The online racing simulator
What about a possibility for a centralized ban-database from where you can download a list of most often banned usernames/users and you can apply it to your host/server
- Parts like bumper, wings that takes off from the car when you have a violent accident to add some dynamism around the track. Exhaust smoke and improved tire smoke might help too.

- A redesigned garage might make a better impression to newcomers as well.

- An odometer in each car that shows how much km/miles you've driven with it and stats that shows how much money has been spent to repair each cars you have in your garage. The purpose is to give some sort of "individual feel" toward your car instead of feeling like you have exactly the same car as everyone else. I'm really looking forward to hospital fees stats with ragdoll physics.. ok nevermind. ^^
I would like to see an "save as mp4 file" option in the replay section. It could contain following options: User can select what kind of replay is converted to video: a) wich car b) from what view
In public server list, for X/Y tracks the layout name would be displayed instead of just 'X' or 'Y'
It's great being able to place more objects in the track editor but imagine if we could also start on a complete blank map and add different chunks of road and elevation change to build the layout that we want. There could be some presets for the ground like grass, sand, dirt, water and some presets for the "background box" and then you just keep adding chunks of road the way you want around the environment just like you place a slab or a ramp in the current editor. Whether it's a highway to simulate a Outrun-like cruising at full speed, a touge on a steep mountain side or an intense rally track, it would spawn a huge number of new tracks of all kind and for all taste.

Two big downsides of modding are the ever-mismatches and the ripping of contents from other games. This in-game track editor (or in a separate executable like LFS viewer who knows) would upload the track data straight to a newcomer who join a server in a few seconds like we do for the car skins so there would never be a mismatch. Creating the track within the editor also prevent the use of stolen copyrighted materials from other games.

I know the developers got way more important priorities but I just though that eventually it would be great to create stuffs inside Live for Speed and it would spread countless videos with original stuffs that would attract new players as well.
IMO very important and easy improvement for next release (please support this with +1 comments Smile))

- IMPROVE DEFAULT SETUP OF XFG BY AT LEAST REDUCING BRAKE FORCE
- IN MULTIPLAYER SERVER LIST BY DEFAULT SHOW ALSO EMPTY SERVERS

with these two improvements we will get much more happier newbies to LFS I think?
I would like a feature where car cannot be reset during a series of small sprint races. Lets say we will race ten races of five laps. If you damage your car on first race, you should handle with the damage all rest of races in the serie.
Quote from lucaf :I would like a feature where car cannot be reset during a series of small sprint races. Lets say we will race ten races of five laps. If you damage your car on first race, you should handle with the damage all rest of races in the serie.

This is technically already possible but you'd need to write an InSim application to re-spawn the cars for you. Nice idea though.
Another suggestion: I am bit annoyed to see flipped cars in almost any races and events. That is not - IMO - reality. There is something to fix in physics and gravity? Now it feels like driving on the moon - a small bump or curb in cuve and flip, there you go upside down. I feel this maybe the most annoying thing in this game, since it ruins many nice races. Any +1 for this?`

edit: most annoying thing = the only annoying thing! (otherwise the game is just a-we-so-me)
Wish: Longer names for setups
Quote from lucaf :Wish: Longer names for setups

...and comments field for setups. I mean - you cannot possibly remember how every setup was,how long it lasts and if it needs an improvement.
When cars touch each others - if they touch very very little, the sound could be smoother. Sometimes you just get frightened by the loud sound of touch (and react by slowing down etc.), even the touch is harmful
This section should be probably updated though... many things have done, and many new things occurred Smile
Sad to say but wishing also longer ban possibility than 999 days Big grin
Quote from lucaf :Sad to say but wishing also longer ban possibility than 999 days Big grin

Now where this come from? why? Big grin
2.7 years isn't long enough for hacker scum. Dead banana
This surely has been already suggested: engine (water) temp sensor and engine overheat possibility?

also in layout possibility to add gravel surfaces
-
(johneysvk) DELETED by johneysvk : nvm
In the public server list: add option to filter server names. Now for example i would like to filter away all servers with name "DRIFT". Okay I can filter with CAR RESET flag, but then I will not see some interesting servers I would like to join
Quote from lucaf :In the public server list: add option to filter server names. Now for example i would like to filter away all servers with name "DRIFT". Okay I can filter with CAR RESET flag, but then I will not see some interesting servers I would like to join

I give +1 for this thing, though not need on these days because simply not enough populated servers. hah hah.
Also CAR FILTER (in public server list) needs little improvement. I never drive formulas, so I would like to filter away servers that runs ONLY formulas (not those that run all cars). That is not currently possible. If I mark formulas red, then I will not see servers where is possible drive both standard cars and formulas.
New suggestion: Since QUALIFICATION mode is used much also as "time attack" session (without racing after the session), I wish that the result list would display separate entries if I drive many different cars in the session. Now I have to resolve the problem by renaming my nickname for each separate car.

Alternative for this, is to have separate TIME ATTACK mode instead of qualification, kind of hotlapping on public serv. (that would be in fact more logical solution)
New suggestion: We need better forum for suggestions. We need a forum where each suggestion can be voted for example ("good", "no good" etc) so developers could easily find suggestions that receive much votes
Quote from lucaf :New suggestion: We need better forum for suggestions. We need a forum where each suggestion can be voted for example ("good", "no good" etc) so developers could easily find suggestions that receive much votes

There is so many suggestions already that... WOW look at all of them...

BESIDES, this needs to be updated
Suggestion for layouts: more lenght options for slabs and ramps, now there are options like 8.00m and 16.00m, is it complicated to make free lenght? User could enter how many meters. I need longer pieces Smile Would be useful when building long bridges - now long bridge requires to make long chain of pieces and I cannot move the whole bridge at once because I cannot multiselect all those pieces at the same time.

Also I wish some change in the public server list in the TRACK NAME column, in case its an open configuration. I have couple of layouts of mixed surface (rallycross & tarmac) and it is misleading if the TRACK NAME just says "Fern Bay Rallycross" and the result is, that everyone who doesnt like 100% rallycross, probably will not join the server. So in my opinion the TRACK NAME column should display the layout name, wich of course then encourages layout creators to give "names" for their track.

Suggested improvements log [READ before making a new thread]
(872 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG