The online racing simulator
Aaaah yes, the battles were driven. I had to wait for the A-finals.

Went pretty well.
I qualified 5th out of 60 with 90 points out of 100.
I lost my first battle due to going offtrack in the chase run. I initiated on a wet patch and came on dry where the car suddenly came straight and i skimmed the kitty litter
On sunday there was a Big Entry Competition wich I won
Next one 12-14 September!
Acura TL type-s
Update: new rims and tires, too much grip though; now it needs a better driver than me!
Attached images
Toym1lfs.jpg
toym2lfs.jpg
toym3lfs.jpg
Looks good!

I'm now in a debate with myself, wether I should go for a 2JZ or a BMW V8 with supercharger for next year.

Supercharger would be great as it just feels N/A and has the V8 torque along with it.
2JZ's (Toyota 3.0 Twin Turbo engine) have a very strong bottom end and has allot of possibilities for future upgrades... And I think if I could go with the 2JZ, I would start out with small mods to bring it up to around 450bhp. Should be pretty safe with the right mapping.

I will have around 6000-7000€ to do a swap.
Why not the best v8 - LSx?
Quote from Scrabby :Looks good!

I'm now in a debate with myself, wether I should go for a 2JZ or a BMW V8 with supercharger for next year.

Supercharger would be great as it just feels N/A and has the V8 torque along with it.
2JZ's (Toyota 3.0 Twin Turbo engine) have a very strong bottom end and has allot of possibilities for future upgrades... And I think if I could go with the 2JZ, I would start out with small mods to bring it up to around 450bhp. Should be pretty safe with the right mapping.

I will have around 6000-7000€ to do a swap.

2JZ!! Even in a bimmer it's acceptable. V8 is meh, sadly it's a new trend in drifting, bang it into 4th gear, play with the throttle and solve it with torque. Me no likey! I would say 2JZ with a turbo would be pretty sex, getting used to the turbo could be a challenge. Unless you want pussy ALS.
Why is ALS pussy though...
To me it's not about what is trending and what not. I want the best solution for me.
The rapid growth of V8's in drifting makes perfect sense and it's all down to the driver though. If you're used to me to drive with less power and work hard, you'll drive hard again with another engine. If you're used to big power right away, you'll just rely on power and not getting everything out of the car as possible.

I won't change my drivingstyle after an engine swap
I think it would be amazing if I can keep driving like this, just with more power. Able to initiate harder, to keep up with the bigger guys etc...

2JZ is great either but not sure if I'm going to like the turbo lag. Turbo also brings more complexity to the build. So chances are big that I'll go with the V8. Also partswise. BMW V8's, gearboxes are so much more available over here than the Japanese stuff.

I'm just searching all the parts now and see what is easiest/best. For now it's the V8.
Quote from Keling :Why is ALS pussy though...

Excuse my upcoming rage.

Pro drivers can deal with the lag and keep adding throttle to keep the pressure up. ALS makes a turbo powered car noob proof... I have no probs with in in rally or any other timed races... but when drifting is about showing off your skills, don't use any dummy help. Same goes for those silly huge angle steering angle kits ( pic )... adding a bit more is fine, but when you can't make the car spin because it has enough angle to avoid that is kinda ridiculous too. Even if it looks good.

Being a drifter fan I don't really like where we're heading to. In 2005-6 when drifting kicked in in Hungary, people were bashing underpowered 25i bimmers and AE86s. Now what do we have? Shitty V8 in every single bimmers, AEs totally disappeared, there are a very few jap cars around... I miss those times when you actually had to try hard to keep a car sideways, kicking the clutch like a madman. I still fap over those old japanese videos, where AE86s were bashed around the track. Now that was some car control.

And Scrabby, I like the current state of your car. I understand you want more power, everyone does. It was great to see you kicking ass with a lower powered car among those much powerful ones in those leagues you took part in. It just means you can actually drive well. But then again, good luck with the project, I hope you choose 2JZ. Those engines are bulletproof.

Quote from Scrabby :
I'm just searching all the parts now and see what is easiest/best. For now it's the V8.

I'm sure you heard about Adam Kerenyi, maybe check his specs, he's doing miracles with that car... http://kerenyidrift.com/car.html Too much out of budget?
Quote from Töki (HUN) :Excuse my upcoming rage.

Pro drivers can deal with the lag and keep adding throttle to keep the pressure up. ALS makes a turbo powered car noob proof... I have no probs with in in rally or any other timed races... but when drifting is about showing off your skills, don't use any dummy help. Same goes for those silly huge angle steering angle kits ( pic )... adding a bit more is fine, but when you can't make the car spin because it has enough angle to avoid that is kinda ridiculous too. Even if it looks good.

Being a drifter fan I don't really like where we're heading to. In 2005-6 when drifting kicked in in Hungary, people were bashing underpowered 25i bimmers and AE86s. Now what do we have? Shitty V8 in every single bimmers, AEs totally disappeared, there are a very few jap cars around... I miss those times when you actually had to try hard to keep a car sideways, kicking the clutch like a madman. I still fap over those old japanese videos, where AE86s were bashed around the track. Now that was some car control.

And Scrabby, I like the current state of your car. I understand you want more power, everyone does. It was great to see you kicking ass with a lower powered car among those much powerful ones in those leagues you took part in. It just means you can actually drive well. But then again, good luck with the project, I hope you choose 2JZ. Those engines are bulletproof.

I'm sure you heard about Adam Kerenyi, maybe check his specs, he's doing miracles with that car... http://kerenyidrift.com/car.html Too much out of budget?

Yeah I know, I really do like the japanese cars and the styling around it. If I could afford it, I'd buy a JZX100 and do amazing things with it, low, cool aero, wheels etc...

I also do enjoy kicking ass in my lower powered car, really improves skills. But I also do enjoy competition and I'm doing pretty well but just need more reliable power. 2JZ is strong indeed as you said, so I could always go that way though! Biggest problem is my budget, wich isn't that big as allot of guys. Adam's car is also a high budget car wich is out of my league. But we'll see

The sport is growing and so are the cars etc... My power is very low these days. If you have 400-450bhp, it's okay. Many many people drifting with 500+. But allot of them have their own workshop or just have allot of money
not mine, but my mum's boyfriends.

Gave it a good valet/detail today

Before

After

Before

After

process was: hoover & clean interior including both boots, clean interior glass --->move to outside, remove bugs and tar, clean wheels, rinse and shampoo car, dry, dress tyres, dress plastics, clean outside glass, full hand polish, full hand wax and polish the exhaust tip.
Quote from Omar1 :not mine, but my mum's boyfriends.

Gave it a good valet/detail today

Hope you either got paid or got to drive the damn thing.
its not worth driving that crap lol
did your mums boyfriend enjoy that you polished his exhaust tip?
Quote from Shotglass :did your mums boyfriend enjoy that you polished his exhaust tip?

Gave it a good spit shine to get things off.
he was very satisfied

got 30 quid for it
for 30?! in a car wash the mini valet is 70
Quote from e2mustang :for 30?! in a car wash the mini valet is 70

around here it's around 40-50 for everything i done. i'd like to start doing it for people and not just family though
Quote from Omar1 :around here it's around 40-50 for everything i done. i'd like to start doing it for people and not just family though

You seem to do a good job, and more imortantly, you seem to have a passion for it... Do it!
Quote from jibber :You seem to do a good job, and more imortantly, you seem to have a passion for it... Do it!

Thank you, i have tried advertising myself and my services locally but havent had any response yet which sucks. I really do enjoy it for some reason
picked up replacement for my old 528 E39
Attached images
fram.jpg
sida.jpg
Quote from Omar1 :Thank you, i have tried advertising myself and my services locally but havent had any response yet which sucks. I really do enjoy it for some reason

I'm not very good with this stuff... but i would perhaps make a website to advertise your work and start to fill it with examples of your work. Advertise in local papers, mouth to mouth advertising, post in forums... as i say, i'm not good with this stuff. However, i imagine you'll have to keep at it and build up a small network over the years. Will take some time until the world will take notice (but i think that's normal).

What i tried to say ultimately... follow your passion!
Quote from jibber :mouth to mouth advertising

Ah yes, I believe it was the French who first pioneered such advertising strategies, with great effect.
Quote from Omar1 :Thank you, i have tried advertising myself and my services locally but havent had any response yet which sucks. I really do enjoy it for some reason

Target local office parks. There's a guy who cleans my car who does just that. The key thing is make your prices extremely hard to turn down.

Post your Car two
(2437 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG