is just pleasant addition, isn't it?
Quote from tristancliffe :But obviously I touched a nerve with you. But it's true - drift cars have stickers on the wrong way round for no real reason other than the driver being able to admire himself skidding about in the reflections of glass fronted buildings.

you mean to say you've never tried that?? you're missing out!!!

Quote from JoeVega :Well, but why do u think only drift cars have wrong stickers? It's only skinners. They can do skin with right arrangement, or just to reduse their time, they can copy one side and paste to another. And do you think lfs is for stickers? I thought it's for race/drift. Skins is just pleasant addition, isn't it?

erm... its not only skinners in lfs but its also a style for d1 cars as well which skinners from lfs emulate.. anyways you gotta chill out dude, not everything people say is an attack, most of them are just sarcastic comments lol
Quote from subhumanspunk :
anyways you gotta chill out dude, not everything people say is an attack, most of them are just sarcastic comments lol

Dont tell me what to do and I wont tell you, who u are

I'm sorry if I sometimes angry in my words, but there's too much people on this forum, who don't like drifing in lfs. I donno why. It's like a paranoia - "I dont like drift and that's it"
Quote from JoeVega :Dont tell me what to do and I wont tell you, who u are

I'm sorry if I sometimes angry in my words, but there's too much people on this forum, who don't like drifing in lfs. I donno why. It's like a paranoia - "I dont like drift and that's it"

lol... we just have to deal with closed minded people :P all i can say is i drive however i want, whether i race or drift its for the sake of driving lol...
I have not mentioned any preference or otherwise for drifting, I'm just stating a single fact about drift car liveries. In reality and, therefore, in LFS. Nothing more, nothing less.
Quote from tristancliffe :I have not mentioned any preference or otherwise for drifting, I'm just stating a single fact about drift car liveries. In reality and, therefore, in LFS. Nothing more, nothing less.

what you stated was fact about the car liveries :P but it was a funny response after with the looking at yourself in the mirror bit xD and sorry if it seemed what i responded to joe was directed at you but i was mainly talking about others who hate drifting just for the sake of hating drifting
Okay, I might have elaborated a little bit on the reason for the silly stickers. But that's it. I didn't do anything more. Apart from some sarcasm. But THAT's it. No more. Oh, and some irony...
Quote from tristancliffe :Okay, I might have elaborated a little bit on the reason for the silly stickers. But that's it. I didn't do anything more. Apart from some sarcasm. But THAT's it. No more. Oh, and some irony...

joe is a bit edgy, forgive him he did say sorry time for everyone to kiss and make up
Language difficulties sometimes prevent normal conversation... One more time sorry, if i'm too rough.
#40 - Woz
XRT
FZ5
LX6
LX4
RAC
XRG
RB4

If that were the case why do we get a constant flow of "improvement" requests asking to get bigger lock, different tyres... it goes on and on and on. I have even seen requests to allow road tyres on GTR cars FFS lol

If they got a car with 45+ lock that was covered in bulky plastic bits, tyres with 2mm sidewalls and big wings that didnt do anything it might shut them up.

The BIG bonus is we can set up server to disable that car and hence keep race server free of people trying to drift while a race is on.
Quote from Woz :If that were the case why do we get a constant flow of "improvement" requests asking to get bigger lock, different tyres... it goes on and on and on.

I dont know really
Bad drivers maybe?

I mean look at what you can do to the car in LFS, it's nowhere near stock, you can adjust EVERYTHING in it... how is that not a driftcar if you want it to be?

Quote from Woz :
If they got a car with 45+ lock that was covered in bulky plastic bits, tyres with 2mm sidewalls and big wings that didnt do anything it might shut them up.

I must disagree with you on that one...
imagine a hungry lion that hasn't eaten in a long time, and you give him a little piece of meat because he looks really hungry, it will only make it hunger for more...
IF a drift car with a HUGE wing and a massive bodykit will be released it WILL provoke the drifters to ask for more (like "give us hachiroku, give us s13, give us skyline, give us a bigger wing on the car" and so on...)

(make no mistake, i'd love a drift car in LFS, fast and able to drift with crazy angles, but I know that I don't NEED one, because I can drift other great cars that already are in the game)
Quote from squidhead :I dont know really
Bad drivers maybe?

I mean look at what you can do to the car in LFS, it's nowhere near stock, you can adjust EVERYTHING in it... how is that not a driftcar if you want it to be?

agreed
#43 - wark

Toyota Levin / Trueno - was (is) a basic rear wheel drive POS with a solid axle and trailing links. Whoopee. Years and years ago my friend had a 1983 Oldsmobile cutlass with the same rear axle setup and we used to "drift" with it for kicks. That was 1991. So, the RWD Corolla was not made for drifting, it was Toyota's offering of a cheap sports coupe for those who could not afford a Celica or Supra.

The Nissan Silvia. Did you know that it was considered a "date" car in Japan? Meaning it was specifically made for women, not drifting. Now it seems to be the only choice.

Mazda RX-7. Made to be a corner carver, not a drifter.

Must I go on?
Having a car just for drifting would be pointless, just today I was drifting with the XRG, the damn thing isn't even that powerfull. But if you lower it, and put road normals on the back, it becomes one hell of a drift car. Although it does seem kind of slow, even for a 2L. It's still driftable.
Quote from jayhawk :

Toyota Levin / Trueno - was (is) a basic rear wheel drive POS with a solid axle and trailing links. Whoopee.

The Nissan Silvia. Did you know that it was considered a "date" car in Japan? Meaning it was specifically made for women, not drifting.

Mazda RX-7. Made to be a corner carver, not a drifter.

Must I go on?

would you say that all theese cars would not drift given the freedom of setup like we have in LFS?
any car with RWD can drift in LFS, that's what setups are for...

about the trueno - SO TRUE...I just don't get all the craze about a small underpowered light car with wide enough tires
Quote from squidhead :I mean look at what you can do to the car in LFS, it's nowhere near stock, you can adjust EVERYTHING in it... how is that not a driftcar if you want it to be?

:up: Leaving aside LFS's race cars, even the "road" cars are adjustable to a higher degree than most real-world road-legal trackday cars. Basically, if you can't drift an LFS car, you (a) can't set it up properly and should find out how or (b) can't actually drift all that well (and should sodding well find out how). I don't drift myself but I know a good drifter when I see one. There are plenty of videos out there featuring LFS players drifting like D1GP champions.
its called RWD. or better yet XR GT TURBO!
XRT
FZ5
LX6
LX4
RAC
XRG
RB4

I dont really consider the RB4 a "drift car" because of the 4WD layout even though it can be "drifted" (Sorry Gordon).And about the XRG,I forgot all about that car.Its fun to drift but I always forget that car!
What makes a "drift car"....

Just get a awesome "drift car" skin and learn how to setup your car.. You can improve suspension, add a LSD, change camber.. What else do you need?

If you could throw some WIDE Sport tires on the XRR to drift. Thats as far as I would go for a "drift car" on LFS, otherwise learn how to setup your car and make a skin with "cool" AEM stickers all over it.

I think we could benefit from different compound sport tires.. There are plenty of really sticky road tires, or down to sport tires guaranteed for 30k miles
This thread is closed

Drift/Track oriented car
(343 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG