The online racing simulator
Allot of sport cars don't come with an LSD or any other type of locking differential.
For Example: An older model Z4 3.0i, pretty fast sports car. No LSD, shame because one would make it much better.

One of the few lighter/slower sports cars I know to have one right now is the Toyota GT86, in contrary to the BRZ who doesn't have one...

It was way more common in the past to have an LSD as an option orso when you bought a new car (RWD that is). Older BMW's, Toyota's etc..
Quote from sinbad :So if they stop for something bigger, like a child, and something is coming the other way, you'll just smash into the back of them and be ok with it?
It's not like the car in front hits a wall and stops dead, it's using its brakes to slow down, and you're saying that you have to go around them to avoid a collision? That's messed up when you think about it.

Perhaps it's time to reconsider your idea of a safe distance behind the car in front.

Quote from Jakg :I hate to be "that guy" but if you can't stop comfortably behind the car in front - your too close.

Luckily my car does stop like it's hit a brick wall so it's not a situation I have to worry about much.

It isn't the stopping, it is how much I get enraged by it. My tank takes about a year to get moving again and having to slam on I get stupidly close to their rear bumper. I live in a tourist area so am constantly behind people doing below the speed limit. As such I'm always trying to get round them. If I leave a big enough gap that I have a safe enough brake distance, I could never overtake anyone as I need so much room to do it.

Yes, I need to work on the road rage issue (unlikely to happen over summer though), but seriously, anyone who slams on for a rabbit or pheasant (9 times out of 10 they move before you're even close enough to hitting them anyway) shouldn't be on the roads.
Quote from Scrabby :Allot of sport cars don't come with an LSD or any other type of locking differential.
For Example: An older model Z4 3.0i, pretty fast sports car. No LSD, shame because one would make it much better.

One of the few lighter/slower sports cars I know to have one right now is the Toyota GT86, in contrary to the BRZ who doesn't have one...

It was way more common in the past to have an LSD as an option orso when you bought a new car (RWD that is). Older BMW's, Toyota's etc..

Well yeah, but Lotus/Opel, you just expect it for obvious reasons. They were designed with track toy in mind, whereas the average BMW, Audi etc - well I won't go there.

As for the BRZ, while we don't get'm with a Toyota badge, dang.. pretty sure ours are all Torsen equipped. (even the automatic with it's taller ratio's) While I'm not a big fan, 3rd gen Miata's, (with factory Bilsteins), all come with an LSD as well.
Yeah, GT86 and FR-S do come with LSD. BRZ is different....

Allot of porsches don't even have an LSD.
That's sad, lol. (US BRZ's are LSD equipped though)

Quote from P5YcHoM4N :It isn't the stopping, it is how much I get enraged by it. My tank takes about a year to get moving again and having to slam on I get stupidly close to their rear bumper. I live in a tourist area so..

Honestly dude, it doesn't sound like you're anybody to be saying who should & shouldn't be on the road..
Quote from jibber :

You are driving an Opel, probably about a 3rd of the price of some of these cars (Porsches mostly). So it's no suprise they are just doing laps whilst you are really going for it.
Quote from BlueFlame :You are driving an Opel, probably about a 3rd of the price of some of these cars (Porsches mostly). So it's no suprise they are just doing laps whilst you are really going for it.

Once again you have no idea what you are talking about.

Most of the cars were driving at the limit (loosing traction, braking as late and hard as possible, upsetting the balance of the car, sliding into and through corners, basically trying to go as fast as possible with occasional errors, etc.).

The guy with the Carrera 4S came to me in the pits telling me he once owned a Lotus Exige, and that he knows my car is on an equal level and he has no chance in his Porsche.

Why don't you just shut your trap and stop showing you have no real life experience with sports cars and trackdays at all?

Best regards...
The kind of people that take Porsches to track days can't ACTUALLY drive properly.
Quote from Tinytacohead :Honestly dude, it doesn't sound like you're anybody to be saying who should & shouldn't be on the road..

Although I've never crashed a car because I tried to avoid hitting a rabbit. In fact, I've never had a crash. Only time I question my own driving is when I get road rage from tits who do 40 everywhere or those who stop for no reason. This includes people who stop in the road to take a photo of the ****ing view. It is as though they were put on the planet to boil my piss.

Thinking about it, during tourist season, I get a lot of road rage. May need to consider moving somewhere with less tourists.
Quote from BlueFlame :The kind of people that take Porsches to track days can't ACTUALLY drive properly.

Have you ever been to a trackday at all?

I've been to seven trackdays with my MX5, S2000 and now the speedster. I've seen people trash their Porsches, Ferraris, Mercedes, Aston Martins, you name it... they drive at the limit, they ruin their tires... one guy even crashed his Aston Martin into the wall because he was overdoing it...

Yesterday two of the Porsches were red flagged and told to take it more easy because they constantly lost their rear and one of them spun out two times.

Occasionally you get a guy that is 70 years old in his 911 Turbo that drives like a granny because he's scared to ruin the car. That's about 1 out of 10 Porsche drivers.

Again... why don't you just stop embarrassing yourself?
He's right, Blueflame. Most trackday drivers in Porsche's, go balls out because that's what they bought the car for. If they crash it, so be it. They have plenty of money.

I know a few guys personally with GT3-RS's, they're crazy and are driving them to the max.

Yes, there are people that can't drive and have such cars. But they mostly just show off on the road with their expensive cars.
But most trackday drivers (over here atleast), do use the cars like they should.
I think a lot of trackday try-hards are not as skillful as they think they are. They drive at the limit of grip for at least part of a corner and certainly don't spare the car, nor are they afraid of crashing, but in competitive racing they would be nowhere. You do get properly good drivers too, but in all sorts of cars, and not always on the ragged edge lap after lap either.
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :Although I've never crashed a car because I tried to avoid hitting a rabbit. In fact, I've never had a crash..

That doesn't excuse driving around like an idiot, (especially in a self professed "slow tank"), or mean you're anybody to judge who should & shouldn't be driving. There're plenty of people out there who've never been in an accident, yet for various reasons have no business on the road.. road rage being a big one.
Yo, I heard you like hot brakes.

Quote from Tinytacohead :That doesn't excuse driving around like an idiot, (especially in a self professed "slow tank"), or mean you're anybody to judge who should & shouldn't be driving. There're plenty of people out there who've never been in an accident, yet for various reasons have no business on the road.. road rage being a big one.

Nothing I've done is idiotic driving. Impatient driving, but I have no intentions of getting myself killed, if I had to stop because an overtake wasn't possible, I'd be on the brakes harder than a proverbial. I can tell when I've stopped hard because it really unsettles the vehicle (3 ton of steel being asked to stop on a dime). Also usually requires me to coast slowly for a fair few yards to cool down the brakes.

Yes, I need to stop getting annoyed by tourists. But anyone who rolls a car for a rabbit, is going to kill someone. But heyho. My problem is solved by changing the tunes and chillaxing, just like I did on way home today, figured **** it and enjoyed the nice weather while stuck behind a convoy of caravans. Migz still needs a new car.
Honestly, writing your roadkill count like some kind of WW2 fighter ace is even more idiotic than hitting an animal which could have been safely avoided.
P5YcHoM4N, (much like BlueFlame), you should learn to quit while you're ahead. ..and on that note, I'm done with the topic.

Sounds great doyal. (Jakg, diesels make all kinds of noises, they're just not favorable ones )
Quote from sinbad :Honestly, writing your roadkill count like some kind of WW2 fighter ace is even more idiotic than hitting an animal which could have been safely avoided.

Quote from sinbad :Honestly, writing your roadkill count like some kind of WW2 fighter ace is even more idiotic than hitting an animal which could have been safely avoided.

Yup, screw animals. Most dangerous thing in the world running over animals, more dangerous than drunk driving while speeding and talking on your mobile. I must be a monster.

If you excuse me, I'll go back to my ridiculously low premiums for never crashing, or getting any motoring convictions. T'is a tough life not causing a crash by avoiding rabbits, but I'll live.
Heres my tally
Quote from Migz :Heres my tally

Damn, your tally is massively impressive. /jelly

You know, not that I care... /wrists

Got my track car engine rebuilt!!! how rough does this sound?? Granted the exhaust was not connected..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sh6Q_qbb6rw

UK E28 5 series turbos are very rare, think this is the 2nd one about.

Megasquirt could do with a proper tune, once I've fitted the new fuel pump

Post your Car two
(2437 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG