The online racing simulator
Drift/Track oriented car
(343 posts, closed, started )

Poll : Should LFS get a drift car?

No
Yes
So you're saying you don't want an all out track car originated from a road car?

Which is capable of drifting if wanted to?
I`m not sure if I got that, correct me if I`m wrong.
As far as I do understand you, you ask me to list those cars that is suited to drift?

XRT - easy
FZR - rather hard, still it will work
lx4 - lacks some power, maybe, but can go
Lx6 - a demon, hard, furious, but it can be drifted if your easy on the trottle

Thats at at least 4 cars that are suitable to drift.

To the first part of your post, as far as I do understand you, you asking me if I don`t want a powerfull road car?
Of course I want that, but I think that it would be better with a new type of car now, or something completely different, a track, tho we got a new track config in the new patch.

Ahhh edit : Think I did get that post now. You asking if I don`t want a new road car, that new car can also be used / capable to drift with. Sorry my shitty english.
The Very End:

www.bartdrift.pl is a drifter I've persuaded to get a G25 and start playing LFS. He was amazed with its realism, but when I showed him I'm drifting a porshe looking car(FZ5) he was like.. ":dunce:

He likes XRT but still sees it's not a good car. His opinion is that LFS lacks a proper car for drifting.

You have no understanding of drifting as a motorsport, and most likely never took drifting in lfs to a limit, and cannot see the advantage of a new street car that would have more power, good weight balance and more setup options like(more than 36 degrees steering lock. The "hack tool" that allows values change proofs that 45 already helps a lot).

LFS is a race sim? Cool, but I don't think anyone would mind another street car that has a handling of XRT and power of FZ5, or even more power than FZ5.

What you say is: You can just race a 40hp FWD car around the track, so why getting a GTR car since you can race with that 40hp FWD car too.
Just for the record, LFS is NOT a car racing sim.
It's a vehicle physics sim....quite a difference.

The reason why we have racers, drifters, jumpers and even cruisers is that the simulation part of the car/enviroment physics in LFS are amazing.
Like in the realworld, physics don't limit you to what you can do with a vehicle by their nature; eg racing, drifting, tricks, etc

Limiting any of those in LFS would reduce it to the arcade equivalent of NFS; a prescripted BS "GAME".

LFS needs nothing changed for drifters and racers to happily coexist, aside from ONE vehicle with the above mentioned specs.
It needs no physics engine modifications, not change in behavior algorythms, none of it.

I'd velcome a street/track car in LFS for the simple reasons of having more content; a benefit to ALL LFS lovers.

Sadly some people here misunderstand the beauty of LFS thus fight everything that isn't "racing", yet do so in hatchbacks while spending half their time on cruise servers.

I'd love a fast reving, light, balanced and tuned track car in LFS that can be tweaked for drifting too (large lock and power on demand) thats NOT a race car ala GTR.

For all the nonbelievers, try this.
Take a FZ5, add maximum voluntary weight and set to to 100% front, raceS with 98% parallel and see the potential beauty of a well balanced strong non-racing car. If you don't get that, you really dont get LFS, IMO.
Quote from The Very End :Ahhh edit : Think I did get that post now. You asking if I don`t want a new road car, that new car can also be used / capable to drift with. Sorry my shitty english.

No worries, at least I got another person to understand the difference
#206 - Woz
Quote from XCNuse :No worries, at least I got another person to understand the difference

I guess I should have thouight about the original wording more on the first post and title lol

Too many people see a drift car as a car that could never be used for anything else. but if setup right would make a great track car
just like well setup race cars make great drift cars. I don't see why people wouldn't be excited for any new addition to the game.
At some point, LFS should get a "drift" car. Sure, maybe 2-3 so they can have a class.

But for now, as LFS is an online racing sim, it needs a lot of other more pressing things.

After all this time I'm in a little bit of dis-belief there is no RWD mGTR or LMP class.

Anywho, yes at some point is my answer, but my vote is no for now
I don't see any problem if there would be a new car with powers of a FZ5, FR drive, good balance, 45 steeringlock, 17/18inch wheels, little bodykit ( or for the racers that doesn't like bodykit and 18 inch rims. an option to choose standard body or kit and standard rims or 18 inch like the option for uf1 lx4 lx6 with and without roof )

realy don't understand why people don't want a drift orientated car in LFS car simulator. it will bring LFS more users, drifters are happy, racers can use the car for racing so they are also happy. and the argument; it wil bring to much NFS ricers to the game is ******!! LFS is an simulator wich is great for drifting, cruising, banger, racing, drag. when NFS ricers will try this game they will notice that they always will end in the wall with NFS style racing so they will adjust themselves.

and why is drag racing in the game then? i'll bet there are 10 times more drifters then drag racers.

plz racers explain with good reason ( and yes i'm a racer to that drift also )( and sorry about my bad english )
I think I MIGHT have just thought of a solution
we need a new class of cars, like LRF but more powerfull
something like a
M5 lookalike vs Lancer EVO FQ400 Looalike vs a Muscle car...

now, we see 3 different cars which could be balanced for equal racing and 2 of them are capable of drifting...
is it me or would it really make
1) Drifters happy
2) Racers happy
3) Rally Cross racers happy
Well I think the idea that was suggested earlier, having a car that fits in the XFR/UFR catergory would work. I think you would need to have 2 options, Race and Drift, maybe with a server side restriction. Race would enable the slick tyres and also limit some settings to stop unrealistic settings for a race car. Drift would enable more drift like settings, like more steering lock and also disable slicks.

The problem with it is that if the Devs did that then they would accept that drifting is a form of motorsport they want to simulate. Which would mean more requests from the drifters, which is why I am slightly against it. You would get people asking for proper drift tracks, with a system for scoring and custom bodykits and coloured smoke...etc. I would like it just to gain a racing car in the XFR/UFE category that is RWD, but I would be happy if it didn't have the option to be used as a drift car.
Quote from Dawen :The problem is that 134 drifters ( maby some of them are racers ) says yes we need a car for drifting, and 166 racers ( some of them are of course drifters too ) says that the drifters don´t need a car... This vote don´t say what we really need it only says that there are more racers than drifters in this game... of course the racers don´t need a car with more steering lock... I guess the numbers had been different if this thread only had been answered by drifters...
I know this is a racing sim but as we all know there are alot of people who drift in this sim too, why don´t let them have something just for them instead of whining that it´s a racing sim only when it is obvious that it´s a great sim for drifting too?

I'am mostly a drifter, but I'am also a "racer" and I'am in both drift and race team (JDM*F and FRH)! I've voted no, since XRT and FZ5 can already be called drift cars since they drift well!
The real drifting community of LFS (which is not here) of LFS torque even don't create shitty threads like this because we're plain satisfied with the cars we have.
LFS dont need a "drift" car, drift need to be performed by someone who have skills....
Quote from Woz :I guess I should have thouight about the original wording more on the first post and title lol

Too many people see a drift car as a car that could never be used for anything else. but if setup right would make a great track car

ok, but what is the difference between a track car that can be setup for a drift car and a drift car which can be setup for a track car...

It just sounds so useless...

I'm not saying I don't want a track oriented driftcar (or w/e), but I'd rather have a different car...
Quote from waider :I'am mostly a drifter, but I'am also a "racer" and I'am in both drift and race team (JDM*F and FRH)! I've voted no, since XRT and FZ5 can already be called drift cars since they drift well!
The real drifting community of LFS (which is not here) of LFS torque even don't create shitty threads like this because we're plain satisfied with the cars we have.
LFS dont need a "drift" car, drift need to be performed by someone who have skills....

lol... those cars are able to drift but are NOT drift cars... every RWD car are able to "drift" but a car made for drifting are able to DRIFT... if you had ever seen or driven drifting IRL you would know the difference between for example a stock volvo 740 and a S15 silvia... yes the volvo is really fun to ride sideways and are able to drift but it is just not the same thing as a silvia
I never said I need a drift car... I said I want a drift car to make it more fun than it already is...
The talk about skills don´t give anything to this discussion... do you really think that every one that want a new car aren´t able to handle the ones we have?

by the way...
Quote from waider :The real drifting community of LFS (which is not here) of LFS torque even don't create shitty threads like this because we're plain satisfied with the cars we have

You don´t think that the threads are created here because the developers might read the threads here?
I don´t understand why you need to whine about that some people want a new car that are able to drift better, they won´t take away the cars you like to drive to add another car... just don´t drive the new one if there ever would be any... use your powerful drifting skills to drive the great drift car FZ5 instead
Quote from JTbo :But who would not like?

Lol, talk about a "sleeper".

"Honey, I'm gonna go pick up the kids and get that shelf from IKEA....AWAROOOMRRRR..eeeeeee

Something very disturbing about an overpowered Volvo
Quote from gohfeld23 :Lol, talk about a "sleeper".

"Honey, I'm gonna go pick up the kids and get that shelf from IKEA....AWAROOOMRRRR..eeeeeee

Something very disturbing about an overpowered Volvo

Brutal, I presume?

But that would be 4 door car which many has wished, powerful car to be used in drift too and specially not other sims have had such thing ever, also peoples minds would be shocked and they would learn how image in head is not always truth behind things.

Perfect solution, IMO
Quote from Dawen :lol... those cars are able to drift but are NOT drift cars... every RWD car are able to "drift" but a car made for drifting are able to DRIFT... if you had ever seen or driven drifting IRL you would know the difference between for example a stock volvo 740 and a S15 silvia... yes the volvo is really fun to ride sideways and are able to drift but it is just not the same thing as a silvia
I never said I need a drift car... I said I want a drift car to make it more fun than it already is...
The talk about skills don´t give anything to this discussion... do you really think that every one that want a new car aren´t able to handle the ones we have?

by the way...
You don´t think that the threads are created here because the developers might read the threads here?
I don´t understand why you need to whine about that some people want a new car that are able to drift better, they won´t take away the cars you like to drive to add another car... just don´t drive the new one if there ever would be any... use your powerful drifting skills to drive the great drift car FZ5 instead

Are you aware that you'll never get this "drift" car...
Just notice that the cars setup are adjustable just like on a drift car with big camber! The power is not here but the tire burn so fast that more power would be useless! The only thing drifters might need is the 45° maximum lock which is also not a "must to have" since people with skills can handle big drift angle.
Before even think about get a drift dedicated car, it would be better for the devs to fix the tires problem, because actually a "500hp S15 JDM Yoooooooo" would be just useless....

And thanks but I know the difference between a stock car and a drift car, I've been to Japan twice and have some friends there who practice drift and their cars are closer (in tuning level) to an XRT than a big D1 grand prix monster.....
i just hate volvo. In my town only people having a volvo is the people that are either having a family or if the car looks like that they are screwing around with every girl in the 15-16 year they can find... -,-

NO offence but if a volvo gets in to lfs i will quit playing... -.-
Quote from minage :I voted no.
I love drift with this game but i don't know why build a specific drift car...
If you want to drift, just make the right set-up...

A drift track mmm that's a great idea.
Maybe something like city track with lots of turns could be very funny and interesting.
I really wish a mountain track (yes very jap-style but street-rally too)

To bad u'r a demo user..., if there would be a mountain track, you coudn't use it
Quote :And, do we need to wait 10-15 years after the order to get the licence, like for Lada's and Trabant's in old days ... ?

is that the only reason why you don't have an S2 license?
Let me say one thing. We don't need a drift car, because we already have it, XRT, with good settings it goes very nicely. BUT, we want to improve it little bit, with 36 degree lock it is very nice too, but it could be so much more fun with 45, I have tried and it was awesome when I used the all 900 degree rotation of my wheel. with that ~250hp it is very nice and fun too, but with something like ~400hp it would be so much more. It could do so much more wider and longer slides with 45 degrees and 400hp.

I'm maybe more like of a racer, but I really love drifting too, because that's easy to just goto the track and have some fun, with racing you have to always find a proper server and then wait to race start and drive to finish line. Racing is the thing what heats me up and I love it, but drifting is like relaxing with getting sweaty at same time. And when I wan't to drive LFS, but don't have too much time, I can't race because it likes to take hours. But I can drift because I can just take the XRT and goto the track and start hammering my pedals.

Right now we can have "teh superious drifting machine" in version V with tweaks and valuemod and its great fun in SP and in LAN connection with my friend, but you can't still take it out to have a run in proper servers.

But I don't demand anything, I'm happy with this too. Even the stock XRG is very fun drifting toy.
Quote from BigPeBe :Let me say one thing. We don't need a drift car, because we already have it, XRT, with good settings it goes very nicely. BUT, we want to improve it little bit, with 36 degree lock it is very nice too, but it could be so much more fun with 45, I have tried and it was awesome when I used the all 900 degree rotation of my wheel. with that ~250hp it is very nice and fun too, but with something like ~400hp it would be so much more. It could do so much more wider and longer slides with 45 degrees and 400hp.

I'm maybe more like of a racer, but I really love drifting too, because that's easy to just goto the track and have some fun, with racing you have to always find a proper server and then wait to race start and drive to finish line. Racing is the thing what heats me up and I love it, but drifting is like relaxing with getting sweaty at same time. And when I wan't to drive LFS, but don't have too much time, I can't race because it likes to take hours. But I can drift because I can just take the XRT and goto the track and start hammering my pedals.

Right now we can have "teh superious drifting machine" in version V with tweaks and valuemod and its great fun in SP and in LAN connection with my friend, but you can't still take it out to have a run in proper servers.

But I don't demand anything, I'm happy with this too. Even the stock XRG is very fun drifting toy.

Yes XRT is a good car to drift only there are a few things that must be changed to make it better;

- More horsepowers ( 350 / 400 bhp for longer faster slides )
- 45 degrees lock for more angel and controling yr drift )
- better tires that are not to hot after one lap.
- higer rpm like it was in patch X! now when u are in a drift yr car gets to early in the rev limiter and yr car gets unstable.

The tires, steering lock and rev limiter are the most important

in reality you can use yr tires about 30 minutes. in lfs 2 minutes and then it feels like driving on ice.
Quote from henrico-20- :in reality you can use yr tires about 30 minutes. in lfs 2 minutes and then it feels like driving on ice.

Tyre heating may feel a bit too fast in LFS, but I doubt that nobody drifts 30 minutes with any kind of tires in real life...
Quote from henrico-20- :Yes XRT is a good car to drift only there are a few things that must be changed to make it better;

- More horsepowers ( 350 / 400 bhp for longer faster slides )
- 45 degrees lock for more angel and controling yr drift )
- better tires that are not to hot after one lap.
- higer rpm like it was in patch X! now when u are in a drift yr car gets to early in the rev limiter and yr car gets unstable.

The tires, steering lock and rev limiter are the most important

in reality you can use yr tires about 30 minutes. in lfs 2 minutes and then it feels like driving on ice.

Then adapt to the situation. The tire heat problems can be solved by using Road Normals, instead of Road Supers. Change your gear ratios if you hit the limiter while drifting. Maybe you need to change to a different technique if 247bhp is not enough for you.
This thread is closed

Drift/Track oriented car
(343 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG