The online racing simulator
Making LFS Movies!
(561 posts, started )
Hello,

How many FPS are recommeded to have during the capture at speed 0.5.
I juste have 12 PFS.
SO better to make the capture at speed 0.250?
That would mean you would have 24 FPS in the video, which is satisfactory, but nothing more then that. Ideally you should have at least 30, 40, 50,...
ok thx

another question.

I use virtual dub to make an avi with xvid codec but in adobe premiere i cant read this vid ... why?
Video editing programs doesn't like compressed vids. Solution: always work with uncompressed videos (you can save it as uncompressed in VirtualDub, it takes huge amount of HD space though, but it's the only real way to go).
Not sure if it's the right place to aks this, but i run LFS via "CrossOver" on my iMac and i was wondering if there is anything to record videos with exept Fraps? (becouse that doesn't work on an iMac and don't know if it'll work if i run it with CrossOver too).

Thanks,
Sponge
Quote from Sponge :Not sure if it's the right place to aks this, but i run LFS via "CrossOver" on my iMac and i was wondering if there is anything to record videos with exept Fraps? (becouse that doesn't work on an iMac and don't know if it'll work if i run it with CrossOver too).

Thanks,
Sponge

One way to find out, just test if it works. Doesn't CrossOver support most Windows based applications?
If it doesn't work, maybe GameCam does.
I just cant export my edited avi file from after effects back to vegas. Any idea how i should do?
lfs movies
hey can some 1 please tell me just how to make a movie from lfs because i got the replay saved and i just need 2 make it into window movie maker
Tried reading the first post?

You need to use Fraps
Quote from mr souter :hey can some 1 please tell me just how to make a movie from lfs because i got the replay saved and i just need 2 make it into window movie maker

for some reason i got fraps and it records in good quality but there is something wrong. i recorded a movie and went to upload it to youtube to see the after upload quality it was 2gb's and the movie was only 1min 34sec's how can i make the size smaller?
Quote from Epic.Movement :for some reason i got fraps and it records in good quality but there is something wrong. i recorded a movie and went to upload it to youtube to see the after upload quality it was 2gb's and the movie was only 1min 34sec's how can i make the size smaller?

This goes for you too, please read my first post.
Quote :Set it to record at Full-size and at 30fps (or lower if the video is choppy.)

I have tried everything but it's still choppy. What's wrong?
Quote from Riksun :[color=black]

I have tried everything but it's still choppy. What's wrong?

Then your computer probably isn't capable of recording, you need a pretty fast Harddrive for it. I'm sorry.
-
(U4IK ST8) DELETED by U4IK ST8 : Problem Solved...
Hi boys!

I have a problem. I HAD 15 FPS while recording with FRAPS with my old config.(2.4 Intel Celeron...) and now I bought an Intel P D805 Dual Core CPU, and now my FPS while recording, is 15 too. I think there MUST be difference between the 2 CPU's. If anyone could help me, I would appreciate that

2nd thing... I know how to duplicate the speed of the video in VirtualDub ( recorded with 0,500X)
BUT, I don't know how to duplicate the speed of the SOUND! Help me please, THX
Maybe you have it set to record at 15 FPS in Fraps?
btw don't ever buy a Celeron again, they are cheap for a good reason.

I never duplicated the speed the sound, maybe it can be done with a program like audacity, but I solved this in one of my movies with recording the scene twice while the second time I just recorded the sound at 1x playback speed.

edit Oh right now I remember, when I doubled the sound speed in Adobe Premiere it came out sounding weird which wasn't such a suprise hehe, so then I used the trick I wrote above.
No, FRAPS is set to record at 30 FPS
Hi,

I've got a little problem here. I'm trying to make a movie at 720*480 pixels, but that's not really going well with Adobe Premiere.

First of all, Premiere shows it as a 640*480, so you get black edges at the sides. It also seems to stretch it. But when I add blur, with a matte layer over it, it shows all 720*480 pixels. Can't see if it's still stretch though (see help.jpg). And with blur, without the matte, the edges get blurred too..

Does anyone know what settings I need to use to solve this?
Currently I use:

Frame size: 720 * 480 (3:2)
Pixel aspect ratio: Square pixels (1.0)
Fields: Lower fields first

Maybe the square pixels option is the problem. But it's recorded from the computer, so the original clips should have square pixels already.
It should look like help2.jpg

Then, a different problem. I tried to use Xvid for the compression. But, when the movie is exported I get some weird things going on, see help3.jpg.

Does anyone know how to solve these problems perhaps?
Thanks in advance,

Darkone
Attached images
help.jpg
help2.jpg
help3.jpg
#294 - Don
i think the problem is in pixel aspect ratio - i once tried recording @ 720x480 from lfs and it didnt go well, so i returned to 720x576 with widescreen effect enabled...

exporting to divx/xvid directly from premiere has never worked for me - got similar errors as you, so i export to uncompressed and compress it in virtualdubmod
Thanks a lot man! I recorded everything at 720x576 now, and with VirtualDubMod I can cut the rest away and add compression later.
Quote from Darkone55 :Hi,

I've got a little problem here. I'm trying to make a movie at 720*480 pixels, but that's not really going well with Adobe Premiere.

First of all, Premiere shows it as a 640*480, so you get black edges at the sides. It also seems to stretch it. But when I add blur, with a matte layer over it, it shows all 720*480 pixels. Can't see if it's still stretch though (see help.jpg). And with blur, without the matte, the edges get blurred too..

Does anyone know what settings I need to use to solve this?
Currently I use:

Frame size: 720 * 480 (3:2)
Pixel aspect ratio: Square pixels (1.0)
Fields: Lower fields first

Maybe the square pixels option is the problem. But it's recorded from the computer, so the original clips should have square pixels already.
It should look like help2.jpg
[snip]

I read you solved the other problems, so I just wanted to point out that you should NOT use fields at all. Fields are for interlaced media, such as the TV, with NTSC using lower field first (B field) and PAL upper field first (A field).

Since source recoding and output playback is done on your PC monitor, everything is using progressive scan (and square PAR, that is 1:1 Pixel Aspect Ratio), so do NOT define fields when you encode. Most probably you are using a ready (NTSC) profile and that's why you are getting a (lower) field setting. Don't use ready profiles, customize the settings yourself instead.

I hope the above made some sense
Quote from kurent :Maybe you have it set to record at 15 FPS in Fraps?
btw don't ever buy a Celeron again, they are cheap for a good reason.

I never duplicated the speed the sound, maybe it can be done with a program like audacity, but I solved this in one of my movies with recording the scene twice while the second time I just recorded the sound at 1x playback speed.

edit Oh right now I remember, when I doubled the sound speed in Adobe Premiere it came out sounding weird which wasn't such a suprise hehe, so then I used the trick I wrote above.

Ulead Media Studio Pro 7 doubles audio speed succesfully!
Update pls..

FULLY FUNCTIONAL OPEN SOURCE (free) MOVIE EDITING SUITE FOR PROFFESSIONALLS!!!!

It's called jashaka, and it isn't for the light hearted!

I would suggest reading every readme/tutorial/pdf file you can get, because while it is damned powerfull, it has the same load apple's Final Sut Studio has.. Or Pinnacles old 'Liquid Studio' on the other hand!

If you dont pay attention you will get nowhere with it. If you actually read the manuals you will find it magnificant!

Download it here: http://www.jahshaka.org/ ... and make better LFS movies!
Just a quick one here. I dont know if this is actually a problem or not but when i get my fraps recorded file and do the vdub fps conversion uncompressed, the resultant playback is very choppy. Is this because playing back uncompressed files is hard on the PC? Also, the speed doesn't seem to increase at all (from recording 0.5 replays to normal speed with fps conversion).

When I vdub it and compress it with xvid tho, the playback is smooth and the speed increases.

If I use the uncompressed file still, will it be ok when rendered in the final movie with vegas? I'll have to try it I suppose, but I'm very tired tonight.....
hi seniors,i got some questions.please help me.

1)how to make clear and best quality video?i followed the instuctions in this tread 1st post but the video look blur.or need to set other things beside 1st post instuctions ?i'm using fraps to record video and using adobe premiere pro to edit video.

2)i recorded video and sound at 0.5x speed and i double amount frames it which mean amke the video faster and look like 1.0x speed but the sound very terible.how to make the sound like 1.0x speed replay?

Making LFS Movies!
(561 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG