The online racing simulator
Drift/Track oriented car
(343 posts, closed, started )

Poll : Should LFS get a drift car?

No
Yes
Quote from BlueFlame :If it's a HUGE difference, why do you say you are basically asking for a car we already have, rather than a WHOLE new car?... The thread Title is about a Drift specific car, yet you are taking the lead in the threads argument saying that ISN'T what you want, and what you want is just a tweaked XRT. This poll is a joke. And stop saying I can't look past the word 'drift' I can easily to it myself, it's just a joke of a sport and competition, it's just a fun way to drive a car, it's like driving a car on 2 wheels, you think there is a sport for that? NO. It's a joke.

and racers who are drifters are all those pro drifters you see out there. most of the legends out there are super gt racers
Quote from atlantian :and racers who are drifters are all those pro drifters you see out there. most of the legends out there are super gt racers

but JGTC drivers never really get out of the JP circle..
Quote from atlantian :yes, as i said, there are people that have SPONSORS behind them and have nice cars( i just had no idea that they would have nitrous... TURBOS ALL THE WAY!). And drifting is not about the car, it's about the driver. you can beat a pro in a miata can beat a rookie in a super racer at drifting. and you can tune the suspension in the garage, and as i said, it would be a waste of the dev's time if they actually where to take opinion from this thread and build a drift spec car, which whould be the XRT or the GT with engine boost and a new suspension setup, a little more max lock and that would be it. you can do the engine boosting with LFSTweak

Well. I am afraid that stock car on a fast circuit will not beat proffesionally made drift car that has 450-600hp and is going on semi-slicks like Toyo R888. There's just no way if both drivers are great. Even on slower tracks. Proffesional drift car can put much more angle, can go MUCH faster(Believe me speed IS important in drifting, especially in tsuiso), can go much more stable, much more dynamic. About N20, many cars in D1gp in Japan use this or some other sort of thing to get more power on for example lower revs. Nissans ofcourse still have turbos. Also in D1GP top drivers don't have just 1 car, they have 2-3 the same versions of one car. Really big money must be going into drifting in Japan.

And ofcourse good luck drifting a course like Autopolis in stock bmw or miata.

The last thing you said starting from "the XRT or the GT with engine.." - If you have read the thread you would understand that people already mentioned that this would be good too. Improved version of GTT(XRT). Lighter, with more power, more setup options(like max lock) etc.
so in short, people what a more powerful car, that's it, if you want a "drift car" tune the suspension... people can do touge all day long in weak cars... because there is not much room for the cars to go that fast. like my town has a road that twists and winds around the island. there are no straights longer then 50 yards.

ok, you don't NEED a fast car to drift. a stock corolla or miata engine is enough! and drift showoffs are typically in very windy low speed sections. not high speed sections or drag strips. and i believe that most cars go sideways fast enough
so racer's doesn't need cars faster than uf1 - you can race in uf1, so?
can anyone close this thread?
racers need fast cars, drifters need skills (which on lfs servers, few do).

lines are for fast cars, corners are for fast drivers
Atlantian did you even read the past 3 pages of this thread?

Who says racers need fast cars?
Ever heard of lawn mower racing? That is slow, and they're happy people.

Lines are for art and mathematics, corners are for objects.
Quote from atlantian :racers need fast cars, drifters need skills (which on lfs servers, few do).

Double U Tee Eff?
-
(atlantian) DELETED by XCNuse
Quote from atlantian :racers need fast cars, drifters need skills (which on lfs servers, few do).

This rates high on the official lerts' scale on plain nuttiness.

Simply put: Darifto is f0r da l337 h4x0r, racing is for n00b. every1 0ne matafaka in da haus kan reis!!11oneone

?

Yeah, right. I bet every racing professionals are n00bs compared to initial D fans.
um... racing pros drive corners, how am i saying that pro racers suck?

however... around here in the NW near washington state, we have drag racing as the most popular type of streetracing, i think those kids are noobs and suck massive monkey balls

and hey, leave Initial d out of this, it was a great cartoon!
Quote from atlantian :so in short, people what a more powerful car, that's it, if you want a "drift car" tune the suspension... people can do touge all day long in weak cars... because there is not much room for the cars to go that fast. like my town has a road that twists and winds around the island. there are no straights longer then 50 yards.

ok, you don't NEED a fast car to drift. a stock corolla or miata engine is enough! and drift showoffs are typically in very windy low speed sections. not high speed sections or drag strips. and i believe that most cars go sideways fast enough

We do not have touge in lfs that has mostly slow corners. LFS has lots of high speed tracks with high speed corners. Kyoto and Aston are good examples. Events in D1GP japan are Held as well on fast circuits like Fuji Speedway, Autopolis or Suzuka. In D1GP Usa the first section of track is very high speed too. In D1GP all star match you could see how important the power was on the bank exit.

Moreover, in IDC in europe the tracks that are used are F1 circuits such as Hockenheim or Nuerburgring. Those are not Touge with low speed corners and no straights.

Top drift events are often held on HIGH SPEED tracks, not VERY WINDY LOW SPEED SECTIONS.

You don't seem to understand a point of this thread either. People build fast race cars to race faster. People build drift cars to drift faster, longer, more dynamic and with higher angle.

This thread isn't about - "is it possible to drift with current lfs FR cars or not". It's about getting most of it/more of it.

Maybe you have watched too much Initial D.

edit:

Also: Check this out: http://pl.youtube.com/watch?v=I-pkTmOpjtQ - Stock miata would sure do as good as those cars. And the crash in vid sure shows how low the speeds are..
-
(kamkorPL) DELETED by kamkorPL
Quote from kamkorPL :
Moreover, in IDC in europe the tracks that are used are F1 circuits such as Hockenheim or Nuerburgring. Those are not Touge with low speed corners and no straights.

Look at a Map of Hockenheim and Nurburgring, they both have a very slow hairpin... Don't know what you are talking about here
PS: That drift-crash video was AWESOME
I mean that it's mostly a fast circuit(Both hockenheim and nuerburgring). It has slower corners too, like every track. But it has fast sections, and competitions are held on faster sections. So in other words. It is not touge that has many low speed hairpins and very short straights.

Usually drift events are like - High speed corner to midspeed/lowspeed.

As they start fast, and end slower.
I'm surprised no one posted 'Huh that shows how drifters sucks big time!' or other kind of comment follwing this video...

I think we lost our time. Eighter send money or sexy underwear to Scawen otherwise we're not going to get it guys, be real... We will need much more presence in LFS if we want it.
#342 - Woz
XCU: Time to lock this one down now. Everything that needs to be said has been. Just back to bitching around the same point again.

Hold on. Might be worth waiting for one more "If you can't drift the cars already in LFS..." post.

No... Just close it
Alrighty, gotten OP request, closing thread.

All's been said that's being said.
This thread is closed

Drift/Track oriented car
(343 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG