The online racing simulator
Drift Setups Thread
(276 posts, started )
Quote from bhs :One day I will understand the need for "drift" setups. When I drift I use my regular racing sets. If you need to make the rear end of your car crippled to drift it you need to learn how to actually drift rather than just power oversteer.

when you are on the cars limit you trie to make adjustments to the setup to make it better to drift with. and power over is NOT what everyone does
Quote from EmaQ :when you are on the cars limit you trie to make adjustments to the setup to make it better to drift with. and power over is NOT what everyone does

I think it too
we don´t..

power over that is..
tha mo powa da mo driftZZZZ
maby u think.. well u can breake the traction more EASY from the road then u drive to get the drift going.. AND u can get more or faster speed on a shorter distans if u have it to..

but in the end u wull maby just trash the rear tyres, hit a wall because i end up going to fast or ramm a dude that´s not THAT fast at all..
i prefer the FZ5 just in fact to have the drift going faster and it´s more ctrl´n in wide angles.. IF u set it up to be..
XRT however is the funniest car to drift with because u don´t TRASH the rears and to be going fast sideway´s with it u have to learn to do that.
D
Thanks buddy
I search for very slidy setup to XRT. I downloaded many setups and
always something is wrong with the setup.

OK, I have been fiddling with this setup for a while... And the duration of the drift will proboby be much longer, Depending on what you use:drink:
EDIT: Check out my XRT Setup too
Attached files
FZ5_Drifty-Drift.set - 132 B - 3089 views
XRT_Drifty-Drift.set - 132 B - 3764 views
Need help!!
Hello everybody I'm new in LFS and in the forum to..but I have just learned some stuffs like LfsTweak and Lfs Tune..but in lfs tweak the programe search the lfs and find it but when search the car he doesn't find the car...What I have to do to find the car?

edit:Sorry my mistake i shouldn't post this here
I'm not sure but I think that LFSTweak is license-protected.
Quote from Subarulp :Hello everybody I'm new in LFS and in the forum to..but I have just learned some stuffs like LfsTweak and Lfs Tune..but in lfs tweak the programe search the lfs and find it but when search the car he doesn't find the car...What I have to do to find the car?

edit:Sorry my mistake i shouldn't post this here

You have to have LFS running and the car you want selected in the garage
Hey Guys!

I'm rather new to the forum, being that this is only my first post. I've been playing LFS for a few months already. I mainly started playing LFS because GRID wouldn't work on my laptop (Video card is rather basic, and doesn't support Shader-3) However, I can run LFS on decent specs rather fine, almost to par with GT4. But, there's clearly some lag once other cars start showing up within my FOV ^_^" (Main reason why I don't try the races. Also, I only wanted to play LFS for the drifting anyway, which I quite enjoy.)

I have an S1 license, since it was all that I could afford at the time, and I only really wanted it so people could view my custom XRG skin when playing on the fat-oil drift server (I'm the only one with a Tokidoki Vacanze-print skin. I'll post a pic once I figure out how to take realistic-looking pics while in replay mode.)
I do plan on grabbing the S2 incremental some time soon. Also, I am running Alpha Z.
My current gamepad is a Logitech Cordless Rumblepad 2, which I have laid out similar to the PS2 controls for GT4, since the controller is identical to a PS2 controller. Luckily, Profiler supports LFS, so I get all the good rumble action. However, I use the right thumb-stick for the throttle and brake, similar to using an R/C car (which I should've tried earlier, because maybe then I would've been able to drift in GT4. lol)

My average score on fat-oil is around 7000 on Blackwood. (unfortunately, I can't do an over9000 joke in this case.) I don't Arab-drift though, I do it all in the corners. To me, if it's not in the curve, it's not worth the swerve. I'm not a noob, but I'm nowhere near Tsuchiya-sama either. I'm sorta just a moderate who knows how to get the car sideways. I originally learned how to drift on my own, using the E-brake, but then eventually, I taught myself how to drift without it.

I forget who gave me my XRG setup, but all I changed to it so far was raise the front suspension up a bit so the wheels wouldn't rub against the wheel wells. However, I'm not sure if that's considered to be redundant or not. I've mainly been drifting the XRG on Blackwood, but I've also tried my hand at drifting the FZ50 on various tracks, which I've had moderate success with. The street track (I forget the name) The Kyoto Ring (both the actual ring, and the full track) and my personal favorite, Westhill. I haven't really tried the XRT all that much, and haven't had that much success with it, mainly due to not being used to the tight gear setups it has. I'm not used to the shift light being 1k-rpm away from the redline, and I always seem to always be in a higher gear than I expect to be in.

I'm fairly happy with my current XRG setup, but I was wondering if you guys might have anything for the XRT or FZ50 that get along well with the Logitech Cordless Rumblepad 2 on a PS2-GT4-style setup. Thanks!

Also, my main home is the Fat-Oil drift server, so if you guys are ever in there. just look for the XRG with black rims and a Tokidoki Vacanze-print skin!
Attached images
vacanze.jpg
#188 - WSR
Welcome to the forum!

(Hopefully you did not throw away/return GRID, as I have it on my non-working computer, its a surprisingly good game when it does work, but not to the standard of LFS ).
Where do you save the setups ?
lfs/data/setup.. =)
I've tried to use numerous setups but they never show up ingame. I put it in Data/Settings but nothing happens. What am I doing wrong?
Quote from Punzor :I've tried to use numerous setups but they never show up ingame. I put it in Data/Settings but nothing happens. What am I doing wrong?

Its lfs/data/setups

Not lfs/data/settings
Check this out, my best setup i ever made! plz comment it))
P.S. here is video with this setup
SKaREO i modded your setting's to XR GT (not turbo) and it handles pretty good! Thank you.
Quote from rudvil :Check this out, my best setup i ever made! plz comment it))

Your a good drifter Maybe i should try your setting
Quote from fast4ever :Your a good drifter Maybe i should try your setting

I forgot to say, this setup is for mouse!
Quote from rudvil :Check this out, my best setup i ever made! plz comment it))

Woah dude, you're amazing
you guys need s2, you should try out XRT drifting
here is my rb4 setup its works the best on austin cadet and i just use the handbrake to drift.
Attached files
RB4_kierans drift.set - 132 B - 1998 views
Quote from skylinekid :OK, I have been fiddling with this setup for a while... And the duration of the drift will proboby be much longer, Depending on what you use:drink:
EDIT: Check out my XRT Setup too

I tried the XRT set-up last night as i just downloaded the current Z-patch from the previous V patch i had (couldn't get set-ups to cross over). But it worked really well. I may tweak it a bit but off the bat i was able to be sideways pretty easily with good control.

Drift Setups Thread
(276 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG