The online racing simulator
Quote from e2mustang :00 S class? those have the bigges rust issues on bottom of doors mostly. it was a recall

Oh yeah, they are a swine for rust. They come with a 30 year rust warranty but even though there are still a lot that have suffered the tinworm. A chap I know in the RR owners club had an 00 S-Class which had rusted so badly the suspension was not attached to the vehicle. MB said it was unfixable. It was only 6 years old.

[edit: He had a 03 S-Class derv]
I'd get a respray in original colour as i rather like it after polishing it
It's a good color.

Quote from P5YcHoM4N :..which had rusted so badly the suspension was not attached to the vehicle. MB said it was unfixable. It was only 6 years old..

Wow, that's pathetic.
Quote from Derv94 :Yeah been considering lips, unsure of where i want to go with the car yet though. Either really nice and simple with leather buckets, leather wheel and nice subtle lip and spoiler or go balls out with a huge BGW and front splitter

Just do up the little trim and pieces inside the car, a nice Nardi Wheel and some good wax outside!

It's way too easy to go crazy in mx5 mods, so better do it bit by bit and give it some time to sink in.

My interior project is starting too, will wrap seats in leather, some retro switches and nardi wheel thrown in, removing the sterero system all together and replace it with a DIY clock + storage compartment unit.

The original audio is really hopeless, my wireless SoundFreaq has more punch! so I am making a bracket behind the seats and basically have myself a portable audio system.
Not smart to go without an airbag if you are not racing.
I have a suede momo wheel on the way along with a quick release hub just for added security, i'll finish the detailing off the weekend after i've got insured on it if i can manage to stop driving it
Quote from CheerioDM :Not smart to go without an airbag if you are not racing.

You have to give something if you want to own a classic car, that's just the way it is.

Everyone can afford a MX5, but it takes a level of selfishness and commitment to actually live with one, to me that's the charm.
Quote from Derv94 :I have a suede momo wheel on the way along with a quick release hub just for added security, i'll finish the detailing off the weekend after i've got insured on it if i can manage to stop driving it

Have you checked the wheel offset + the adapter and see if you need new seats to fit? The wheel will probably be a little closer to you then the pedals.
Quote from CheerioDM :Not smart to go without an airbag if you are not racing.

Old tech airbags & new ones aren't exactly the same cup of tea. Personally I don't feel that safe around such dated ones & would rather they be removed anyways, especially when they're literally right in your face. I've disconnected my driver's side bag and fooled the light with some resistors.
Quote from JJ72 :Have you checked the wheel offset + the adapter and see if you need new seats to fit? The wheel will probably be a little closer to you then the pedals.

I haven't yet, i may get a custom boss made to fit the hub to the wheel that will be much thinner. The seats are starting to tear at the drivers bolster so they'll need retrimming or replacing
Quote from Stefani24 :Keep it nice and tidy, you might regret putting something hideous like a huge front splitter on it later on.

It looks neat on a MK1 MX-5, but it might not be the same in the newer model.

And yes, that car is driven daily with the same look, with the exception of stickers removed.
MERICA http://imgur.com/b2r1a

This seem quite different from all the other posts I have seen but here is my car.
Quote from nikopdr :

It looks neat on a MK1 MX-5, but it might not be the same in the newer model.

And yes, that car is driven daily with the same look, with the exception of stickers removed.

I'd still take the one behind, since I'm just not a big fan of overly big parts on small cars, like that rear wing. Just not something I would do. At all. The only acceptable huge rear wing is the one on the Plymouth Superbird.
Quote from Tinytacohead :Old tech airbags & new ones aren't exactly the same cup of tea. Personally I don't feel that safe around such dated ones & would rather they be removed anyways, especially when they're literally right in your face. I've disconnected my driver's side bag and fooled the light with some resistors.

Airbags need to be replaced every 10 years to guarantee they'll go off when you need them. Unless you're sat in the correct position they have a tendency to do a lot of damage too. If you're short, disable the airbag. If you're fat, disable the airbag. You have to be the average build for one to deploy safely.
I've always been taught that seatbelts are fairly useless too. In the event of a bad crash, your best bet is be ejected through the windshield and thrown clear of any danger. This is especially true in convertables where you could safely land 100-300 feet away from the dangerous impact debris as long as you're not strapped to the seat like a crash test dummy. No one died in car crashes before they started putting 'safety' devices in.
You have to be trolling mike. In some rare cases probably being thrown from the wreck is a good thing, but in 99.9% of crashes at seat-belt is the foremost thing that helps a person survive.

too much temptation... i'd rather get it painted professionally, though

and there's about 0,0001% my astra would be painted like that
Some people in this thread genuinely scare me.
New wheel arrived today, will be fitting it as soon as my quick release boss comes
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :Airbags need to be replaced every 10 years to guarantee they'll go off when you need them. Unless you're sat in the correct position they have a tendency to do a lot of damage too. If you're short, disable the airbag. If you're fat, disable the airbag. You have to be the average build for one to deploy safely..

I'm not the average build but was also referring to their design. (as well as more oriented towards very small cars) I've seen rather new ones from the same era cause more harm than good in your average fenderbender/all but the most extreme circumstances & thus have never trusted earlier ones. (I definitely always wear a seatbelt though!)

Quote from nikopdr :..It looks neat on a MK1 MX-5, but it might not be the same in the newer model.

At first I was like , then saw your next post. (and remembered some which have come to pass, lol) In your case I'd go with the camo AND the 2nd Miata's wing. I think the combo would suit you well. Hey, trade the white for black & you could be Klutch's bro too, lurking in the night from 5-0!
Quote from Tinytacohead :At first I was like , then saw your next post. (and remembered some which have come to pass, lol) In your case I'd go with the camo AND the 2nd Miata's wing. I think the combo would suit you well. Hey, trade the white for black & you could be Klutch's bro too, lurking in the night from 5-0!

How about no?

I wasn't looking for any pitiful troll responses, I was just thinking about a camo pattern. I can't please everyone with my car taste, but you don't have to really be a bitch about it. It was only a 5-min illustration about my idea I got in my head about my car. Big deal, seriously.

As you can see, I planned to get it painted. yes, a real booth, a real painter, a proper paintjob. But I won't, I won't even make it myself. My upcoming project holds me from doing it, and the inspiration to build something is second to none. And this was after I've ordered some internal stuff to the shoebox, and maybe run it around some trackdays.
Wow, really? You're the one posting monster wings, (saying they "look neat"), & then camo'd Astra's sitting on the ground, and you expect serious responses?
Quote from Tinytacohead :Wow, really? You're the one posting monster wings, (saying they "look neat"), & then camo'd Astra's sitting on the ground, and you expect serious responses?

Not really, but I don't expect someone getting so mad about one's car taste, either.

If you see a race car, do you want to remove a functional wing from that as well? (It's mostly the same, that MX-5 in question has a spoiler that is actually functional and it sees quite a lot of trackday use).

I am not meaning huge wings are nice on a road car, but it's a different thing if the car is actually more race-prepped than only used on public roads.

And I am still saying, the camo was mostly a rather meh idea out of my head illustrated on GIMP in 5 minutes. How hard it was to understand from my last post?
nikopdr, can't you understand, wings are ricer, even if they're functional.
That's one of the reasons why I don't like airplanes, they're so ricey, also F1.
I know somebody who tracks his RX-7 regularly and yes, it has a rather large, functional wing. He removes it for use on the street, as yes.... it looks retarded on the street & has no practical use under like 100mph. (when you posted that pic, it was in response to somebody who seems to be building a mostly street car as well) As far as getting mad, the "" denotes my post being done so in a jokingly manner. The only mad person seems to be you. (well, and maybe the guy questioning the use of seatbelts, lol)

Post your Car two
(2437 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG