The online racing simulator
Drift Setups Thread
(276 posts, started )
Drifting Drifting Drifting.. you guys shared some real nice setups but dont forget to add in that not all setups will match everyones driving,, sometimes you just have to tweak a setup to it fits YOU as the person you are not as the person who shared the setup is.. remember that, happy sharing and drift safely..
Quote from SKaREO :I'm only a demo driver, been going for about a month or so. I've had a lot of racing experience with Gran Turismo. I also understand how a car works pretty well, so I have some setup experience. I use keyboard and mouse at the moment, its not as good as the wheel and pedals I'm sure but I don't have much trouble keeping up.

This is my first ever drift setup for the XR GT Turbo, and I find it very easy going, nice and smooth drifting around the corners. Once you do a couple laps the tires get to a very nice temperature, you'll get some nice smoke for show drifting. I have the car as low as it will go, so you get nice downforce, good traction while your tires are hot on the surface.

Please let me know how it goes for you after you try it.

Edit: Changed the camber a bit, it feels a bit smoother.

Erm How the hell did u unlock the XR GT Turbo when only XR GT is in the demo?!?!?!?!
Quote from Tonttula :Erm How the hell did u unlock the XR GT Turbo when only XR GT is in the demo?!?!?!?!

Look at the date: 19th April 2007, 03:37
thx !!!!
any arab drift setups ?
XRG_DRIFT setup for demo maded by me.
Nice setup for mouse+keyboard and beginners like me)
I've used this same set for about two years now, since demo really. I don't think I've really changed the set much since then, but I like it.

If you can give me any hints or whatever to change the settings a little bit for Y, I'd love it.
Attached files
XRT_®e^J¹¹oÅ.set - 132 B - 2362 views
Two Setups
nice
ill try the XRG one
ohh and i got a job so expect my status to be S2 Licensed soon
#85 - T.J.
Just put on some Hybrids and a locked diff. and you are ready to go
Hi.
Had to delete my LFS and reinstall it, lost all my setups. (didn't made backup)
Can anyone please post drift setup for 720 degrees (Driving Foce Pro, if that changes something) for fz5 and xrt?
Thanks!
Xrg_drift
little upgrade,updated:
better control for long drift
easier to start drifting at small speed
.enjoy
P.S.
setup for mouse and keyboard)
sry for bad eng.(
For some reason, people think they are cool because they manage to rip my setups from a replay file. So since I can't keep my setups for me, I guess I will just post them here so everyone can get them...
im new to LFS i find it VERY entertaining and REAL and small in size
i want to kno how u rename the names from x to y patch.
i've downloaded some setups but i duno how to use them(access them/put them on)

can some one post a simple tut to help noobs like me understand
thx
Quote from deadlysin :im new to LFS i find it VERY entertaining and REAL and small in size
i want to kno how u rename the names from x to y patch.
i've downloaded some setups but i duno how to use them(access them/put them on)

can some one post a simple tut to help noobs like me understand
thx

Just rename i.e. XR GT_x to XRG_x, XF GTi_x to XFG_x and so on.
Not a big drifter myself, but made one set once.
Attached files
XRT_Drift_Kris.set - 132 B - 2485 views
Here is my personal FZ5 set
Used with G25 at 720 degrees
Attached files
FZ5_Drift.set - 132 B - 2858 views
RAC Drift Setup
Here is my RAC drift setup i recomend using the E-Brake to get some angle or the Braking Drift Technique.
NOTE: I'm using a steering wheel and this setup may not fit to keyboard or mouse users. :wow:
Attached files
RAC_Drift.set - 132 B - 2893 views
Quote from G!NhO :is that your truck in your avatar?

No, but I have a '82 Ford F100 with a 302ci V8
It's a 2wd though
I am going to be the **** of the thread today, I am really tired of ppl asking for drift sets.
In race servers i understand this, each track may have a specific way the setup needs to be in order to complete each race at the fastest possible lap time.
Drifting is another story, you can use 1 set for every track only making minor adjustments to PSI, Camber, maybe even toe in.
But the onlyway to learn is to make your drift set on your own, not someone elses set they've made and know how it works in and out.

My drift set has been made by myself along with great gearing help from different ppl, LSD help from another person. Zombie set haha >.>

i recommend using Race_s set. locking the differential, and run a higher PSI tires. and go from there.
Wow, are you so good that EVERYONE on a server is asking for your setup? Personally, I dont mind giving away or even posting my setups here. Why? Because I know that my setup wont make you better. A setup is probably 25% or a person's skills. The rest is talent and experience. So why are you so scared to give your sets away? It must be a really big problem for you to get you to write a story in the Drift Setups Thread...
Quote from Riders Motion :Wow, are you so good that EVERYONE on a server is asking for your setup? Personally, I dont mind giving away or even posting my setups here. Why? Because I know that my setup wont make you better. A setup is probably 25% or a person's skills. The rest is talent and experience. So why are you so scared to give your sets away? It must be a really big problem for you to get you to write a story in the Drift Setups Thread...

Best.Post.Ever
Quote from Riders Motion :Wow, are you so good that EVERYONE on a server is asking for your setup? Personally, I dont mind giving away or even posting my setups here. Why? Because I know that my setup wont make you better. A setup is probably 25% or a person's skills. The rest is talent and experience. So why are you so scared to give your sets away? It must be a really big problem for you to get you to write a story in the Drift Setups Thread...

lol

I always give my sets to any1,why not make ppl happy?A set requires skill to drive anyway,if the person is good with my set than what? im happy for it.

BTW RM u said something about my camber yesterday,you dont need huge camber to drift awesome,i use -0.2 at rear,-0.9 front.And im sure many drifters can confirm it

Drift Setups Thread
(276 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG