The online racing simulator
Drift/Track oriented car
(343 posts, closed, started )

Poll : Should LFS get a drift car?

No
Yes
Quote from ImportFantasy :I dont really consider the RB4 a "drift car" because of the 4WD layout even though it can be "drifted" (Sorry Gordon).And about the XRG,I forgot all about that car.Its fun to drift but I always forget that car!

Ok there... hanging it there sideways and able to imitate the XRT's line is good enough to be defined as drift car, including my RB4
Quote from jayhawk :

Toyota Levin / Trueno - was (is) a basic rear wheel drive POS with a solid axle and trailing links. Whoopee. Years and years ago my friend had a 1983 Oldsmobile cutlass with the same rear axle setup and we used to "drift" with it for kicks. That was 1991. So, the RWD Corolla was not made for drifting, it was Toyota's offering of a cheap sports coupe for those who could not afford a Celica or Supra.

The Nissan Silvia. Did you know that it was considered a "date" car in Japan? Meaning it was specifically made for women, not drifting. Now it seems to be the only choice.

Mazda RX-7. Made to be a corner carver, not a drifter.

Must I go on?

yes sir. And these 3 cars are now the most popular platform for a motorsport called drifting.
I always drift RB4 and XRG. if and when I drift :P
but we don't need a detcated drift car in LFS.
Quote from -DrftMstr- :Ok there... hanging it there sideways and able to imitate the XRT's line is good enough to be defined as drift car, including my RB4

Not able to intimidate my Fatass5!
I love rb4 drifting! In all seriousness we don't need a drift car or different lock/etc. bullcrap. I like drifting how it is! We drifters should be keeping our heads low, our kind aren't always welcome around here..
I voted yes

That way I can diselect the drift car in filters and only see race servers
It would make everyone happy
Just let it be possible to put normal tyres on the xrr, and give it 40degrees steering
fz5 will be perfect but engine in rear killing everything . +1 for new car only. just car with 400hp no slicks
scawen can make bmw because lfs is going to be bmw simulator
Well, tbh what would LFS have as a drift car .. apart from a light weight RWD car.. imo, use the XRT if you've S2
I personally don't like drift because I find it boring. Another reason for me not liking it is that im rubbish at it

Even if we did have a specially made drift car then people would still moan that its not 'drifty' enough or its all wrong.
Hmm, to all people sayng we already have drift cars in LFS. Yeah it's true all rwd are pretty driftable but...
I like rallycross, i can rallycross in rb4 (and in all other cars too) but rb4 isnt a pure rallycross car (wonder if this rallypack for lfs will remain a legend...). So i can drift in xrt but xrt it's not a monstrous turbolag/fancydecals/uglyrims/sillywinged car for drifting.
So +1 to "drift" car for lfs or give xrr road tires.
And gravel tires too. So i can go rallycross with xrr!

Hope you guys get my point, my english sometimes is really bad
i accidentally voted yes..

i would say no. cant you drift wif FZ5 or XRT?
#63 - Woz
Quote from mtpower5 :Just let it be possible to put normal tyres on the xrr, and give it 40degrees steering

Quote from Rubenz81 :...or give xrr road tires.
And gravel tires too. So i can go rallycross with xrr!

LOL You two along others are the exact reason I started this thread. LEAVE THE RACE CARS AS THEY ARE.

The Xrr is NOT the sort of car that could deal with 40deg lock. If you can't understand WHY this is the cas you need to read up a little about the effects of low susponsion and BIG wheels on steering lock.
That's why i want a proper rallycross car, and that's why i see no harm in giving drifters a "drift" car.
I already know that all gtrs have too few "excursion" (movement? sorry for bad english) of the suspensions and no, as i do it in real life, i dont like ultra low large tires that cant bend to race on gravel. Even with "slick" mod they suck. But it would be easy i think for scawen to implement more movement for the suspension and proper gravel tires.
Or make a rallycross car for us that like it.
So no changes to gtr for "racers".
Did i mention i dont like drifting? But i see no harm in giving them a "drift" car. Or if it's too difficult/long for devs put some "road" tires on xrr. So they are happy. And no harm too for who like to race gtr, i bet you wont race with road tires! As you dont race on gravel with slicks!

Edit: by the way in peugeot 205 shocks are the same for tarmac/gravel as you dont need to rise car like 50cm but only small amount. Hmm, have to say that we have pretty flat rallycross tracks in Italy dont know in rest of the world.

Edit2: Summing up. A proper "drift", rally, even dragster cars wont harm anyone. But as i think devs have quite some more important task before this, some small changes to current cars would make everyone happy. Someone suggested more lock to xrt, some others road tires for gtrs. As i race i dont care about that plus you would make them happy. Hope i was clear now.
I voted yes, as i like drifting sometimes, it would keep the moaning drifters happy, and any new car in LFS is a plus.

so overall, a +1 from me.
do we really need more then 1 car?
What?
a drift car..?

no.
why?
Wth is a Driftcar???

Is it a special car? Does the Rearwheels turn also for better drifting???
The only difference I'd probably see in a "Drift Car" in lfs .. is all the decals and graphics on the car since LFS already has a few RWD cars.. wait, we can put decals and graphics on cars.. it's called a skins folder and an image editing or whatever program :O!

Now.. get the XRT.jpg and paste some decals on it ... woop "Drift Car" !!
I was thinking about that too.

What is a drift car, show me a drift car please.

I assume it's just an adjusted roadcar...
With 99% of the inside ripped out .

I.E the backseats, inside door panels, blaaaah blaaaah
Hmm a drift car...
Is like...
An xrr.
With unuseful road tires.
With a enourmous unuseful wing.
With an enormous turbo that takes ages to spool. (yes more than now)
With srekcits desrever. reversed stickers
With unuseful high steering lock.
That pretty sum up everithing i think
In my mind xrt (and all rwd cars we have now) are drift cars as rb4 is a rally car.
Hmm ... naaah -1 to "Drift car"
Ok in your opinion what would be a drift car , Any RWD car or 4WD car can be a drift car , i represent the drift community , why ? , cause i like to drift its a great way to express feeling , i also represent racing , all your doing by saying " WE NEED A DRIFT CAR " is making you look very ignorant people even use XRG as a drift car , now next time you make another post please use your head before you type , cause all this did was make you look stupid in front of the LFS community and embarass us Drifters , FYI make your own set and use XRT , RB4 , FZ50 , XRR , FXR , FZR , LX6 , LX6 , RAC , XRG and you got yourself a drift car

-Kiyoshiro

fyi 52% said no
47 say yes....
Looks drifty enough for me
Attached images
drift car.JPG
This thread is closed

Drift/Track oriented car
(343 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG