Drift/Track oriented car
(343 posts, closed, started )

Poll : Should LFS get a drift car?

No
Yes
drifting = driving
racing = driving

Got my point?
Quote from -DrftMstr- :Drifting is not racing yes. But it is one form of motorsports. And yes, LFS is a racing simulator implying drifting is not included. Developping a drift car is not very useful. The cars presently offered by LFS covers much of the needs, ranging from various amounts of power, weight, layout, etc. I think it's a very choice already.

NOW. To all of those avid "hardcore" race drivers, if you don't like drifting, do as you would do in real life: turn a blind eye and move on with life. There are irrelevant and offensive comments that would have gotten you a good beating in real life. If you don't get the "trend", don't make up ignorant assumptions and make some pathetic generalization. Because at the end, those who say "drifters" are immature are often as immature as they are.

But what do you people know, if you were some REAL avid hardcore circuit drivers, you wouldn't be here playing some VIDEO GAME simulating real life, because your sorry ass would have been outside driving on a real race track. Oh wait, some of you don't really have a life outside video games and this is supposed to be living a dream, right...I simply hate how SOME of the people here pretend to be something they are not.So what is the difference between pretending to be a racecar driver and pretending to be Takumi? NONE! Prentenders.

For those real race car drivers, for those who got a chance to drive real racecars, you can cool down your snobiness. You may have alot more opportunity that others but there are those stuck up "I am too cool for you because I drive a open wheeler and I can insult anyone around" comments that needs to be kept inside your mouth. Because maybe of the people are here for the same reason as you: to pretend to be something you are not.

And I thought Live For Speed was a racing simulator not a poser simulator. Wait... That's the Sims.

Now it reminds me not to visit LFSPoserForum so often.

+1 at everything my thoughts exactly!
I just don't understand why so many people oppose on something they too might benefit from.. that's what makes no sense at all to me.
i say lets have 1,althought we have like 7,more car=more fun
anyway we could make race set for it too if we want
I mean when you think about it, if you put a race set on a drift car, then you basically have a personal track car, which is nothing like any of the other cars we have, which are just road cars with wild setups.

So all in all it makes perfect sense, and everyone is happy.
A car with drift style and modifications, and a track car with adjustable downforce.
+100 for a driftcar look a like. I'm a racer in LFS but when i get bored of doing the same thing all the time i switch to drifting! and if i getr bored of drifting i switch to racing. and i think al lot of people do the same. + it would bring LFS a lot more users that love drifting only! I think it would be awesome if the devs would add one or more cars with the huge wings bumpers and wheels!! drifting in LFS is a lot of fun! and only the FZ5 and XRT are good drift cars but also race cars. but they look like road cars. so nothing spectacular!

if they would add some cars with the options i've written above. you can set it as a race car or a drift car. Then everybody would be happy right?? i don't see any problem... do you?
OK personaly i would LIKE it but it is not a smart thing to do too much work for the "RICER DRIFTERS" well yea atlest race fans say...but i say we need skill with the XRT you are good!! ...Yea thats what i say!!
Quote from Moonclaw :After all this is still a pc game and I think it should be developed as such, players should not be limited by funding for car parts and repairs nor track time and developing should be kept open minded to cater the players, not necessarily how real life is, but to provide accurate enough physics and good interface to enjoy them with.

i can say one thing ... more functions - more players
#112 - Woz
Quote from XCNuse :I mean when you think about it, if you put a race set on a drift car, then you basically have a personal track car, which is nothing like any of the other cars we have, which are just road cars with wild setups.

A car with drift style and modifications, and a track car with adjustable downforce.

Its good to see another old hand understand why this could benefit LFS and also understand why a drift related car is actually different from what we have now
Quote from Woz :Its good to see another old hand understand why this could benefit LFS and also understand why a drift related car is actually different from what we have now

I see the need just cant fight all the people that "HATE" drift and call it a horible thing =(
My vote is yes. If some people want it, a new car is always a great add to the game.

If you don´t want to use it, just don't use it. Simple as that.
Quote from SukebeSpitfire :drifting = driving
racing = driving

Got my point?

On/T = more cars will always get a yes vote from me!

Off/T somewhat =

I learned to drive profficiently in this game by learning to drift. I got my g25, got the demo...got a WR xrt set, and joined a race. I was backwards in the dirt after every corner, because as everyone knows...the WR xrt sets are slippery as hell. As soon as the ass end poked out a little, I was DONE for. I joined a drift server, got a set, and within a week I had a way to keep from crashing when shit hit the fan. Being able to slide/powerslide/oversteer/drift...whatever you want to call it...is a legitimate racing tool that every driver should learn to some extent. I grew up racing go karts, and if you didn't throw those things around and get them to rotate mid corner you'd be slower than everyone. A solid rear axle really teaches you how to float a car through a corner.

Now, onto your comparison...you have no point

yes, you're driving a car, but for completely different purposes...i have a pretty good example I think

Ok, Olympics, track and field, 100 meter dash

Everyone lines up at the starting line, crouches down...ready, set, BANG...everyone takes off as fast as they can, except one person who is running backwards, finishes in 3 times the time it took for everyone else, and yet still wins the gold because he was more creative...

Racing is not won by opinion, racing is won by whoever can beat everyone else legitimately on the track by either being the fastest, smartest, most consistent, or any mixture there of.
lfs have cars for drift,xrt,fz5,lx,rac,xrg....but i have a question:

Why XRR have a ''drift'' deffault skin,if XRR its a ''shit car'' for do drift?without nice tires for drift,a short ''left-right angle(sorry my bad english)...

lfs have very much cars,and you can do drift with all cars...(have cars better,and sux drift cars(bmwsaber...))

not bad idea do special tires for drift,drag....bah,im crazzy,see the hour....4.00 omfg hahaha i need sleep^^
Reading some of the posts in this thread just makes me realise to get out of LFS and build my own car for drift as fast as possible in real life.

Thank god some race drivers I met in real life aren't close-minded people like some on LFSForum. People that I know in real life that are in motorsports love everything about the cars, and pretending drifting sucks and isn't something fun is something as ignorant as it can get. I have never met a person that drifted himself say that drifting is no fun, stupid or that it sucks. Why would people racing sucessfully(as winning) retire and start drifting proffesionally? Because It's fun. Let me quote Remmo Niezen from last International Drift Challenge. "Drift Addict".

And many top drifters in Netherland that dominate international drift challenge in germany(Held on F1 circuits) are retired proffesional race car drivers. It's ok to be a drifter in real life, but in LFS being a drifter sucks - props to selfish and ignorant community.

Oh and shall I start a discussion about some new drift server that appeared on lfs lately? What did lfs racers try to drift? Formula BMW and FWD Gtr cars, just brillant. But wait oooops!! Those were just few, ofcourse this doesn't mean that all racers understand drifting by dragging GTi GTR ass around the corners and spinning into grass. But you have to be open minded to see that. You have to experience both racing and drifting deeply to understand both. I wasn't always drifting in lfs.

Anyway, I really was motivated to do a very good article about 45 max lock for Scawen with several people, but I just lost it all. It's pointless losing energy to fight for something in a video game.

On the other side.. I can see it's actually not that much people against drifting. Most of the people who are against are the same people all over, all over all over all over all over..

If anyone wants to call me ignorant then well.. Yeah call me ignorant for not understanding haters. I guess I would have to be a hater myself to understand it.

And lastly, sorry for going quite much offtopic here, but reading this just really gives me a shock.
Quote from kamkorPL :Reading some of the posts in this thread just makes me realise to get out of LFS and build my own car for drift as fast as possible in real life.

Thank god some race drivers I met in real life aren't close-minded people like some on LFSForum. People that I know in real life that are in motorsports love everything about the cars, and pretending drifting sucks and isn't something fun is something as ignorant as it can get. I have never met a person that drifted himself say that drifting is no fun, stupid or that it sucks. Why would people racing sucessfully(as winning) retire and start drifting proffesionally? Because It's fun. Let me quote Remmo Niezen from last International Drift Challenge. "Drift Addict".

And many top drifters in Netherland that dominate international drift challenge in germany(Held on F1 circuits) are retired proffesional race car drivers. It's ok to be a drifter in real life, but in LFS being a drifter sucks - props to selfish and ignorant community.

Oh and shall I start a discussion about some new drift server that appeared on lfs lately? What did lfs racers try to drift? Formula BMW and FWD Gtr cars, just brillant. But wait oooops!! Those were just few, ofcourse this doesn't mean that all racers understand drifting by dragging GTi GTR ass around the corners and spinning into grass. But you have to be open minded to see that. You have to experience both racing and drifting deeply to understand both. I wasn't always drifting in lfs.

Anyway, I really was motivated to do a very good article about 45 max lock for Scawen with several people, but I just lost it all. It's pointless losing energy to fight for something in a video game.

On the other side.. I can see it's actually not that much people against drifting. Most of the people who are against are the same people all over, all over all over all over all over..

If anyone wants to call me ignorant then well.. Yeah call me ignorant for not understanding haters. I guess I would have to be a hater myself to understand it.

And lastly, sorry for going quite much offtopic here, but reading this just really gives me a shock.

Remmo Niezen is one of the best europe drifters! i saw him a few times here with the Xtreme drift challenges. I'm normally racer to. i race 125cc karts and thats a lot of fun. but i do drifting to ( LFS and somethimes with karts with special hard tires) and thats great fun to but in an other way. i know why. with racing you have a lot of racers that try to beat you with 0.1 sec. also you need to setup the car perfectly and it gives somtimes a lot of stress. drifting is a kind of game that you do for fun. you can do it with an old 1980's car or with a 2005 350z and both can win the race. i think thats why racers love to drift to.

I think it would be a realy good extra if there would be something specially for drifters to. and you can setup yr drift car to an race car! at the moment i think 1/3 of all LFS users ar drifting or do it now and then.

the discussion about driftcars is actually pointless. it only add something extra to the sim. what does it bother you if people drift or race?
Quote from henrico-20- :the discussion about driftcars is actually pointless. it only add something extra to the sim. what does it bother you if people drift or race?

Because creating non-racing related content delays creating racing related content.

Who drifts and who doesn't isn't related to this thread in any way. If you ignore Tristan (that I think you should do), nobody is bashing drifting in this thread. <-- That's right, kamkor.
Quote from XCNuse :I mean when you think about it, if you put a race set on a drift car, then you basically have a personal track car, which is nothing like any of the other cars we have, which are just road cars with wild setups.

So you say:
'let's make a drift car that is a race car...'

We already have cars in LFS, we just got a new one...
A race car can't be that very different from what we have now, as someone said in this thread, you can drift with each car, why would you need a special drift car...

btw: I still don't know what a drift car is, apart from a normal car with huuuge body kits and more powah.
NO ****ING WAY!

Yes I'm a drifter that supports racing. Even though I'm sold to drifting, I don't want the devs to put drift specific cars like Microsoft did with Forza 2. I wouldn't mind other street and RWD cars, but no cars with 'JDM DORI-DORI' stickers alll around.
I really cant believe people dont see the bloody benefit of this suggestion!

Its a car that would make drifters AND racers (non SS racers, that is) quite happy yet you can't see past the DRIFT part the OP placed within the suggestion.

If it was called a track car, with the same values in terms of lock and power, most of you would be all over it.

Its just sad to see this anti drift or whatever ignorance, even if it benefits most of us quite directly. (I neither drift nor cruise, for the record)

Really seems that ignorance is indeed, bliss.
Quote from gohfeld23 :I really cant believe people dont see the bloody benefit of this suggestion!

Its a car that would make drifters AND racers (non SS racers, that is) quite happy yet you can't see past the DRIFT part the OP placed within the suggestion.

If it was called a track car, with the same values in terms of lock and power, most of you would be all over it.

Its just sad to see this anti drift or whatever ignorance, even if it benefits most of us quite directly. (I neither drift nor cruise, for the record)

Really seems that ignorance is indeed, bliss.

why should we see past it? the request wasn't for a new race car with certain spec, it was for a car meant specifically for drifting, and adding that to a racing simulator would be stupid. nothing wrong with a powerful rear drive street car. everything wrong with labelling it a drifting car.
omg you guys get past the word Drift
It's like a cheap boxed wine that leaves you guys with a sour taste in your mouth after drinking it in.

If you want me, I'll change every "drift" in this entire thread to read "track car"
I mean honestly, drift is just what the OP stated, no one in this thread has said it HAS to be used for drifting, we've been saying the exact opposite, that you can use it for whatever you feel like.

@BlakjeKaas, read my other post before to see the differences there would be.
@RidersMotion, you do the same.
Wouldn't it just be an XRT with a stupid bodykit?
This thread is closed

Drift/Track oriented car
(343 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG