The online racing simulator
Drift Setups Thread
(276 posts, started )
Drift Setups Thread
"Got a good drift setup? Share it for everyone!"

Hey guys, it would be nice that we all post our setups into one big archive instead of making tons of thread each time you get a good set. Please use this one and let's make it easier for newcomers tto find their hapiness.

Please note that these settings will not make you a master of drift. There is an infinite variety of driving styles and setup preferences, you may have to make adjustments to suit your individual style.

Quote :All the setups go to LFS Folder/Data/Setups folder.

Here are my Patch V to Patch Y setups up for download. Enjoy.
Attached files
XRT_Patch V.set - 132 B - 38127 views
XRT_Patch W.set - 132 B - 19785 views
XRT_Patch X.set - 132 B - 20027 views
XRT_Patch Y.set - 132 B - 22932 views
#3 - bhs
One day I will understand the need for "drift" setups. When I drift I use my regular racing sets. If you need to make the rear end of your car crippled to drift it you need to learn how to actually drift rather than just power oversteer.
I'm only a demo driver, been going for about a month or so. I've had a lot of racing experience with Gran Turismo. I also understand how a car works pretty well, so I have some setup experience. I use keyboard and mouse at the moment, its not as good as the wheel and pedals I'm sure but I don't have much trouble keeping up.

This is my first ever drift setup for the XR GT Turbo, and I find it very easy going, nice and smooth drifting around the corners. Once you do a couple laps the tires get to a very nice temperature, you'll get some nice smoke for show drifting. I have the car as low as it will go, so you get nice downforce, good traction while your tires are hot on the surface.

Please let me know how it goes for you after you try it.

Edit: Changed the camber a bit, it feels a bit smoother.
Attached files
XR GT TURBO_SKaREO_Drift.set - 132 B - 37628 views
lower ride dont create more downforce in LFS..
Anyway, this is nice that someone used the post
Quote from bhs :One day I will understand the need for "drift" setups. When I drift I use my regular racing sets. If you need to make the rear end of your car crippled to drift it you need to learn how to actually drift rather than just power oversteer.

Regular set works fine in drifting, any road vehicles in LFS can be drifted as long as its rear wheel driven.
But sometimes a proper set that's purposely built for drifting does make a big difference than your usual oversteer slides. It doesn't make you a super drifter immediately, but it does allow/help you to perform bigger, longer and more spectacular drifts easier, in turn you also have more control of the drift angles and etc.
In racing, top racers have their own proper built race sets that helped them win races, yeah they can race with default setups, but it'll be slower. The same goes to drifting, hence there are "drift" setups as well.
#8 - RaDuS
i would suggest finding a set you really like with a ceartin car and sticking with it eventually you will get used to that setup even if it has a bit of oversteer or understeer you will learn to control it.
Also, it's nice to have something tough on the tires side. Something not too slippy but not too 'burn-fast'.
Quote :Also, it's nice to have something tough on the tires side. Something not too slippy but not too 'burn-fast'.

yesir completley agree
Quote from Tak :Where do you put this? (newbie)

LFS Folder/Data/Settings
never forget theres different styles of drifting , some over steer , over accl or ust push the car too hard , but for me i just drift the perfect racing line
Here's one of my lastest sets;

Based on Calvin Wan's G35 specs, it's a stiff set with real life tire pressure (Using Falken RT-615, their drift tires) at 50 psi, this is a smooth set (or it is to me tho...). Feel free to use, I hope it helps someone .

@Bob: Any chance that you pin this topic, so you can get rid of those drift setup requests ans make a clean topic about?

***All my settings are develloped for keyboard and might not suit everyone***
First XRG setup! Using knobbies to the rear and normals up to the front, this set can handle 1-2 laps but not too much because of the knobbies. It feels like my XRT [drift3] set with less power. Try it, love it!

***All my settings are develloped for keyboard and might not suit everyone***

Edit: SKaREO's set is pretty popular, 600 downloads woot!
Ok here it goes
These are the sets that I use personally for "everyday" drifting that is easy to drive, quite stable but responsive.

I dont like fz with its heavy rear-end, but after making a setup with the same criteria as for gtt, it ended up pretty well.
Attached files
XR GT TURBO_Drift.set - 132 B - 20368 views
FZ50_Drift.set - 132 B - 18332 views
Quote from Tommy :Ok here it goes
These are the sets that I use personally for "everyday" drifting that is easy to drive, quite stable but responsive.

I dont like fz with its heavy rear-end, but after making a setup with the same criteria as for gtt, it ended up pretty well.

Thank you for sharing TommyPL, I'm updating the post at the moment
Time to post setups updates with the venue of Patch X!!!
#18 - Jakg
Patch X only changes the drivetrain a little bit - these sets will still drift almost as well...
Quote from Jakg :Patch X only changes the drivetrain a little bit - these sets will still drift almost as well...

If peoples wishes to update their sets, then I'll update the first post, otherwise they'll stay until there's a major change in physics
I have tried W sets in W17 and up (test patches) and they are doing just fine.

So, yes preload is a nice new feature but it doesn't make previous sets obsolete.

Keep them coming lads
well this is the set i used for my FZ and XRT most of the time.These sets belong to KamKor and AllucaRd.These are very good drift sets but i modified them a lil bit for my personal liking.btw nice sets everyone!Also this is an RB4 drift set that i use most of the time.Makes the real end slideout jus at the right angle if u kno how to use it
Attached files
XR GT TURBO_KeisuDrift.set - 132 B - 15665 views
RB4 GT_Dorifto.set - 132 B - 12251 views
Basic Adjustments
It's me! (Again...)

I tought I'd share you my way of making a set, it might not be the best one but it works fine for me.

1) Tires: What Pressure? Camber?

Short track (Like comp or sprint): low pressure, high camber.
Longer tracks (FE Gold & Black): higher pressure, less camber.
Daily (Mix of both upper): 30 to 50 psi, +0.0 to 2.5 camber

2) Suspension:

Ride Height: As low as the track allows (get the front bumper to the level of curbs)
Daily: get them to the height of FE's curbs, which are the highest of all tracks.

The rest is up to you

3) Transmission:

Locked or DLG to your likes

4) Brakes: see Bob smith's guide

5) Direction :

+0.0 (Or close to that) toe

I know it's not professional at all, but that's my way of working, show me yours now!
Drift setup added to the first post.

@Keisu: Please rename your sets (If you modify them) otherwise I can't add them if they are not from you.
pls someone send a drift setup in a different format, my computer doesnt read that type of file

Drift Setups Thread
(276 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG