The online racing simulator
I've had a friend who was selling one a while ago and steering buttons were not working on that unit. I shall look into it further. But I'd prefer a build-in unit rather then a flip-up. Looks a bit ricer to me...
I would love to have a Dynavin, but I must win the lottery first.
Nah, they're actually pretty fun to drive. What engine is in it?
Quote from Scrabby :Nah, they're actually pretty fun to drive. What engine is in it?

I got the M44 in mine. The US only got the M42 or M44.

Coming from an E39 M5, it is a very humble car. I do like it, but I am getting sick of working on it out in the cold. I keep finding more things wrong with it that I don't have time to fix, or it is too cold for me to be working on it.

Once I come back from school this summer, the work resumes. Vacuum and fuel hoses, PCV, power steering hoses, cooling hoses, brakes and some rust prevention. Will need to get an alignment check to see if I need subframe and RTAB bushings.
What happened to the E39?
Ah shame, swap a boosted S52 in there, lot's to find in the US

I half thought you were kidding. Any idea what happened?
diagnosed a leaky fuel injector, but the fire started in the left front corner, so that cant be it. a few weeks ago i installed cheapo angel eyes in the cold, and after wiring them in, was very disapointed, unplugged them, and called it a day.

the wiring job was very poor because it was very cold, and i have a feeling i spelled my own fate with that one. fire looks to have started right there.
Quote from logitekg25 :diagnosed a leaky fuel injector, but the fire started in the left front corner, so that cant be it. a few weeks ago i installed cheapo angel eyes in the cold, and after wiring them in, was very disapointed, unplugged them, and called it a day.

the wiring job was very poor because it was very cold, and i have a feeling i spelled my own fate with that one. fire looks to have started right there.

Ouch, that's sad. Wiring sounds easy, but I still let an electrician do EVERYTHING. There are shitloads of cheap chinese AE-s around sadly, sometimes even I laugh at the pics, even an amateur can see how poor quality they are.
Quote from Bose321 :What happened to the E39?

Sold it to my cousin. This car is much easier to live with being a college student. However, I'm still fixing little things wrong with it so I can't take it to school yet.
Quote from Scrabby :Ah shame, swap a boosted S52 in there, lot's to find in the US

S52 would be fun, especially since it is pretty light. I do want to autox this thing though, so money will be poured into fixing it up and good suspension first.
Quote from Michel 4AGE :No cool wheels, shiny paint or hot girls there

What forum have you been reading up on?
Quote from MINIz guy :

I'm on BF.com too, I remembered your car.. you can see me posting above you in the trunk impaired forum.
Quote from MINIz guy :Sold it to my cousin. This car is much easier to live with being a college student. However, I'm still fixing little things wrong with it so I can't take it to school yet.

S52 would be fun, especially since it is pretty light. I do want to autox this thing though, so money will be poured into fixing it up and good suspension first.

How high are college costs over there? I am a college student as well and own an E90 (fully registered and insured in my name, so not parents)
Quote from mamoru :How high are college costs over there? I am a college student as well and own an E90 (fully registered and insured in my name, so not parents)

That's not exactly your average car for a Dutch student.. If you've paid it yourself plus all the costs like insurance and maintenance then you should know even middle aged people with a good job can't even afford a new-ish BMW like yours.
Indeed wtf
He has a side job as a bank robber. No big deal.
Quote from mamoru :How high are college costs over there? I am a college student as well and own an E90 (fully registered and insured in my name, so not parents)

Insured by you , payed by parents
College students over here can hardly afford an E36 either. Most of them are happy if they can get along without student loan (those who are not supported by parents). But yeah this is crappy Hungary, comparing it to western countries makes no sense.
Quote from Töki (HUN) :College students over here can hardly afford an E36 either. Most of them are happy if they can get along without student loan (those who are not supported by parents). But yeah this is crappy Hungary, comparing it to western countries makes no sense.

Whereas in the UK having a student loan is considered "no big deal" - I only know of one person (of those who went to University, obviously) who doesn't have a student loan, and that's because her parents are very rich / her immigration status would of made it difficult to get a student loan.

Mines something like £25k...
Quote from Jakg :Whereas in the UK having a student loan is considered "no big deal" - I only know of one person (of those who went to University, obviously) who doesn't have a student loan, and that's because her parents are very rich / her immigration status would of made it difficult to get a student loan.

Mines something like £25k...

Yeah, but as far as I know you have to pay for uni. We don't, state pays 12 semesters, above that we have to pay. Which is good, yet a lot of students need loan. Only for rent/food/transport.
Quote from Töki (HUN) :Yeah, but as far as I know you have to pay for uni. We don't, state pays 12 semesters, above that we have to pay. Which is good, yet a lot of students need loan. Only for rent/food/transport.

Ah ok - in the UK you pay the first £x* the state pays the rest. You also get a loan to cover maintenance costs (rent, food etc).

* was ~£3k for a while, over the last year or two this has risen to £9k. Most degrees actually cost £10k a year, with some (medicine for example) costing around £20k.

Different Universities tend to be roughly the same cost, but of course as your only paying the first £x the cost is the same anyway, which is much nicer (from a students point of view) than the US system where a top-tier University may be just too expensive.
Quote from Töki (HUN) :College students over here can hardly afford an E36 either. Most of them are happy if they can get along without student loan (those who are not supported by parents). But yeah this is crappy Hungary, comparing it to western countries makes no sense.

lol, in crappy Latvia college students drives X5, etc

$15k a semester, 2 semesters each school year. And that is with my scholarship. It would be double that if I didn't have a scholarship!

Post your Car two
(2437 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG