The online racing simulator
Drift/Track oriented car
(343 posts, closed, started )

Poll : Should LFS get a drift car?

No
Yes
If you want to look at it as an XRT, these would be the differences: (keep in mind it doesn't have to look like an XRT in any sense, if anything I'd prefer it look totally different since to many cars look alike in LFS as it is)

1: A Rollcage
2: Some modifications one would find in any track car; the sound deadening taken out (no/very simple interior), racing seats, smaller and lighter side mirrors rather than stock bulky ones
3: Airfoils: a front splitter, side spoilers, and a rear wing all of which have adjustable downforce
4: Large turbo or just a plain bigger engine

That's all I can think of simply.
Stupid bodykit, rollcage, huge turbo = demo users wet dream? It would be funny if they did make one, and suddenly we see all these so called 'broke' demo users finding £24 to spend on a license.

You could just use the XRR, many people do, its basically what you just described, except it looks like an XRT.
True, but the XRR is Race spec, it has racing.. everything (or.. well.. supposed to atleast)
Slicks, strong gearbox, strong engine, etc.
This track car on the other hand is supposed to be more or less .. I don't know if yall have it in the UK, but an SCCA rookie type car.
Yep, id like to see one. Simple as that.

And honestly there isn't any need to crap on like a large percentage of you have regarding Drifting.
F**K YES!

WE CAN SHUT UP THE NOOB F$#@heads!!!!!
#131 - Woz
Quote from XCNuse :True, but the XRR is Race spec, it has racing.. everything (or.. well.. supposed to atleast)
Slicks, strong gearbox, strong engine, etc.
This track car on the other hand is supposed to be more or less .. I don't know if yall have it in the UK, but an SCCA rookie type car.

I guess the ideal would fall within the D1GP specs and restrictions. Not sure what bhp, engine, tyre limits they are.

And yep, many cant see that if setup for racing would provide another class of RWD cars.

The real ideal as I see it would be a car that could sit in the XFR, UFR group to provide a RWD car in that group. It would need to also allow road tyres and that huge 45+degree steering lock.

You are right it would need all the visible intercooler in the bumper because that is all part of the look.
100% we need car drift/race 400hp ~ normal tyres supers/normals/hybs/knoblys/ and will be great
;] fz will be nice car, how Im said, but engine in rear killing all power
We need to keep the racers happy, they are very sensitive! No drift car, just higher redlines in tbo cars. And by the way, not all drifters want ridiculous body kits and stuff. If we got a new car, I hope it would be like a highly tuned ae86 trueno or Silvia s15, not nfs style bodykit crap. There are drifters who strive for realism as well.
Quote from flymike91 :...There are drifters who strive for realism as well.

I suppose all the drifters in LFS do that, otherwise they would play nfs or juiced that has easy ( boring ) drifting as a part of the game...
I also agree with flymike91 about the choice of car, we don´t need loads of plasic on the cars, a simple AE86 or a silvia S15 would be really nice.
plus those could both be used for racing as well. Maybe people's definition of drift car is like sam hubinette's viper?
People talking about drift car just being a car with stupid bodykit simply show they know absolutelly NOTHING about drifting. Nothing about building a driftcar, nothing about what makes a good drift car. Pure "Get your shit into the thread, based on what your imagination tells you". It's as If I was giving my opinion about lfs being unrealistic without even driving a real car!

For most drifters the only reason to get a bodykit, or some decals or just enhance visuals of the car is to get attention! And the reason is very simple - to get attention - to be more often in media - therefore most importantly to get sponsors. Getting sponsors in motorsports is common for all types of them - racing, drifting. We don't need to get sponsors in lfs, we don't need bodykit. Current top drift skins are also more than enough "eye-cathers".

So if to make a drift car in lfs.. What should it be ? Just a quick thought:

Modify engine in XRT to top spec, make it 400-600hp(With enough Nm and ability maybe to get less power. Would be cool if there was also AEM to modify the maps), give it bigger steering lock, give it semi slicks as well, get the shit out of the car - all the useless things so it weights less. Give it "plastic" windows so it's light, give it roll cage, give it carbon hood again for less weight. Allow some choice for tyre profiles etc.
For looks i suggest a S2000 i like the car and like what some drifters have done to it looks great with a simple lip kit NO NFS SHI* sorry im 17 BUT STILL HATE NFS SHI*, Just some input!!
There is F1 car, which I don't use, but some like it a lot, so why not to have car some people would surely like lot and maybe other cars would be left alone then.

In future if setup options will be more limited, there could be good chance to introduce such car to reduce whining we would otherwise get
Quote from kamkorPL :People talking about drift car just being a car with stupid bodykit simply show they know absolutelly NOTHING about drifting. Nothing about building a driftcar, nothing about what makes a good drift car. Pure "Get your shit into the thread, based on what your imagination tells you". It's as If I was giving my opinion about lfs being unrealistic without even driving a real car!

For most drifters the only reason to get a bodykit, or some decals or just enhance visuals of the car is to get attention! And the reason is very simple - to get attention - to be more often in media - therefore most importantly to get sponsors. Getting sponsors in motorsports is common for all types of them - racing, drifting. We don't need to get sponsors in lfs, we don't need bodykit. Current top drift skins are also more than enough "eye-cathers".

So if to make a drift car in lfs.. What should it be ? Just a quick thought:

Modify engine in XRT to top spec, make it 400-600hp(With enough Nm and ability maybe to get less power. Would be cool if there was also AEM to modify the maps), give it bigger steering lock, give it semi slicks as well, get the shit out of the car - all the useless things so it weights less. Give it "plastic" windows so it's light, give it roll cage, give it carbon hood again for less weight. Allow some choice for tyre profiles etc.

BF1 is the way to go. 700hp, semi slicks, no shit.
I forget to add one more thing before, which is a very important. The car should have good weight balance as well.
Ok wait...can someone explain to me exactly what a drift car is?

Is there a particular specs for a drift car? (Tristan that means I want you to explain yourself more)
Quote from tristancliffe :It's a car with the stickers on the wrong way round on one side

HAHAHAHAH Men you just ROFL! me
Riders Motion, please save our minds and not post here anymore, you're welcome to join Tristan's and Ian's club.

How is a drift car built yes? Very simple:

Top level drifting car

I think more power, steering lock, racing looks for XRT is enough here :P

And about the bodykits, they are usually widebodykits to accomodate wider wheels to increase track, not look stupid.
I'm not joining Tristan and Ian, I am a drifter! I only say it's stupid to moan for more features to drifters since we are a minority in the community to drift. Kthxbai
Quote from XCNuse :omg you guys get past the word Drift
It's like a cheap boxed wine that leaves you guys with a sour taste in your mouth after drinking it in.

If you want me, I'll change every "drift" in this entire thread to read "track car"
I mean honestly, drift is just what the OP stated, no one in this thread has said it HAS to be used for drifting, we've been saying the exact opposite, that you can use it for whatever you feel like.

@BlakjeKaas, read my other post before to see the differences there would be.
@RidersMotion, you do the same.

I just don't get it.

WHY would you want to have a 'special drift car' which isn't a special drift car.

It's like saying we NEED a new car, but only with less greedy words.

We just got a new car, we'll see what will be the next car.

It's just that this thread makes drifters look a bit stupid-ish (there are lots of threads which make them look more stupid tbh), as if there is need for a special drift car...
#147 - Woz
Quote from lizardfolk :Ok wait...can someone explain to me exactly what a drift car is?

Is there a particular specs for a drift car? (Tristan that means I want you to explain yourself more)

Simple really.

A car that has be reworked from the ground up in a single minded way with drift in mind. The same way the GTR spec cars are single minded race cars.

Big lock, stronger clutch, big turbo and high powered. Setup options that allow people to maintian good drift, adjustable downforce, adjustable rev limiter etc.

You would want an intercooler at the front for most cooling but until engine heat comes in that does not matter too much.

Probably to the specs required in something like D1GP or similar event.

(BTW: This does not mean it can't be used to race. It just means its primary focus is to drift.)

Quote from BlakjeKaas :I just don't get it.

WHY would you want to have a 'special drift car' which isn't a special drift car.

It's just that this thread makes drifters look a bit stupid-ish (there are lots of threads which make them look more stupid tbh), as if there is need for a special drift car...

Like it or not, the drift community in LFS is big. Like it or not we DO get a constant stream of requests for mods to cars to help with drift. Like it or not the drifters are NOT going to leave.

So the choices are...

1) Leave everything as is and put up with the constant requests and moaning.
2) Accept that drifting is a fact of motorsports now and give them a car that matches their higher profile comps.
3) Change the current cars we have to make more drift friendly.

As many see it, the changes to the current cars should NEVER happen. They have been through loads of balancing to make them fair in races and they are race cars so leave them be.

That leaves 1 and 2. Some, myself included feel that 2 is the better option and keeps everyone happy with the smallest impact on the community.
Quote from BlakjeKaas :I just don't get it.

lol, not in one case did I defend it being a drift car, I've been saying the opposite the whole time.
I don't get why we just don't post in a new 'I want a new car'-thread
I have only skim-read parts of this thread.

When I go onto a drift server, I mainly see people drift the XRT (apart from the very good drifters - they use FZ5). Is the FZ5 far from a "drift" car?

I can clearly see that the majority cannot drift the FZ, so why do they want a drift car with more horsepower etc ??
This thread is closed

Drift/Track oriented car
(343 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG