The online racing simulator
Post your Car two
(2437 posts, started )
High pressure fuel pump decided to die, so my car ended up having to hitch a lift back the other day

thats gonna cost more than the car worth
Quote from e2mustang :thats gonna cost more than the car worth

Not quite that bad, but it's not cheap. Not looking forward to fitting it...!
He meant that the tow costs more then the car.
no i meant the fuel pump. high pressure ones are never cheap
**** me, i broke my car.

went to the drag night at my local race track, was having fun and all.

1/4 mile

first run everything went well. clocked a 16.2@86.67 on my 100%stock land barge.

second run - pull up to the light tree, put it in first then go for it when its the time to do so,only to hear a loud bang and find out that not a single ****ing gear engages.

the car was running fine untill that point. no weird noises at all before it broke. the sudden stress put upon it broke something, most likely the gear selector because i am stuck in neutral.

i am told it must be the gear selector that is broken
Are you sure its the selector and not just a clutch problem?

Note To Self: If you see a rabbit in the road, just run it over next time.
:d
A bunny's life is worth more then this pile of scrap.
10/10, would like to see that.
Quote from Braien93 :A bunny's life is worth more then this pile of scrap.
10/10, would like to see that.

Is a bunny's life worth more then a human life though?
Quote from Migz :Is a bunny's life worth more then a human life though?

Yes. Bunny Is happy, eats carrots and looks cute. And humans... Humans just want to burn the place down.
This is true, happy i avoided the rabbit now haha
Quote from Migz :Is a bunny's life worth more then a human life though?

did u died
Then humans hunt bunny and eat it. Hmmmm bunny
Quote from Migz :
pic

You might want to change your driving style maybe and visit some safety trainings / do some lessons / do a few trackdays.

It seems you have a real problem not crashing your car once in a while.

Quote from jibber :You might want to change your driving style maybe and visit some safety trainings / do some lessons / do a few trackdays.

It seems you have a real problem not crashing your car once in a while.

To be fair, crashed twice since i passed my driving test 3 years ago, so it could be worse. But agree, need to change my driving style.
There is no extra safety training here, or any trackdays.
You crashed your fiat, and your VW two times, that makes three times if i'm not mistaken. That makes three crashes in three years, it's quite a lot.

Try to drive more defensive and look ahead on the road, expect objects/obstacles around corners you can't see and adjust your speed accordingly so you can stop in time, etc. It's really basic stuff...

Someday you're going to harm yourself, or much worse, someone else, and not just the car...
As i said, crashed twice since i passed my test. The fiat was before i had a license.

But yeah i agree, could easily blame flipping the car on something else but fact is i just hadn't paid attention to how wet the road was when i tried to avoid the rabbit.

Oh well, will learn from my mistakes.
Quote from Scrabby :Then humans hunt bunny and eat it. Hmmmm bunny

Bunny taste better than chicken.. mmm, BBQ bunny!

In all seriousness, glad you're Ok Migz. My 2nd MX-3/car, suffered a similar fate.. though due to gravel and an oddly random slide while moving straight @ 30mph. (still not sure what happened) Kicked the windshield out, had some friends help roll it back over, and drove it home though! Made for a great parts donor for my 3rd/current MX-3, haha.
Attached images
n_a2.jpg
Quote from Migz :

holy shit son! glad you're ok!

Quote from lap traffic nz :Are you sure its the selector and not just a clutch problem?

I dont know. the car runs like it should, it is just that the gear does not engage. no matter what gear i put it in, it just revs freely like if i was pressing the clutch but i am not.
Quote from el pibe :holy shit son! glad you're ok!

I dont know. the car runs like it should, it is just that the gear does not engage. no matter what gear i put it in, it just revs freely like if i was pressing the clutch but i am not.

Cheers buddy.
Have you tried having someone randomly changing gear while you have the bonnet open? That way you can look at the gearbox and see if its even changing gears. If it's not changing gears then it must be the gear selector?

Quote from Tinytacohead :Bunny taste better than chicken.. mmm, BBQ bunny!

In all seriousness, glad you're Ok Migz. My 2nd MX-3/car, suffered a similar fate.. though due to gravel & and oddly random slide while moving straight @ 30mph. (still not sure what happened) Kicked the windshield out, had some friends help roll it back over, and drove it home though! Made for a great parts donor for my 3rd/current MX-3, haha.

Haha, thanks, i guess thats the bonus of getting the same car, you can always use parts on the new one
Quote from Migz :Cheers buddy.
Have you tried having someone randomly changing gear while you have the bonnet open? That way you can look at the gearbox and see if its even changing gears. If it's not changing gears then it must be the gear selector?

nope, i havent tried that. it was late at night and i was in panic mode. usually when the car is in gear it just kinda clicks into place, you can feel it through the shifter in some way. well that feel was gone after it broke.

it was fun while it lasted, but right now i dont think it was really worth it. but if i think about it, it is better that i broke down at the race track instead of the highway or even in the middle of the city.

about the time, is it an ok time to do with a car that is stock? my RT was pretty shit at 0.5s though..
Quote from Migz :..i guess thats the bonus of getting the same car, you can always use parts on the new one

Yeah, that was while I was in college.. was PISSED when I came home one day for some parts & my Mom had had it hauled off, unbeknownst to me!!

Post your Car two
(2437 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG