The online racing simulator
Drift/Track oriented car
(343 posts, closed, started )

Poll : Should LFS get a drift car?

No
Yes
i said no because it would be a big waste of the developer's times to just do little tweeks... while you can get a tuning trainer to tweek the engine and the weight distibution... and there is suspension tuning in the garage... so why should there be a "drift car"??? it's very pointless.

and to you people who are preduds against drifting, what's Your problem?!?!?! it's like figure skating, we all KNOW it's not racing, it's a car control show off! you guys are immature if you are calling drifters ricers, but this guy is really pushing it on a 0-t001 scale
Quote :Cos they DO exist...

nope, drift cars in lfs are just stock cars, not like GTR's and formulas for racing.
serious race cars = GTR's, formulas
serious drift cars = ...
no, don't think you understand, you can play around with the suspension and "wield" the lsd(IE: 100% locking) to make it easier to supply powers to rear wheels since you are slipping. most drift cars ARE stock cars, there are certain cars that need the lock extension and modifyed steering rack because their turning circle is just crap... but i think that max lock values should be adjustable in the garage anyways. the really good ones are supplied with better safety equipment, forced induction(use lfstweak) and have the ability to modify ff's and awd's to fr's that's it.

Drift cars are all stock cars and are required to be street legal to compete.

Drifting is a very low budget autosport invented by INDIVIDUALS. there is nothing sophistocated about drifting... you can get turbos from LFSTweak and suspension tuning in the garage. Drift cars are just stock cars plastered with crappy Krylon paint and held together with zipties, you can skin for that. you don't need to be lazy and have the devs provide you with a special suspension setup. MOVE YOUR MOUSE!
Quote from BlueFlame :What do you say about the people that would just vote "yes" regardless of the type of car being added to the game? Cos they DO exist...

I do not see why someone would do that to be honest, it's only a poll, it's not like the devs them selves are asking if we want a drift car.
Anyway its not like they have to design a whole new car, all they have to do is make a few simple adjustments to the xrt, then give it a different name so it won't be used for racing, that should keep everyone happy.
#305 - Woz
Quote from Smurfen :I totally disagree. your saying dark chocolate is better then ice cream! You got to be out of your mind.... Where you from???? America??? ( no offence) ass.

:bowdown:

See I knew that someone quote me and try and twist my words.

Congratulations, your are the winner of MOST STUPID AWARD. You qualified before the "Where are you from question" so that just makes you look even more stupid.

Please show me EXACTLY WHERE in my post is says that one is better than the other. Come on, perhapse my grasp of the English language is even lower than yours, I doubt it though because EVERYONE else managed to understand my words.

I said that drift is becoming more popular and that it is NOT a fad. You are one of those skiers that in the early days showed me hatred on the mountains.

BTW: If you read you will realise that Drift is not something I am really into, I like racing. I can just see how the whole thing has grown and continues to grow. You are one of the skiers thought the snowboard would die, how wrong they were .

You realise that sometimes in life things become popular EVEN if we as individuals DO NOT LIKE THEM. This is life, this is what makes life interesting.

I can see you have not mentally grown enough to understand that yet, perhapse it will come to you later in life.

BTW: Where did you get American from. Can't be from my flag, even the most stupid of people know where that flag is from so what is your excuse. Even my flag would misslead you and I am from UK.

You really really need to grow up a little I think

Waiting for a personal attack now as I feel that is all that is left open to you ROTF
Quote from atlantian :Drift cars are all stock cars and are required to be street legal to compete.

O Really? I so wish it was just stock cars - I could easily compete then by just buying stock bmw and welding a diff, but it is absolutelly NOT. They are not stock and do not have to be street legal to compete(Depends on series, for example they have to be Street Legal in D1SL, but that's an exception).

Maybe they are stock in your local area, but this is not how it is in events. In events such as D1GP, IDC(in europe), Formula D, EDB(in UK, it was D1GB once) and in national events there are a lot heavily modified cars. With engines taking it to the limits(Nissans for example break a lot). Many cars in Japan also use n20(not with a button). There is Yoshiokas ae86 with that. Suspension are heavily modified and getting the biggest max lock is one of the priorities. There's really a lot in making a proffesional drift car. 200hp to 400-600 = stock? Yeah sure.

If you do not know what you are talking about, please just don't. XRT has over 200hp, but it's heavy. If it was light like AE86 it would be sweet, but it is not. Fz5 has power, but it has shitty layout - RR. And it's not about being able to drift those cars or not, those cars simply SUCK for drifting. XRT could be a good base for making a drift car in real life, as well as in LFS.

I think maybe Scawen would be convinced to make a car well-suited for drifting if someone in UK offered him to drift such a car on a track.
no we dont need a drift car.XRT is good for drifting but it could be modifed to look like a drift car(maybe not bodykit but spoiler...)

i think 2 drift tracks could be cool. A drift show on car park(little drift course made on it) but there would be night and much of audience cheering for drifters. And a GP track witch is modifed to long drift track
Quote from Woz :See I knew that someone quote me and try and twist my words.

Congratulations, your are the winner of MOST STUPID AWARD. You qualified before the "Where are you from question" so that just makes you look even more stupid.

Please show me EXACTLY WHERE in my post is says that one is better than the other. Come on, perhapse my grasp of the English language is even lower than yours, I doubt it though because EVERYONE else managed to understand my words.

I said that drift is becoming more popular and that it is NOT a fad. You are one of those skiers that in the early days showed me hatred on the mountains.

BTW: If you read you will realise that Drift is not something I am really into, I like racing. I can just see how the whole thing has grown and continues to grow. You are one of the skiers thought the snowboard would die, how wrong they were .

You realise that sometimes in life things become popular EVEN if we as individuals DO NOT LIKE THEM. This is life, this is what makes life interesting.

I can see you have not mentally grown enough to understand that yet, perhapse it will come to you later in life.

BTW: Where did you get American from. Can't be from my flag, even the most stupid of people know where that flag is from so what is your excuse. Even my flag would misslead you and I am from UK.

You really really need to grow up a little I think

Waiting for a personal attack now as I feel that is all that is left open to you ROTF

Tryed to be funny, did obviously not work Your post is better then eny other posts here!:crown: I totally agree with everything you said.
Quote from batteryy :no we dont need a drift car.XRT is good for drifting but it could be modifed to look like a drift car(maybe not bodykit but spoiler...)

No. It doesn't need a spoiler or bodykit. It needs less weight, more suspension adjustments and more power. Besides, I think you don't have XRT right now.
Quote from kamkorPL :No. It doesn't need a spoiler or bodykit. It needs less weight, more suspension adjustments and more power. Besides, I think you don't have XRT right now.

i have i didnt auto-update from patch X so i downloaded it from website and installed LFS Y in other folder so i have patch X and Y
Quote from batteryy :i have i didnt auto-update from patch X so i downloaded it from website and installed LFS Y in other folder so i have patch X and Y

well then youre stuck with the ye olde version if you want to drift...
Quote from squidhead :well then youre stuck with the ye olde version if you want to drift...

only to the day i get licence
Quote from ponczak :nope, drift cars in lfs are just stock cars, not like GTR's and formulas for racing.
serious race cars = GTR's, formulas
serious drift cars = ...

Read my post again, I did not say Drift cars Existed in the game it seems like you thought I did.(even though, that IS what I actually think)
Quote from eight6er :I do not see why someone would do that to be honest, it's only a poll, it's not like the devs them selves are asking if we want a drift car.
Anyway its not like they have to design a whole new car, all they have to do is make a few simple adjustments to the xrt, then give it a different name so it won't be used for racing, that should keep everyone happy.

You can't see the reason that probably demo racers (who are mostly drifters anyway as racing is few and far between on the demo, at least good racing, in the older patches with the XRT ) are just gonna vote yes because it suits THEM, they don't even own the game! There are more Race servers on LFS than drift servers, so when you are saying the poll doesn't lie, obviously it does, if it was 50/50 in reality for LFS, there would be just as many drift servers as Race servers... but that's just it, there isn't. cos the reality is its 70%against drifting 30% for it. The number of servers don't lie, it may even be less than that!
Quote from kamkorPL :O Really? I so wish it was just stock cars - I could easily compete then by just buying stock bmw and welding a diff, but it is absolutelly NOT. They are not stock and do not have to be street legal to compete(Depends on series, for example they have to be Street Legal in D1SL, but that's an exception).

actually... you can compete with a stock bmw and make it big time if you are really good, just need to stiffen the suspension to counter the rolling. i think Ken Gushi and Alex Pfeiffer qualifies as rookies with stock cars... but, you don't need hp to win, you can drift with stock cars. Alex once took on a viper in an ancient corolla and nearly won...
Quote :Alex Pfeiffer. Alex Pfeiffer almost took out Sam Hubinette in the first round of qualifying by making going not once but twice in tandem formation. Alex not only kept speed with the the Viper but took every opportunity to pass or nudge Sam out of the corners. Hubinette even got out of his car and excitingly told Alex how much he was pushing his car. I don't think anyone went away with a voice after this great battle. Many wished they would have met in latter rounds. This duo was too close to call, but the judges gave Sam the victory by the narrowest of margins. It is easily said that AF was definitely a crowd favorite.

yes, as i said, there are people that have SPONSORS behind them and have nice cars( i just had no idea that they would have nitrous... TURBOS ALL THE WAY!). And drifting is not about the car, it's about the driver. you can beat a pro in a miata can beat a rookie in a super racer at drifting. and you can tune the suspension in the garage, and as i said, it would be a waste of the dev's time if they actually where to take opinion from this thread and build a drift spec car, which whould be the XRT or the GT with engine boost and a new suspension setup, a little more max lock and that would be it. you can do the engine boosting with LFSTweak
I went onto a drift server last night to check it out. I didnt drift, just watched to see what all the hype was about. All I found was a bunch of guys talking about Britney Spears sister being pregnant, Jessica Biels nipple and how stoned they were. The few guys on the track were just pissing about, no real drifting goin on what so ever. They spent more time in the grass then on the track. 15 people listed on the server and 99% of them using it as a chat room.

NO to drift cars and NO to any type of drifting track. Waste of bloody time and effort.
^those peoples are tools but yes no to a drift car, there are plenty of FR's in the garage
Quote from BlueFlame :Read my post again, I did not say Drift cars Existed in the game it seems like you thought I did.(even though, that IS what I actually think)

You can't see the reason that probably demo racers (who are mostly drifters anyway as racing is few and far between on the demo, at least good racing, in the older patches with the XRT ) are just gonna vote yes because it suits THEM, they don't even own the game! There are more Race servers on LFS than drift servers, so when you are saying the poll doesn't lie, obviously it does, if it was 50/50 in reality for LFS, there would be just as many drift servers as Race servers... but that's just it, there isn't. cos the reality is its 70%against drifting 30% for it. The number of servers don't lie, it may even be less than that!

I really don't think you understood this thread at all mate.
The poll doesn't lie for the simple fact that it's not asking for a "drift" car but a TRACK car with very good drift setup abilities. There really is a HUGE difference.
I'm not a drifter by any means and neither are woz, xnuse, etc (that I know of at least) yet we all want a TRACK car. The fact that it would benefit 2 LFS communities is what makes this idea so splendid.

If we really are going by what area LFS is really popular in, why don't we just get mini-vans so cruisers have something to chill out in while they park and chat for hours on end. After all, cruise servers get the boggest crowds of them all.

I do have a feeling I just wasted time replying to this as there is those types of people that really don't care about understanding a point and thinking outside of the bloody preset box. I don't care if you dislike something but do it for the right reasons.....not because you can't look past a word.
Ah well...
hmmmmm..
There is no stock cars in lfs ....so... -.-
Quote from Motordirex :I went onto a drift server last night to check it out. I didnt drift, just watched to see what all the hype was about. All I found was a bunch of guys talking about Britney Spears sister being pregnant, Jessica Biels nipple and how stoned they were. The few guys on the track were just pissing about, no real drifting goin on what so ever. They spent more time in the grass then on the track. 15 people listed on the server and 99% of them using it as a chat room.

NO to drift cars and NO to any type of drifting track. Waste of bloody time and effort.

Sure you didn't join a cruise server....?
that has to have been a cruise server... sure, alot of talk is going on but thats because you dont have to get to the finish line first
Quote from gohfeld23 :I really don't think you understood this thread at all mate.
The poll doesn't lie for the simple fact that it's not asking for a "drift" car but a TRACK car with very good drift setup abilities. There really is a HUGE difference.
I'm not a drifter by any means and neither are woz, xnuse, etc (that I know of at least) yet we all want a TRACK car. The fact that it would benefit 2 LFS communities is what makes this idea so splendid.

If it's a HUGE difference, why do you say you are basically asking for a car we already have, rather than a WHOLE new car?... The thread Title is about a Drift specific car, yet you are taking the lead in the threads argument saying that ISN'T what you want, and what you want is just a tweaked XRT. This poll is a joke. And stop saying I can't look past the word 'drift' I can easily to it myself, it's just a joke of a sport and competition, it's just a fun way to drive a car, it's like driving a car on 2 wheels, you think there is a sport for that? NO. It's a joke.
Quote from BlueFlame :If it's a HUGE difference, why do you say you are basically asking for a car we already have, rather than a WHOLE new car?... The thread Title is about a Drift specific car, yet you are taking the lead in the threads argument saying that ISN'T what you want, and what you want is just a tweaked XRT. This poll is a joke. And stop saying I can't look past the word 'drift' I can easily to it myself, it's just a joke of a sport and competition, it's just a fun way to drive a car, it's like driving a car on 2 wheels, you think there is a sport for that? NO. It's a joke.

yes, this is a joke, but stunt driving is apparently becomming a sport, believe it or not.
It's a fact, but the thing is some aspects of this stunt driving can be used in racing, such as someone mentioned earlier where you would be able to control your car althought you "lost control" of it.
Steering lock is pretty sharp anyway... to have more than what is there now would be.... strange for the game?
so? you use a controller or a wheel or some sort of analog device to steer, who is it going to hurt if we make the steering sharper? the keyboard racers? PfffffT!
Quote from BlueFlame :Read my post again, I did not say Drift cars Existed in the game it seems like you thought I did.(even though, that IS what I actually think)

So you're saying if you do racing, you must be against drifting? There are plenty of racers who do drifting and vice versa. The number of car and track possiblities for racing far exceeds the amount for drifting, so your point about the servers is invalid. People who like drifting don't do it to offend you they do it because they enjoy it.
This thread is closed

Drift/Track oriented car
(343 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG