The online racing simulator
Drift/Track oriented car
(343 posts, closed, started )

Poll : Should LFS get a drift car?

No
Yes
Think about it a bit. Fz5 is a RR car(Engine is on the rear), it's weight balance isn't good.

I prefer fz5 simply, because it has more power and is still very driveable. If XRT wasn't so low powered I would be driving it. Or If it at least had some things taken out from inside - so it would be lighter.

edit:

The point is - It's not the power of FZ5 that is a problem, it is its layout. Moreover, I actually wish FZ5 had more power.
true, i don't know of any professional drifters who drive rear-engine cars. except a porsche or two, but they probably have some ballast in the front.
Quote from ImportFantasy :I think this is R.I.D.I.C.U.L.O.U.S!Why would we need a drift car?We already have 5 RWD cars that can be easily drifted with the right setup!I'm yes a drifter myself and i say that we already have enough cars in the sim.I say -1 for a "drift car" and +1 for locking up this thread.

I have to agree, i joined LFS for drifting mostly, but we dont need another drift car. You can drift any RWD Car on there with the right setup, you could drift them all.

Kanzai says no to a drift car.
#154 - Woz
If most of the "drift community" that have responded to this thread say we dont need a drift car why does this forum suffer constant spam asking for things like more lock on cars, different rev limiter settings, road tyres on GTR cars etc etc etc.

The current cars are configured to race and are now balanced in their classes, something that has taken a few years to get to. We don't want them tweaked to ruin racing now we have them right.

I feel the poll should have been.

"Does the drift community want a car that allows drift specific settings?"

1) Yes please
2) No, I will shut up and never ask for drift specific setting in LFS.

stop bitching
drifting is a technique and a form of motorsport and has been for years ,its also a style,and if executed correctly looks excellent,should be moulded into part of the game, obviously a new drift track would be good instead of those cones!,no extra cars are needed just user to experiment with setups diffrent types of drift (shift lock,power over,fein etc can be achieved with minimal config ,and good control
i say yes and stop hating you haters
Quote from Woz :If most of the "drift community" that have responded to this thread say we dont need a drift car why does this forum suffer constant spam asking for things like more lock on cars, different rev limiter settings, road tyres on GTR cars etc etc etc.

You are quite much wrong. Drifters asked for more steering lock. You made a poll about a drift car not the drifters(You also made that drift car suggestion on drift max lock thread). And therfore people started giving opinions what that drift car could be. Drifters were ofcourse included in this group of people, and also some guys(could be racers) that have absolutelly no idea what a drift car is, but still had to put their 5 cents into the discussion.

All I truly want is some other proper fast street car with good balance, good power and good weight - with FR layout. I'm sure racers wouldn't mind such car to race to as well. A car that all of you could build in real life for racing on track days, that isn't really a GTR car(very expensive). It could use street tires and as well semi slicks, or maybe even slicks too.

And I wish that insides were throwed away from current street cars. It's setups are very racey, in street cars that race in lfs that is. If someone in real life made such adjustements to the setup of the car he would have gotten rid off of all the useless stuff from the car as well. Or just make it an option. - > Nothing inside, just 1 bucket seat and optionally rollcage, or "Street interior".
Who needs this more weight after all anyway? LFS is not about making trips around the globe with 5 people in the car.
Chavs!!
This is a RACE SIM not a drift sim, so no i dont think LFS should have a drift car. I for one was glad that they took the XRT out of the demo. Every time I joined a host there were chavs just pissing about doing donuts in the middle of the track and driving 100MPH throug the pit lane....THE RONG WAY.

I feel so much better now that i have said that.
Please keep demo out of it. This doesn't concern demo at all. No one is suggesting anything for demo version.

And if you didn't like it before in demo when GTT was there you should have bought S2 and supported the devs that way.
yes
We should have our own drift-car, with a stronger clutch and the XRT should still have 9500RPM, instead of 7500
Quote from Snake2 :This is a RACE SIM not a drift sim, so no i dont think LFS should have a drift car. I for one was glad that they took the XRT out of the demo. Every time I joined a host there were chavs just pissing about doing donuts in the middle of the track and driving 100MPH throug the pit lane....THE RONG WAY.

I feel so much better now that i have said that.

Demo is nothing PART OF IT!! i see that There is a NEED for a drift car!! Peroid!
I Will buy a license when i see a Drfit Car in game.
:doh:
You guys have this all wrong, it isn't a drift car, it would be a "drift" CAPABLE vehicle, it in ordinary terms will be a track car.. I'm changing the title so it sorts out better.
Quote from XCNuse ::doh:
You guys have this all wrong, it isn't a drift car, it would be a "drift" CAPABLE vehicle

basically any light, powerful RWD car would do
Not true RAC sucks for drifting!!!
The cars we have now are perfectly fine drift cars. If you can't drift them, start practicing.
Quote from greg_slideways :Not true RAC sucks for drifting!!!

there are cars that can be abused by anyone, and there are cars that demand a good driver...The LX6 and the RAC are both from the second group
,,, I can drift them both.. but i can see all other noobs strugaling not reflected by me but what i have seen!
tHE NOOBS IS WHAT WE NEED TO BE CONCERNED WITH!!
I think no and i am a drifter/racer myself in LFS. The XRT/FZ5 is good enough for drifting it have enough horsepower to link corners etc so a no for me
An easier solution to all of this would be to remove the rev limiter on the XRT to patch X levels. I keep changing my mind on this issue, so today I feel LFS could benefit from any new car, especially a good track car.
#172 - Woz
Quote from kamkorPL :You are quite much wrong. Drifters asked for more steering lock. You made a poll about a drift car not the drifters

Please read some of my posts. This thread was created because of the constant stream of requests to CHANGE the cars we have. It was trying to STOP the requests to CHANGE the current cars.

So even after the thread was started and the REASONS for it being started havee been posts a FEW time in this thread people still say.

"No, its OK we dont need a drift car we just want to change all the current cars".

If you look at the post above the post above this one is still asking for changes to the current cars for drifters. All he needs is to just change his gear ratios but no the car is wrong. No it has just changed and driving needs to change around it.

Hope that helps lol
Quote from XCNuse ::doh:
You guys have this all wrong, it isn't a drift car, it would be a "drift" CAPABLE vehicle, it in ordinary terms will be a track car.. I'm changing the title so it sorts out better.

So... just a new car, like all others which are also capable of drifting.
Quote from BlakjeKaas :So... just a new car, like all others which are also capable of drifting.

no, a car which is modified for drifting. Not racing.
Quote from BlakjeKaas :So... just a new car, like all others which are also capable of drifting.

Exactly yes.

But I secretly wish it would be something light, with things ripped off from the inside, with engine that has power and setup options with avaibility of for example more steering lock. I also wish it would have semi-slicks and slicks too besides normal/super tires.

So in other words, a base car that normal people could build for driving on track, but customize its suspension to its own needs -
for racing, drifting, or even drag racing if someone is into it. That would be nice.
This thread is closed

Drift/Track oriented car
(343 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG