The online racing simulator
Drift Setups Thread
(276 posts, started )
Quote from 3-6-mafia :pls someone send a drift setup in a different format, my computer doesnt read that type of file

What you mean The setup-file goes in:
Quote from Riders Motion :LFS Folder/Data/Settings

You are not supposed to "open and read it"!
[drift1], [drift2] and [drift3] updated to Patch X. Only change is the addition of Clutch Patch differential and Preloading. Enjoy
Erm this is my set...

From the good ole' days of Patch Q. Still using it to challenge others and PWN THEM WELL!

Doesn't have the whatever Clutch Load Preset rubbish. I use the Viscous Diff. Very easy to drift and it's good for beginners too. Experts find it good too. Try it out and ENJOY!

EDIT: My set is for MOUSE-USERS so it's no problem on other controllers. And the set is for XRT.

EDIT2: I just remmebered I had a drift set for XFG. I'll post it here. Very great fun. But you have to learn it to drift it well, WELL WHICH IS A LITTLE DIFFICULT. Take your time to play in it The set is for MOUSE-USERS too.
here's a setup for xr gt turbo =)

works on supers and normals =)
Attached files
XR GT TURBO_Spazeman.set - 132 B - 3186 views
RB4 drit setup RWD !!!
I've tought it would be cool to have an RWD RB4 drift detup it handle really well, for me so there ya go. Cheers !!!
Attached files
RB4 GT_driftRWD.set - 132 B - 5274 views
Let's bump this one to make peoples remember that they actually SHOULD use this topic, instead of making 20495587 drift setups threads
Small update:

Here are two of my best setups.

[drift] = Very competitive setup, using only 30 psi to front and 40 for rear, it is calibrated for high angle from pit exit 'till the tires pops. Easy to control, fast and reliable. It's the setup you want.
[drift2] = A bit more 'normal' setup, this one is slippier than the previous one but it can still keep good angle, better for persons who can't use clutch and don't want to risk a feint to initiate a drift. It can last as long as the other one but will be a bit hard to control at 150+ degree.
As low as possible, as stiff as possible, as unrolling as possible, max bound, max rebound, 100% LSD, zero toe, no ackerman, max steering, normal tires with as low pressure as possible and loads of skill.

That`s my receipt
Quote from Qvarnis :As low as possible, as stiff as possible, as unrolling as possible, max bound, max rebound, 100% LSD, zero toe, no ackerman, max steering, normal tires with as low pressure as possible and loads of skill.

That`s my receipt

I hope I will never eat at your restaurant
Quote from Riders Motion :I hope I will never eat at your restaurant

Haha! Well, I love it, easy to handle and you feel every bump on the road. I mean, it really IS easy to control, doesn`t matter how worn out your tires are.
lx6 ???
Quote from Tzive :lx6 ???

Here you go, this setup was made by a friend of mine, this setup itself is pretty good, but the LX6 ain't my kind of car so I haven't tested too much (Only did 5 laps of FE4R...).
Thanks for sharing

I kinda installed some night mod, and changed all the dir's and it didnt work it also kinda messed up LFS big time, me being so dumb ass not backing up everything then LOSING all my collected setups and make skins.

But oh well, tis only a game.
This is a good one. Thanks for sharing this.

Quote from SKaREO :I'm only a demo driver, been going for about a month or so. I've had a lot of racing experience with Gran Turismo. I also understand how a car works pretty well, so I have some setup experience. I use keyboard and mouse at the moment, its not as good as the wheel and pedals I'm sure but I don't have much trouble keeping up.

This is my first ever drift setup for the XR GT Turbo, and I find it very easy going, nice and smooth drifting around the corners. Once you do a couple laps the tires get to a very nice temperature, you'll get some nice smoke for show drifting. I have the car as low as it will go, so you get nice downforce, good traction while your tires are hot on the surface.

Please let me know how it goes for you after you try it.

Edit: Changed the camber a bit, it feels a bit smoother.

i cant seam to open any of these files to save them. what am i suppose to use? LFS reset itself or something all my old set ups are gone
#42 - shim
setups from X or older versions dont work in Patch Y no more.. there are some apps out there that can convert from the old sets to the new ones..

and one day ill update me old XRT setup i had on setupfield..
Post some FZ50 drift sets that work on Patch Y lads

thanks in advance.
G25 Drift Setup
Can anyone post a good drift setup for xrt to use with logitech g25 on 900 degrees please?
You would have higher chances to get one if you say for what car you want it.
Quote from dbarnett566 :Can anyone post a good drift setup for xrt to use with logitech g25 on 900 degrees please?

Here's what I use. To get used to them, at first try to steer as little as you can and control the car with pedals, once you get the feel for how it needs to be driven start applying handbrake to lenghten your entries and widening the countersteer to the point where you can hold it but not lose it.
Attached files
XRT_Moonclaw.set - 132 B - 3731 views
FZ5_Moonclaw.set - 132 B - 3329 views
Quote from hiroshima guy :Erm this is my set...

From the good ole' days of Patch Q. Still using it to challenge others and PWN THEM WELL!

Doesn't have the whatever Clutch Load Preset rubbish. I use the Viscous Diff. Very easy to drift and it's good for beginners too. Experts find it good too. Try it out and ENJOY!

EDIT: My set is for MOUSE-USERS so it's no problem on other controllers. And the set is for XRT.

EDIT2: I just remmebered I had a drift set for XFG. I'll post it here. Very great fun. But you have to learn it to drift it well, WELL WHICH IS A LITTLE DIFFICULT. Take your time to play in it The set is for MOUSE-USERS too.

Thanks for the mouse one! I like it.
I have layed the setups in LFS folder->data->settings
but, they don't show up in the game.
what is wrong

(noob)
Put them to setups folder and make sure you use three letter/number abbreviations for car names while you are at it.
yeah I know. but this happend after i buy S2 licence, and updated to patch Y

Mr. Kyosho

Drift Setups Thread
(276 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG