The online racing simulator
Drift/Track oriented car
(343 posts, closed, started )

Poll : Should LFS get a drift car?

No
Yes
#276 - Woz
Quote from LFSn00b :- 45 degrees lock for more angel and controling yr drift ) No bloody way, if you cant drift with the lock that is now in LFS, then you just cant.

ROTF, that broken record again.

DID you even read my post. I doubt it otherwise you dummy spitting post would not have read like it did.

Guess you must be VERY VERY slow if you failed to understand because everyone else managed to learn from it.

wow woz, nice posts.
Great post woz, Love it! Fail to the guy that cant read!
Quote from Mako. :you dont need a special car for drifting

Quote from Mikkel Petersen :Exactly.

you dont need a special car for racing, and still there are 3 gtr's and 3 formel cars :doh:

sorry, was to lazy to read the whole thread
nice post woz
Cause the emotional attachment is far better than what you'd ever get from a hand.
Pfft my hand is emotional, and she gives me sex as much as I want without complaining.

Feel free to quote this in your signature.
Quote from Riders Motion :Pfft my hand is emotional, and she gives me sex as much as I want without complaining.

dang
you never had a girl, did you?
:biggrinfl
Quote from IDA-Itsuki :dang
you never had a girl, did you?
:biggrinfl

Well I have to pay for them. I'm already sleeping by the way. And, I'm not the author of this post. Kev haxed my account. Kthxbay
umm hes going to sleep and i gotta go to work
lifes not fair

gud n8
Have a nice day at work, hopefully the last 4 posts will have made your day a better day.
#287 - Woz
Quote from XCNuse :Cause the emotional attachment is far better than what you'd ever get from a hand.

Quote from Riders Motion :Pfft my hand is emotional, and she gives me sex as much as I want without complaining.

Feel free to quote this in your signature.

ROTF
Talk about off topic and a severe case of too much bloody information.
Quote from BlueFlame :Tristan, even only just reading your final post here, I can see that once again, I can, but only agree with you 100%.

Drift car is a stupid idea, There is no difference between a 'drift' car and a race car anyway, both slicks/racing seats/racing suspension/racing engines, the only thing that is different is the setup...... The GTR XRR actually looks alot like something you would see in D1GP, so instead of making a new car and wasting time, why not make the car more driftable, because to me, it's a REAL hard one to keep a slide going, unless someone can prove otherwise, and go against this idea futhermore!

Slicks???

NO, not on a drift car
Slicks and not enough lock. And oh, drift car isn't fun with paddles. I don't actually remember how much it has steering lock, but mostly race cars don't have even half of it what drift cars have. And I don't really think that it looks like a drift car.
With this being the most recent drifting thread, and slightly concerned with the whole 45° argument, I was wondering if anyone here emailed me this via my website? It has 45° in the sender's name (I think, it's not exactly easy to read it). I've found it very funny, and I think it's a shame it was sent anon. Anyway, it's on the website now as an amusing item.

WARNING, THE EMAIL BELOW CONTAINS LESS THEN APPROPRIATE LANGUAGE, WHICH MAY OFFEND. SO READ IT!

6:28am, Tuesday 8th January 2008

This is an enquiry e-mail via http://www.reynard883.com from:
45dEGReeZOH NOESZ!! <go****yourself@google.com>

Subject: RE: Reynard883.com: mikespeed

You do realize that your 10+ years of polishing bearings and line boring dildos as someone elses bitch in a machine shop, really doesn't compare to Mike Peters 4+ years of actual Pro racing experience.

YaY beat ass old reynard FTL. Good luck and eat a bucket of barbed wire.

Edit: Have formulated a nice, polite reply correcting the phantom email sender of his mistakes, and asking for evidence of Mike Peters' experience. I don't think the email address is real though, so I'm not anticipating a reply, but you never know. With a bit of luck the complete prat will post it here, thus identifying himself as the original 'author'.

Edit2: Sadly, the email wouldn't send, as I suspected... Oh well...
#292 - Woz
Quote from tristancliffe :With this being the most recent drifting thread, and slightly concerned with the whole 45° argument, I was wondering if anyone here emailed me this via my website? It has 45° in the subject (I think, it's not exactly easy to read it). I've found it very funny, and I think it's a shame it was sent anon. Anyway, it's on the website now as an amusing item.

WARNING, THE EMAIL BELOW CONTAINS LESS THEN APPROPRIATE LANGUAGE, WHICH MAY OFFEND. SO READ IT!

6:28am, Tuesday 8th January 2008

This is an enquiry e-mail via http://www.reynard883.com from:
<go****yourself@google.com>

Subject: 45dEGReeZOH NOESZ!!

You do realize that your 10+ years of polishing bearings and line boring dildos as someone elses bitch in a machine shop, really doesn't compare to Mike Peters 4+ years of actual Pro racing experience.

YaY beat ass old reynard FTL. Good luck and eat a bucket of barbed wire.

Edit: Perhaps it was mikespeed95 after this thread

Wow, you really managed to piss someone off there Trist

Quote from Woz :Many of the people that rail against the drift car idea I feel do it because they hear the word drift and just react.

(Can't wait to see how people quote small chucks of this to twist my words. When that happens I will make sure they look as stupid as possible because I believe that is no way NOT to understand this )

So true that it hurts

Quote from Woz :

As much as they might not like drifting, it WILL become more and more popular. It will become more mainstream and there is NOTHING they can do to change that. They just have to learn to share toys in the same way that skiers had to learn to share their mountain. In the end everyone gained in that fight.

(Can't wait to see how people quote small chucks of this to twist my words. When that happens I will make sure they look as stupid as possible because I believe that is no way NOT to understand this )

I totally disagree. your saying dark chocolate is better then ice cream! You got to be out of your mind.... Where you from???? America??? ( no offence) ass.

:bowdown:
if you guys are talking about a car that is specifically used for the sport of drifting... there are already plenty of cars for that purpose in LFS, the XRT and the GT for example, they are both rwd and PERFECT for drifting, and there is a suspension mod tool in the garage. if you are talking about the look, why not just slap a skin on your car. complete with sponsor stickers and such. and i think you don't even need a sports car, people love the corolla for it's simplicity; it's lightweight and FR period.

In my opinion, all the XRT needs is a red RED SUNS decal on the back left fender

Quote from [UKR] Race King :you are wrong because drift is a new style of racing and not long time has past since its discovered and it becomes much more popular year after year

drifting [the sport] is not racing style, it's a showoff, i am a big fan of [showoff] drifting, and it(the manuver) could be used to slow down the vehicle if it's going too fast, it could be to setup a better angle for a corner exit, and it could be used to keep your engine rev up while slowing down entering a corner

and yes, drifting is not dying, it's getting to be like drag racing in California. But i think this thread was kinda stupid, a DRIFT SPEC car?!?! and to TURN OFF drift? how would you do that in reality?? wouldn't that make racing EASIER if you can't loose traction?? then it would be the compitition of "who's engine is the best?"... that would suck major balls
I was getting a bit edgy about the post count, but thinking about it, the only reason it is 50/50 is because the people voting yes mostly just want something new, they don't care what it is. The 50% that are voting no, are ACTUALLY voting no.
Quote from BlueFlame :I was getting a bit edgy about the post count, but thinking about it, the only reason it is 50/50 is because the people voting yes mostly just want something new, they don't care what it is. The 50% that are voting no, are ACTUALLY voting no.

I have an impression a lot of people voted no because of the mention of the word "Drift" without either reading the thread or being completly incompetent to see anything after the word "Drift".
Quote from gohfeld23 :I have an impression a lot of people voted no because of the mention of the word "Drift" without either reading the thread or being completly incompetent to see anything after the word "Drift".

But whether these people read through the thread, they are STILL going to say no. A big part of the 'yes' voters are just people that want a new car anyway. So the 'drift car' arguement is just invalid at this time.
Quote from BlueFlame :I was getting a bit edgy about the post count, but thinking about it, the only reason it is 50/50 is because the people voting yes mostly just want something new, they don't care what it is. The 50% that are voting no, are ACTUALLY voting no.

The people who vote no are the people who do not want a drift car in lfs. The people who vote yes are the people that do. The people who don't vote probably couldn't care less if there is or not.
I hope this clears things up.
Quote from eight6er :The people who vote no are the people who do not want a drift car in lfs. The people who vote yes are the people that do. The people who don't vote probably couldn't care less if there is or not.
I hope this clears things up.

What do you say about the people that would just vote "yes" regardless of the type of car being added to the game? Cos they DO exist...
This thread is closed

Drift/Track oriented car
(343 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG