The online racing simulator
Drift/Track oriented car
(343 posts, closed, started )

Poll : Should LFS get a drift car?

No
Yes
I don't even know what LFS cars are doing with an interior anyway. Since they are basically used on track, I think they all deserve to get a strip out and take the shit out of them. Ain't that right?
Quote from Riders Motion :Since they are basically used on track, I think they all deserve to get a strip out and take the shit out of them. Ain't that right?

As I said few times, exactly.

No one is using those cars to shop. If In real life I was going to use a car on a race track, modify it's suspension, tires, diffs, and lots more, first thing I would do is get rid of the interior and generally all the weighty parts I don't need. Cheap modification, yet very effective.
why dont just someone lock this pointless thread?as the vote showed we dont need a drift car so i cant see the point of existing of this thread
Quote from [UKR] Race King :why dont just someone lock this pointless thread?as the vote showed we dont need a drift car so i cant see the point of existing of this thread

don't lock it, the devs havent given us a reply
Quote from [UKR] Race King :why dont just someone lock this pointless thread?as the vote showed we dont need a drift car so i cant see the point of existing of this thread

The difference between the "yes" and "no" votes is only 36 so I don't think the vote clearly showed that.
We can drift road cars + GTR's already, so we clearly do not need a "drift car". I drift quite often as well, so it tells you how pointless this idea/thread is.
There's difference beetwen "just drifting" and drifting. Just like there is a difference beetwen "just racing" and racing.
#183 - Woz
Quote from gremwood :We can drift road cars + GTR's already, so we clearly do not need a "drift car". I drift quite often as well, so it tells you how pointless this idea/thread is.

You don't really appear to understand show drifting and why they would want 45+ lock etc. Show drift is all about how out of shape while holding it you can get.

BTW. This is coming from a racer!

Yes we can drift all the current cars and I have been known to from time to time BUT they do not allow the big rotations the drift community wants.

The thing is the current cars that have just been balanced for the first time in years after going through months of testing etc. There is friction against changing the cars for obvious reasons so this is the logical move with huge benefits all round.

If the thread were pointless then one of the mods would not have activly beeen involved trying to keep the balance on a "hot topic". He would have closed the thread but instead understands the merit so helped.

Hope that helps BTW
Yes, they should get a car with amount of steering lock.. and maybe model it off the XRG, and make a insane amount of turbo lag.
I'm all for it, if it reduces the amount of bitching on the forums.
I agree lets jus give em sumtin to stop bit*h** about!! haha

The problem is that 134 drifters ( maby some of them are racers ) says yes we need a car for drifting, and 166 racers ( some of them are of course drifters too ) says that the drifters don´t need a car... This vote don´t say what we really need it only says that there are more racers than drifters in this game... of course the racers don´t need a car with more steering lock... I guess the numbers had been different if this thread only had been answered by drifters...
I know this is a racing sim but as we all know there are alot of people who drift in this sim too, why don´t let them have something just for them instead of whining that it´s a racing sim only when it is obvious that it´s a great sim for drifting too?
It's all very well to raise the point that racers outnumber drifters in the LFS community and say that because of that, polls/voting about drift-related features might not be all that fair, but LFS has always been developed and marketed as a sim for racing fans - which is exactly the reason racers outnumber drifters in the first place! It may sound obvious and even redundant to say that, but the simple fact is that Scavier marketed this game to a specific audience and, for the most part, they got exactly what they were after: people who want a realistic racing experience. The drifting seen in LFS thus far has really just been a (probably unintended) by-product of the excellent physics on offer. I think that the dear old XRT being a demo car for so long contributed to that in a huge way too, with its 1980s Japanese coupe good looks.

Regardless, LFS isn't developed by popular vote and there are only three people who decide what stays in the game, what gets added and what gets left out or removed (they do add things suggested by members but not many and not often). All the forum polls in the world won't change that. Asking the community with endless polls is pointless anyway - with racers outnumbering drifters as they do here, racers will always have superior numbers as well as a passion to keep what they view as unessential to racing out of the game. I can only speculate as to the developers' intentions but, based on the direction LFS has been going since 2003, it seems they're of the same mindset - replacing the XRT, the drift stalwart, with the new FBM seems like a strong indication of that.
OMG hits it on the head love the post and agree with it...DO i agree that we shound not have drift car no,..well he didnt say no drift car but he implied it...We need one i still need to say that!!
Just throw in a new modell of the XRT and name it driftmazda and everyones happy -.-

I don`t see the need for a drift car, all, or many of the road cars in LFS are perfect to drift with, why do you need any more?
because you haven't read the seven pages of responses saying exactly why we should have one. Come on, take the time to do the reading.
No I am not going to read the other pages, it`s the same all over.
We have plenty of good cars to drift with with the right setup. If you can`t manage to drift with those your not worthy asking for a drift car.
Quote from The Very End :No I am not going to read the other pages, it`s the same all over.
We have plenty of good cars to drift with with the right setup. If you can`t manage to drift with those your not worthy asking for a drift car.

A drift car differs from current cars when it comes to looks, power, tires and steering lock. Ability of who can drift what has nothing to do with this, and you should know it with that post count.

Admitting that you haven't read the thread in a stupid and useless post is even more stupid.
Quote from frokki :A drift car differs from current cars when it comes to looks, power, tires and steering lock. Ability of who can drift what has nothing to do with this, and you should know it with that post count.

Admitting that you haven't read the thread in a stupid and useless post is even more stupid.

I readed some of the page, from page 4 and so on, but the rest - don`t botter.
And why should I need to read the topic, how many topics aren`t about the same damned thing?
It`s all been said before. People can`t even drift with the cars in game. They talking about horsepowers, wright balance and other stuff, well fine, maybe you got a point there. But if you can`t drift the cars in game, theres no chance in hell that you`ll manage to drift a propper drift car.
And why do we call it a drift car? As someone mention it, it`s about driftcapable cars.

-1 for this whole thing, this whole topic, and -1 to anyone that asks for a drift car again. There are lot of drift capable cars in game, if you can`t drift them - train more and get a setup, if you still don`t like it - learn to drive instead.

Edit : And why are you even speaking? You haven`t been online since 22 feb, am I right? A lot of things has changed since that, you should go and play some.
Quote from The Very End :I readed some of the page, from page 4 and so on, but the rest - don`t botter.
And why should I need to read the topic, how many topics aren`t about the same damned thing?
It`s all been said before. People can`t even drift with the cars in game. They talking about horsepowers, wright balance and other stuff, well fine, maybe you got a point there. But if you can`t drift the cars in game, theres no chance in hell that you`ll manage to drift a propper drift car.
And why do we call it a drift car? As someone mention it, it`s about driftcapable cars.

-1 for this whole thing, this whole topic, and -1 to anyone that asks for a drift car again. There are lot of drift capable cars in game, if you can`t drift them - train more and get a setup, if you still don`t like it - learn to drive instead.

Edit : And why are you even speaking? You haven`t been online since 22 feb, am I right? A lot of things has changed since that, you should go and play some.

+1
Very few people have actually said that they can't drift the cars in the game, you're being very ignorant. Many people just want to do it better, same thing as having a faster race car, we want a better, more specialized drift/track car.
Quote from flymike91 :Very few people have actually said that they can't drift the cars in the game, you're being very ignorant. Many people just want to do it better, same thing as having a faster race car, we want a better, more specialized drift/track car.

yes but no one ever asked for a race car as i know because its a sim game and it obviously that it has include racing cars not drifting cars
You can't simulate drifting? Something got lost in translation..Also there are about 64 pages of race cars people have requested here :http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=1917 so lets not say that racers have never asked for anything.
Quote from flymike91 :You can't simulate drifting? Something got lost in translation..Also there are about 64 pages of race cars people have requested here :http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=1917 so lets not say that racers have never asked for anything.

yeah as i can see you dont know how read i didn't say that you can't simulate drifting i said that lfs it not a drifting simulation and thats why the devs pay more attention to improve racing not drifting
Quote from flymike91 :Very few people have actually said that they can't drift the cars in the game, you're being very ignorant. Many people just want to do it better, same thing as having a faster race car, we want a better, more specialized drift/track car.

I`m not beeing ignorant.
All I say it`s opinions, opinios about drift questions lately. I canot understand really how people can ask for cars, when not one single car that the community has asked for have been implented in-game. Of course, the BMW cars proved that they added real contest into the game, but it was not because someone made a topic about it.
Don`t missunderstand me right, every suggestion needs to be taken serious, or at least a little serious.

My serious oppinion is that I, IMO, don`t see the see use, or need for a drift capable car in the game. There are at least 3-4 cars in game that are perfectly good for that. Sure, you`ll need a setup for it, and a lot of practice, but still, 3-4 cars are allready in-game that are possible to drift with. I fail to see why the developers should use time and effort to try importing cars, like skyline, or other japanese cars, just to please the people that never search the forum, but allways have to scream out about giving me that, and that blabal, and drift cars and drift tracks AH! Am so...tired of it. Why does you drift people allways have to make a new topic when you see that there is like 10 of them on like 5 sides on the improvment suggestion forum?

Don`t get me wrong, you deserve to be able to tell your opinion and ask for what you want, but I think that the drift community in LFS shows time after time that they are not mature enough, and makes themselfe fools by asking questions that have been asked before, probally on the same page of forum aswell. Now, I`ll agree that to a certain degree there has been good answerings from drifting people in this topic, but I`ll rest my case, we have enough contest in LFS that suits both racing, rallycross, drag and drift. It`s a matter how you use the game. The setups is everything, aswell as practice. Hell, even the FOX can be drifted pretty good with training and setup.

I`ll hope this topic can be closed, since it only will produce negative comments eighter way.
This thread is closed

Drift/Track oriented car
(343 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG