The online racing simulator
I put the little spoiler on also to work with the big spoiler.

I added the skirts today and the cutouts on the wings to help releave the high pressure in the wheel arches. ive got some more vents to cut in the rear.

I cant update the site any more as i dont have access to it.
I got bored on Sunday and decided to fix the shoddy bodywork I had done after the deer accident..they hadn't even bolted the headlight in properly

And all cleaned on wednesday

Quote from R3DMAN :I added the skirts today and the cutouts on the wings to help releave the high pressure in the wheel arches. ive got some more vents to cut in the rear.

I don't quite understand... air pressure building up there? How would you know and how does it affect the performance? I thought race cars had these to enhance ventilation of the brakes.

Quote from R3DMAN :I cant update the site any more as i dont have access to it.

That's weird, isn't it your's? You could copy the existing stuff and continue on another domain, but I guess it would be hard to catch up from 4 years ago.

On a side note, what do Police officers say when they pull you over? No way that splitter could possibly be legal over here, since someone might hurt his feet walking by, let alone get run over in an accident and have half their legs cut off.
No problems with police at all.. If it passes our yearly test (MOT) then its legal.

The vents in the wheel arches are to reduce the buildup of high pressure causing the front to lift up at high speed, adding these vents stopped it.

As for the site, its not my host, i dont have the password to get on it any more and the files afe not backed up so im stuck, unless i re-do everything again which i cant be arsed to do.
Quote from R3DMAN :No problems with police at all.. If it passes our yearly test (MOT) then its legal.

The vents in the wheel arches are to reduce the buildup of high pressure causing the front to lift up at high speed, adding these vents stopped it.

As for the site, its not my host, i dont have the password to get on it any more and the files afe not backed up so im stuck, unless i re-do everything again which i cant be arsed to do.

It surely can't be too hard. the UKCT TS does exist (I forget the port but a FB to the UKCT guys can get it quickly).
@Chris:

It looks more and more like a dedicated track car to me as well. Here in switzerland it would never be allowed on the road like that...
I also missed the updates on your page when i had a look sometimes.

Mine sadly got a hit and run in a parking lot last december, it sits in a garage since then waiting for a new front clam. It's not a lot of damage and they could easily patch it up (front right bumper has a crack and headlight is slightly damaged), but since insurance will pay i'll rather have a new clam. I am not sure they still will make new ones tho... The guy from the garage (swiss speedster guru) says he has an order in, but no answer from them since january. I'm debating to let him patch it up or get a clam from someone like hardtop guy. I miss driving it!
get a jonnyboy clam (lotushardtops) they are pretty spot on quality. you just need to get it shipped.
Quote from jibber :@Chris:

It looks more and more like a dedicated track car to me as well. Here in switzerland it would never be allowed on the road like that...

That's what I really like about UK, you can legally drive there on public roads with some pretty hardcore cars, I guess you generally need just number plates and working lights.

You can even legally drive there with your own bed

Here in Latvia we also got some stupid rules, some of the most retarded - no roll cage, no steal braided brake lines, no brake upgrades with aftermarket parts
Quote from Keling :Number plates check, working lights check. You are good to go!

Safety looks terrible though. I'd rather not get into this thing.

Of course safety looks terrible, it's a friggin bed driving around central London.
Quote from kars19 :That's what I really like about UK, you can legally drive there on public roads with some pretty hardcore cars, I guess you generally need just number plates and working lights.

You can even legally drive there with your own bed

Here in Latvia we also got some stupid rules, some of the most retarded - no roll cage, no steal braided brake lines, no brake upgrades with aftermarket parts

Quote from kars19 :
Here in Latvia we also got some stupid rules, some of the most retarded - no roll cage

Well, a roll cage is actally a safety hazard on public roads, both for others and the driver and passangers ofbthey don't wear a helmet. So that regulation males sense.
-
(z13) DELETED by z13
Big thumbs up for proper tire/wheels combo, not some stanceworks phaggot style - wheels with crazy ET and ridiculously stretched tires
Quote from R3DMAN :get a jonnyboy clam (lotushardtops) they are pretty spot on quality. you just need to get it shipped.

Finally got news from the garage. They should get a new OEM front clam in about four weeks. So if all goes well, i'll be back on the road in mid july... Ahhhh, the waiting!!! I have whitdrawal!
excellent stuff

ive just got news my ECU has been programmed and is being sent back tomorrow

i should have my car back on the road with the new software pushing about 370bhp in about a week
Quote from R3DMAN :
i should have my car back on the road with the new software pushing about 370bhp in about a week

You certainly add the power to back up the looks of your car. 370hp and ca. 900kg?... that sounds mental!
...and my midship just died... Well,that's my own fault - never checked if the generator is charging,probably drove a total 80+km on battery alone. Had to drive to work (~20km) today with car just like yesterday,noticed problems just at the work,but in evening the car was still alive,so I turned off everything that needs power and optimistically drove home,but was 2km short to get back at home,before it run out of electrical juice. Most likely a new generator will solve the problem,I guess,but at least I know that the battery is pretty good!
Quote from Eclipsed :Most likely a new generator will solve the problem,I guess,but at least I know that the battery is pretty good!

At least there's that.
My new daily.

Still have the blue one, just sold the black bomber.
Did you buy your wheels from below the border?
done a few bits for it's MOT; o/s/f coil spring, both anti-roll bar links, brake pads and a n/s/f c.v boot. Oh yeah, middle & rear exhaust and also a washer pump.
Only both rear wheel bearings to do and it'll pass an mot. 2 months until i can actually drive it though..

cleaned up the engine bay abit more

Quote from Blade3562 :My new daily.

Smooth ride, still don't really see the wheels fit though, too 90s for such a classic IMO.
Anyway what sort of interior is that? Back then they certainly didn't come with any form of head rests in the rear, did they?
And what does it look like from underneath? Doors seem to be rotten already.

Quote from Omar1 :cleaned up the engine bay abit more

Eww... not only does it look weird, that silicone stuff will never completely soak in but happily collect every bit of dust it will make contact with. :thumb3d:
Quote from 5tag :Eww... not only does it look weird, that silicone stuff will never completely soak in but happily collect every bit of dust it will make contact with. :thumb3d:

not if u do it properly,i clean mine every few months and barely any dust on it

Post your Car two
(2437 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG