The online racing simulator
Drift Setups Thread
(276 posts, started )
Quote from Acnd666 :My first post.. Well, I got a lot of setups from this topic, but no one seems to work. I put them in the folder, I tried "installing" them (Double-click, auto copy) and I can't see/select them in Pits. Anyone knows what's the problem? Thanks.
- Acnd The RaceKid

place them in the right folder - lfs / data / setups, check if the name of it (them) isnt too long, if it is, lfs wont load it. also check if the begining of it is correct: XRG_ (underline, not - )
should work
Quote from BADLVBOY :place them in the right folder - lfs / data / setups, check if the name of it (them) isnt too long, if it is, lfs wont load it. also check if the begining of it is correct: XRG_ (underline, not - )
should work

Oh. Thanks. I checked my set and it was XRG.. even if the car was XR GT. I renamed it and it works =D Thanks.
Does anyone have a drift setup for a 2006 hilux??
Setups
Does anyone have setups for LX6 and MRT5? They would be nice

Thank you
Got one for LX6, not for MRT tho.
Attached files
LX6_drif.set - 132 B - 1844 views
Nice Work
Nice Work And Nice Game it's cool cars
Quote from Kamikaze94PL :If someone thinks that FWD drifting is impossible ,then he/she thinks wrong. This set should help you in that. BTW japanese can drift even on wheelchair.

Can you make a drift setup for FXO ?

I tryed your setup for XFG and its very good. I made some minor modifications that make it drift even better, in my opinion.
Attached files
XFG_KamikazeDrift 1.set - 132 B - 1756 views
Nice, Thank You
bumping this thread, this setup is good for HUGE entries, best for EXPERIENCED DRIFTERS, and has NO ABS, it may feel shaky on bumps but if you stay away from them you should be good, i used it with the keyboard but g25 or g27 users should find this even more responsive.
Attached files
XRG_Quantum Drift.set - 132 B - 2180 views
-
My best setup (stefan1st) DELETED by stefan1st
XRT? You sure?
My XRT set up
This is based on the Toyo Tires D1gp 180sx but I messed with it to fit lower hp. Gears 2 to 5 are all for drifting and it tops out at 204 km/h. Hope you all like it.
Attached files
XRT_D1sl.set - 132 B - 2512 views
-
(dextriocan) DELETED by Flame CZE : useless bump
Why doesn't my setups show up?
Okey so now i downloaded like 8 setups from this forum and i did put them into LFS folder\data\setups but when i'm in the garage they doesn't show up just default please reply and help me or add me on skype/steam skype:freddan991 steam:freddan26
car prefix example: xrt_driftblabla , fz5_tjibbira and so on.
and the lfs/data/setup folder.
Hey guys; I love drifting but I always seem to end up with sets that are meant for wheels like the G27. My old (hailing from 2003) Logitech Wingman MOMO Force has 270 degrees of rotation; does anyone have a solid recommendation for someone with such a limited turn range?
Quote from ToxicKlay :Hey guys; I love drifting but I always seem to end up with sets that are meant for wheels like the G27. My old (hailing from 2003) Logitech Wingman MOMO Force has 270 degrees of rotation; does anyone have a solid recommendation for someone with such a limited turn range?

You want to make sure your setup is error friendly. Negative front camber and stiff front springs. Removing the ackermann can also help if you're having trouble 'balancing' the drifts. You want understeery setups basically because they don't require the same precision when driving.
"Ackermann"? I do believe we use a different term in America, because I have NO idea what that is. Googling "car ackermann" doesn't help me figure out what I need to change in the settings. Maybe I am just stupid
Quote from ToxicKlay :"Ackermann"? I do believe we use a different term in America, because I have NO idea what that is. Googling "car ackermann" doesn't help me figure out what I need to change in the settings. Maybe I am just stupid

It's called parallel steering in LFS. Basically, the inner wheel steer more than the outer. With 0% parallel steering your loaded front wheel can steer further out while drifting so you can get more angle. However, it makes the other wheel steer less so as the load shifts between your front wheels you get an unstable drift. With more parallel steering (aka less ackermann) you get less steering angle but a more balanced drift.
-
(elvijs91) DELETED by elvijs91
does anybody have a good setup for xrt, i use g27 and most setups i find are for keyboard . also i use 720 rotation. thanks
I have a setup that i made from another set that i now use. i thought that other people might like it so i guess ill post it here
Attached files
XRT_GonE Drift.set - 132 B - 3269 views
-
XRT Drift Setup (458 Italia) DELETED by Scawen : spam
How do i set it up ??
Quote from Nicce :car prefix example: xrt_driftblabla , fz5_tjibbira and so on.
and the lfs/data/setup folder.

or something like rb4_derpderp
Can anyone help me please, when i put a setup in the setups folder its never shows in my game even though its in the folder. Is this because i have a demo licence? thanks

Drift Setups Thread
(276 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG