The online racing simulator
Post your Car two
(2437 posts, started )
Really? I've got close family in Duanesburg and have visited them regularly since the 80's.. never noticed the plates though. Guess I'll pay more attention next trip.
Am I too late to get in on this conversation about where and how license plates are mounted or does nobody care anymore?
Nobody cares, lol. (especially irollgen4s it seems :razz
To be fair, US plates have shite dimensions and typically shite colors as well. They look horrible when they're placed anywhere but a garage wall.
Quote from Tinytacohead :Good deal. Leaving the spokes black? (thought the grey/green combo of your last set was great)

Spokes will most likely be going grey again, and i'll polish the lips up
Warning, large image below! back to the drawing board.. any ideas how to remove these spray tints?

Also E28 FTW.
back to the way it should be so now its time to tear it down again and send it to cage builder..

I'm so jealous at you right now doyal... I always liked the E28.
Quote from doyal :Warning, large image below! back to the drawing board.. any ideas how to remove these spray tints?

You must be loaded, or your dad is, cos you get a new car every week.
Quote from BlueFlame :You must be loaded, or your dad is, cos you get a new car every week.

No offence to Doyal but I don't think an old BMW in need of restoration is likely to break the bank.
Quote from Jakg :No offence to Doyal but I don't think an old BMW in need of restoration is likely to break the bank.

MX5, Silvia, then a Golf and I think he sold all but the MX5.

But to be honest that BMW doesn't look too bad at all, I don't think he would have bought it otherwise.
so if everything goes well, i'll replace my van with a 2003 honda accord coupe.
Me loaded? I wish The mx5 and the silvia are long gone.. the Golf GTI is my daily car and this BMW is my new project car.

The BMW is not for resto, it will be a track car, and already has some special bits on it. As jakg said, it doesnt hold a large amount of money and is already worth more than I paid for it.

Cheers,

Doyal
Well I'm just thinking how much you've lost financially swapping insurance
I will sell the M3 after Lydden Hill in August. Then I'll buy a E36 320i, swap my good 325i engine in it and make it a road driven drift/track car. Want to do stuff like the Nordschleife etc...
Quote from Scrabby :I will sell the M3 after Lydden Hill in August. Then I'll buy a E36 320i, swap my good 325i engine in it and make it a road driven drift/track car. Want to do stuff like the Nordschleife etc...

So no more serious drifting?
If it's a BMW it can most likely go sideways.
Let me fix that for you:
If it has wheels it can most likely go sideways.
Yeah but that's why I said 'serious' drifting. In serious leagues like BDC you can't expect much from a stock 25i.
Quote from Tinytacohead :Let me fix that for you:
If it has wheels it can most likely go sideways.

Sure but some cars don't go sideways out of the factory.
But I'd really like to see a stock Hyundai Getz getting it on.

Quote from Töki (HUN) :Yeah but that's why I said 'serious' drifting. In serious leagues like BDC you can't expect much from a stock 25i.

Surely, no.

But afaik Scrabby's M3 was already a bit down on power compared to most of the others, correct me if wrong.

Personally I think it's a nice idea, even though for me it comes as a surprise, since you (scrabby) was really starting to move in the drifting world.
Quote from Dennis93 :Sure but some cars don't go sideways out of the factory.
But I'd really like to see a stock Hyundai Getz getting it on..

Don't really get the appeal, but I've seen Civic's & the like doing a pretty good job of it. Also, while I saw "road driven" and using his current engine, I didn't assume stock.
FWD drift?

Wouldn't have brought it up, but he did say Hyundai Getz..
You said if it has wheels it will most likely go sideways.

You brought it on yourself.
Quote from Dennis93 :Sure but some cars don't go sideways out of the factory.
But I'd really like to see a stock Hyundai Getz getting it on.

Surely, no.

But afaik Scrabby's M3 was already a bit down on power compared to most of the others, correct me if wrong.

Personally I think it's a nice idea, even though for me it comes as a surprise, since you (scrabby) was really starting to move in the drifting world.

True, I'm now in the highest class in the BDC. They have the Driftworks 600bhp R32, SATS Motorsport 1000+bhp Supra and all kind of that machinery. I won't be drifting much anyway this year because of the racing program i'm in. Maybe I sell the car and save up to by a better drift car but I just don't have the budget to upgrade it to another engine. I will see... I hope to pick up a decent sponsor this year, but I'm not expecting anything with the few drift events I'll be doing.

Post your Car two
(2437 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG