The online racing simulator
Nice pics
Here are a few pictures from a drift session with a good friend of mine...
Attached images
01bw0.jpg
02rj0.jpg
03mn8.jpg
04nx0.jpg
05oo4.jpg
this be my s15 slideways!

And no its not liked maxxed out on U999 Its All Sport no racing exept the turbo!
I am having a blast playing it, just ordered a HDD cheap, and hopefully I will get some cheap wi-fi kit, so I can "play" online.

Nurburgring looks really really nice, but it does have a few inaccuracies, still good enough for a fun blast round.

All in all, a very enjoyable console sim.
I played GT3 with my brother-in-law on the PS2 and I thought it was ridiculous. I then played GT4 on his PS2 and I thought it was ridiculous. He just sold his PS2 system and games and bought an XBox. I played Forza 2 not long ago and was thoroughly impressed with it being a console racing game. I found it quite enjoyable and could use some of my LFS knowledge to whoop is arse which I could never do with any of the GT series (he has years playing racing games on console compared to my haven't touched a console since the Sega Genesis in around 1994)

Very impressive for a console racing game.
The only time I played on an X-box was in a store, where it was displayed with FM2. My impression wasn't that great really, I selected some kind of challenge and put it on the highest difficulty lever and found it quite easy. Found it a bit annoying at that.
You need to turn off all the driving aids, then it gets fun. Danowat, let people know when you go online, because you can gift cars to people over xbox live. I've not raced online much, people are a bit crap at it, unless you turn off contact...which is boring.
No aids, same "P.I." or lower than the highest cars "P.I", AI on hard, makes it quite challenging, AI on hard actually put up a decent race, not sure I like getting a penalty when the AI hit me though.......

@Quicksilver, will do when I get online.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :I've not raced online much, people are a bit crap at it, unless you turn off contact...which is boring.

I had the same impression when i went online. However, i tried again a few weeks ago, and i happend to find some decent people finally. It seems like all the kids left forza for halo 3.
Well. HOPEFULLY, my Xbox 360 Elite should be here tomorrow with Forza 2 and I'm really looking forward to playing it now! GT4 was once my favourite game and I used to defend it saying 'It's the best simulator there is' and other misguided nonsense!
Forza 2's an absolute blast; my most played game at the moment. I loved the original Forza, and this is turning out to be just the same way. Now I just gotta work my way up until I can afford some supercars.
As soon as I get up and running Dajmin, I'll add you (not that I'll know how to or anything.......LOL)
I think xbox have their own wireless adapter thing for the 360, and judging by the wireless technology they use for the controllers, it should be brilliant. I have several low end cars that I use online or just for fun, the lower classes produce better racing imo. I might even get some identicle cars for people to have and race.
I got a £30 wireless game bridge thingy, hopefully it will be good enough, couldn't justify spending £60 on a MS one.....
True, I found a new way to show up drifters today. I joined a server wanting a race, but they were all drifting. Basically just the usual 4WD jap cars, Skyline, 350z, Evo. So I thought I would get out my RWD Ford Focus and show them how its done.
Attached images
7eab95aa-93c8-4130-b715-6faf46983099.jpg
That rear wheel looks odd

Nice picture though! Sadly, I don't have an Xbox 360
Alright, now you've done it. I'm buying an Xbox 360 + FM2 when I get off work tonight. I'm feeling a bit guilty because of the price, though, but now that I can't setup my pc at home I am so bloody bored to death that I'm desperate to find something enjoyable to do. Normally I'd take my motorcycle out for a spin but the weather's been so horrible the past week that there's no chance of that happening for the coming week either.

I'm a bit worried about there being no cockpitview and no G25 support (though I can't set that up either :shrug but I've been reading reviews and comments all morning and they're all extremely positive, and all screenshots look drooling good

So maybe we LFS'ers should set up a server/game sometime and race together eh? That way at least you'll know you're racing with decent drivers
well at th ePS3 GT5 will have a online mode, no doubt that there will be allot of drifters
Ugh, I can't seem to get online. I've got this Hercules Wireless USB transmitter which works great with my computer, but it doesn't do anything when I plug it into the Xbox Can't seem to find anything on it on the xbox site, either. It's supposed to work with the xbox though, some site advertised it as "being recommended by Microsoft for the 360" (though that's probably not true).

Anyway, is there a procedure I have to follow when plugging usb devices in?
Quote from hrtburnout :That rear wheel looks odd

Nice picture though! Sadly, I don't have an Xbox 360

Yeh I put the camber facing the wrong way because I'm a retard, I did fix it later though.
my 420kw RWD integra!

can you send setups in forza? also the skins look a little lo-res compared to lfs.
lol i probably wouldnt be saying this if I had a 360 and forza2
You can download setups, but I'm not sure how. At track selection in single-player it lists the record holders and you can automatically download setups from them. I've never tried though so not sure if you can do it from friends (but I'd assume you can).

Sometimes the skins can get a bit blocky at areas where they're stretched (similar to what happens in LFS) and obviously if you try to increase the size of a decal above default it'll lose definition. When using shapes I always use multiples rather than making one big one so this doesn't happen
Uploaded screenshots don't do justice to forza. They are compressed like crazy after uploading them to the forza site. So don't judge the game from seeing screenshots.

Here's a little vid to give an idea of how people make the skins in forza:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECedUGsISfI

Some people made skins with photo-realistic stuff on it even. Probably you can get better quality with LFS since you can use your pc to design skins, but regarding the options you have in forza, i wouldn't call the skins low quality at all.

EDIT: You cannot download setups. However, you can look at the upgrade list of cars in the leaderboards (uploading this info when uploading a laptime can be turned off in the game options).

Forza 2, pretty bloody good infact........
(698 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG