The online racing simulator
Drift Setups Thread
(276 posts, started )
Read the first post, it's written in red.
Quote from dizzlez :Post some FZ50 drift sets that work on Patch Y lads

thanks in advance.

Here you go, works pretty good, i love it! (moonclaw's one)

Quote from Moonclaw :Here's what I use. To get used to them, at first try to steer as little as you can and control the car with pedals, once you get the feel for how it needs to be driven start applying handbrake to lenghten your entries and widening the countersteer to the point where you can hold it but not lose it.

Thanks for sharing with the community

i have a rally setup with road tires, it's very very sideways friendly!

just follow a more aggressive line then usual(think:go wide, and tuck in) then usual and the end will come out, and you will be automatically balanced out in a very long neutralsteer, the faster the entry, the better the drift will be.

it's inspired by colin mcrea driving the Ford Focus through silverstone
http://youtube.com/watch?v=21_JCx3_vlc

turns out rally setups are as good on hard track!
Attached files
XRG_Drift.set - 132 B - 6219 views
Heres my drift setup for you guys, tell me how its works for you
Attached files
XRT_hello2.set - 132 B - 2823 views
heres my two best setups one is on normals and one is on supers

EDIT: whoops sorry for the double posted setup
Attached files
XRT_hello2.set - 132 B - 2084 views
XRT_COMP DRIFT.set - 132 B - 3770 views
My setup.

And for those who might not know me, I am Reiel ingame. Did have Touge M tags, not now. =)

This setup is more dynamic, so before you yell and scream and beat your monitor, (Then have your parents buy a new one) play with it a bit.
Attached files
XRT_VHPADrift2.set - 132 B - 4110 views
hello, i have a problem, when i install the setups i cant find/see them in-game
help much appriciated
Are you putting them in Data/Setups, or are you on X?
hi Ca18Slider, i am putting them in LFS/DATA/SETUPS yes is this correct???
oh and my version of LFS is S2 ALPHA 0.5Y just incase your wondering
it works fine now
there is my two old set for xrt (based on mouse and work great on wheel)

showdrift is on knob skillz is needed if you want to drift it corectly and get the best angle and keep it but great for long drift in kyoto ring :P

thx
Attached files
XRT_drift.set - 132 B - 3444 views
XRT_ShowDrift.set - 132 B - 4398 views
Quote :One day I will understand the need for "drift" setups. When I drift I use my regular racing sets. If you need to make the rear end of your car crippled to drift it you need to learn how to actually drift rather than just power oversteer.

I'de like to see you take any car that is tuned for racing on the track in real life and try drifting with it.
Quote from l3ang :I'de like to see you take any car that is tuned for racing on the track in real life and try drifting with it.

It's what I do in LFS. Granted, it's not the best setup but a good setup will not need much tweaking to make it "driftable." For me, I just turned down the negative camber to even out the tire wear and it's a MUCH better drift setup than what I see most drifters use.

Now to why I came to this thread in the first place. Whenever I go drifting in LFS, I see a LOT of drifters using positive camber in the rear. Some of them even try to defend it saying it actually gives more traction than negative camber! So are the settings that drifters are using so bad that positive camber is the only way to get the car sideways or are the people with positive camber just stupid?
Quote from luftrofl :It's what I do in LFS. Granted, it's not the best setup but a good setup will not need much tweaking to make it "driftable." For me, I just turned down the negative camber to even out the tire wear and it's a MUCH better drift setup than what I see most drifters use.

Now to why I came to this thread in the first place. Whenever I go drifting in LFS, I see a LOT of drifters using positive camber in the rear. Some of them even try to defend it saying it actually gives more traction than negative camber! So are the settings that drifters are using so bad that positive camber is the only way to get the car sideways or are the people with positive camber just stupid?

I personally use positive camber on FZ5. What's important is the live camber, not the camber from the slider. Look for yourself, positive slider camber isn't necessary positive live camber.
Quote from Riders Motion :I personally use positive camber on FZ5. What's important is the live camber, not the camber from the slider. Look for yourself, positive slider camber isn't necessary positive live camber.

I was guaging this by tire wear from F9 and the rather obvious sign of the tires leaning outward.

Sorry about that, I should've specified that the live camber was positive, not just in the setting.
problem!
i have a problem:
i download some drift setups from this thread, save it in D:/LFSs2_Y/data/settings/, but i can't find them in LFS game!
please help me!
Quote from markorester :i have a problem:
i download some drift setups from this thread, save it in D:/LFSs2_Y/data/settings/, but i can't find them in LFS game!
please help me!

C:\Program Files\LFS\data\setups

I'm nearly positive that the sets go there after patch Y. The folder that you posted is where sets were saved prior to patch Y.

Also be sure that the setup file has the proper prefix. For XRT it'd be "XRT_nameOfSetup.set"
Quote from luftrofl :C:\Program Files\LFS\data\setups

I'm nearly positive that the sets go there after patch Y. The folder that you posted is where sets were saved prior to patch Y.

Also be sure that the setup file has the proper prefix. For XRT it'd be "XRT_nameOfSetup.set"

ok. that works, but just for 5-6 setups. No all that i download!
I've got a few setups that I'll share when I have more time but just a quick question:

Has anyone managed to get a setup for the GT cars? I've done everything I can think of and they're still rubbish.

Oh, and with regards to the positive camber thing the only one there's a point for is the FZ5 as even with +1 positive it's still comfortably negative live camber. Just my two-penneth. Anyone who has positive camber to make it 'drift better' when it's obviously positive in live camber aswell needs to be shot.
Very Good Setups!!!
:/ Personally I've found it best to have as minimal as positive rear camber, meaning -0.5 within vertical alignment and -2/-3.5 in the front. Just my preference though.
Quote from Ca18Slider ::/ Personally I've found it best to have as minimal as positive rear camber, meaning -0.5 within vertical alignment and -2/-3.5 in the front. Just my preference though.

That's the same for me - -0.5 camber seems right though I'll tend to use a little more on South City. For front I use between -1/-2 because Supers grip a slight bit more than Norms so they require a little less angle.

Drift Setups Thread
(276 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG