The online racing simulator
Nice car! Love the rims and that red stripe.
After I very sadly had to part with my pride and joy e36 328i sport coupe about 2 years ago, it's been sold on and on, used, abused, broken, but by a twist of fate the guy I originally sold it to now has it back, it's currently got a new m52 engine ready to go in, an m3 diff is on it's way, as are US spec m3 cams, lightened pulleys, a new vanos unit, enlarged throttle body and an m50 manifold, then it's going for a remap and should be well in 250bhp territory

Attached images
image.jpg
She's daycent!
Also get rid of those cheap aftermarket headlights.
They've gone already I think, it had standards in when I had it and one of the few owners before my mate got it back has fitted them but also left the originals with the car, the standard lights did have aftermarket angel eye rings fitted to them but they were as similar to a standard look as you could get, not the tarty max power style blingy ones lol
I recently sold my e30 330i (s50b30us) and bought another beamer, 5 in a row
12/95 cosmos swartz 328 manual, no sunroof, all poly bushings, coilovers, e46 330i big brakes (325mm), custom made larger steering angle (I don't even drift that much, it's also great for parking in tight spaces) front and rear strut brace + x_brace (underneath) 3.15 lsd with 4 plates, 50% lock (stock is 2.93 with 2 plates, 25% lock) custom made stainless steel exhaust (cat's deleted) custom made single mass (7kg) flywheel, engine after fresh rebuild, higher compression ratio 11.0:1 (stock 10.2:1), new vanos seals, m50 intake, oil catch tank.

No idea about the aftermarket wheels, I like the size, width and overall fitment, need to weigh them, if they will weigh the same as the oem R17 wheels or heavier, they will definitely go, because the unsprung mass is everything
Just posting some pics of my first season drifting my E34.

During offseason i'm planning to change the steering system for a E36 one and install wisefab. Also i'm thinking of an engine swap, probably an LS, but I recently got a great deal on a 2JZ, so I'm not really sure yet. I'll keep you guys informed anyway.

Cheers
Deposit on the corsa has been left and it's going on saturday for £750. PROFITTTTTT
I wan't to buy winterbeater, not willing to spend more than ~£400
must be petrol, manual, rwd + fresh MOT (if possible)
Not a lot of options for such little $
Witch one is better?
Ford Scorpio mk1 2.0 or Opel Omega B1 2.0 16v?
Quote from kars19 :I wan't to buy winterbeater, not willing to spend more than ~£400
Witch one is better?

im sure u can buy e30 or even e36 for that much
Quote from e2mustang :
Quote from kars19 :I wan't to buy winterbeater, not willing to spend more than ~£400
Witch one is better?

E30 impossible...(they are future classics) cheapest one with MOT = 1000 euro
http://www.ss.lv/msg/lv/transport/cars/bmw/318/bxhil.html
E36 doable, but they are in really bad shape
Cheapest one with MOT (02/2015) = 450 euro
http://www.ss.lv/msg/lv/transport/cars/bmw/318/ekdmh.html
I'd go for an E30 Touring 325. Tourings are generally cheaper.
Quote from Nadeo4441 :I'd go for an E30 Touring 325. Tourings are generally cheaper.

Cheapest one = 1900 euro, just forget about the E30 they are way out of my budget
*I am not willing to spend more then 600 euro
I would go for the Omega. Did you have a look at old Volvos?
Gave the corsa a final cleanup before it goes tomorrow

Never tried cleaning in there on any car, really happy with how it came out

voi-la
Quote from kars19 :
Quote from e2mustang :
Witch one is better?

E30 impossible...(they are future classics) cheapest one with MOT = 1000 euro
http://www.ss.lv/msg/lv/transport/cars/bmw/318/bxhil.html
E36 doable, but they are in really bad shape
Cheapest one with MOT (02/2015) = 450 euro
http://www.ss.lv/msg/lv/transport/cars/bmw/318/ekdmh.html

u were talking in pounds so i suspected ur in uk now,and yes u can buy here e30 and e36 for that much
-
(z13) DELETED by z13
-
(z13) DELETED by z13
Believe it or not, 1WD can be fun if you're good enough.
Quote from Omar1 :Gave the corsa a final cleanup before it goes tomorrow

Never tried cleaning in there on any car, really happy with how it came out

voi-la

You've got it easy!.. this is a 50/50 of the bonnet of a Fiesta I got asked to detail before it goes up for sale:

Thankfully not all panels are quite this bad (although most aren't good), but I'm 10 hours in on the machining alone and have only done one side, bonnet, front bumper and roof!

Cheers..

Ian
Quote from Ian.H :

You've got it easy!.. this is a 50/50 of the bonnet of a Fiesta I got asked to detail before it goes up for sale:

Thankfully not all panels are quite this bad (although most aren't good), but I'm 10 hours in on the machining alone and have only done one side, bonnet, front bumper and roof!

Cheers..

Ian

What's your process? my sister has a black 1999 fiesta and i'm planning to use it to practice swirl removal on :P

Quote from Omar1 :
What's your process? my sister has a black 1999 fiesta and i'm planning to use it to practice swirl removal on :P

That'll be a good starter as the Ford paint is relatively soft (BMW paint is like polishing ceramic!)..

My usual process is:
  • Snow foam
  • Wash
  • Tardis around the bottom to remove any tar contaminates
  • Claybar
  • Wash
  • Dry
  • Polish*
  • IPA wipedown
  • Wash
  • Dry
  • 2 layers of wax
  • Layer of quick detail
My preferred washing solution is Optimum No Rinse. Wash and dry a panel at a time.. it's great!

* The polishing stage with this I started with a Lake Country orange hydro pad with Menzerna PF2300 polish, but then swapped this to a Lake COuntry blue hydro pad and Menz FG400 as I needed more cutting power. This was all done with a DAS6 Pro DA polisher (this is what you'll want to start with... and if I was starting again, the kit I'd get as it comes with pads and polish too).

Once I'd removed the swirls and was happy, it was then refined with a Lake Country red hydro pad and PF4500 finishing pad and polish.

Wax-wise, if you want a big bang for your buck, FinishKare 1000P.. great longevity, easy to apply also works great on wheels, and £18 for a tin.. I still have 1/4 left in mine and have had it for ~18 months and it gets used regularly.

I've started usin Sonax Xtreme Shine Detailer for the quick detail spray. This stuff's amazing.. repels water really well and helps give a great deep shine.

The important thing is to take your time, enjoy what you're doing and the results will happen.. and like many things, the preparation is key.. to get the "ultimate shine" at the end of the job, the hard work is in the pre-polish and polishing stages rather than the sealants or waxes your put on after.. and if the paint's looked after once it's been machined, then all you need to do is wash it (with 2 buckets!) regularly and I just top it up with the quick detailer and then re-wax it once a month.

Hope this is useful

Cheers..

Ian
Found out there's quite a few owners in my area, here's another from today:

Post your Car two
(2437 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG