The online racing simulator
Ginhoe, weren't you the guy who always commented on mx5s about how they are hairdressers cars (sorry if i remember incorrectly)?
Quote from G!NhO :Hi

Needs more lowz!

Is it pretty long corn or low car? You decide!

(please no complains about quality,it's taken in pretty dark conditions with compact camera)
Quote from jibber :Ginhoe, weren't you the guy who always commented on mx5s about how they are hairdressers cars (sorry if i remember incorrectly)?

The majority of car guys say that.
Yes i was! And i am still right, i'll cut your hair for 5 pound.
Clio 172.

There's a long list of mods done to it, so I won't list them all lol.
That's a clean lookin Clio if I do say so myself!
dat clio...

meanwhile in ocd land -
Quote from Omar1 :dat clio...

meanwhile in ocd land -

You must have won 1hp with that tuning
Quote from Takumi_lfs :You must have won 1hp with that tuning

Am I blind and not see a difference in the photo except wiped off dirt or is there something special?
Cheers folks

Love doing things like that door shut, it's the lots of little jobs that add up to make the car look overall a lot better
Clio like them a lot but can't stand that wrong wheel drive
Quote from kars19 :Clio like them a lot but can't stand that wrong wheel drive

I can't stand it either, but you have to accept it somehow as McGherkin is from the British Isles, therefore all the cars made there have the driver side on the right side of the interior

Quote from kars19 :wwd = fwd

I know. I was trying to act smart there :-)
Quote from rosewood2 :I can't stand it either, but you have to accept it somehow as McGherkin is from the British Isles, therefore all the cars made there have the driver side on the right side of the interior

wwd = fwd
Noo, he means Front Wheel Drive (FWD) aka Fail Wheel Drive

He's right of course, but it's a daily driver so I don't mind. It still sticks its back out if provoked but obviously not like a proper car can lol.

I'm after a westfield for that, used to mechanic for a mate's one but since that's not mine I didn't post it That one would wipe the floor with a LX6 lol, running about 245bhp, carbon everything so slightly under 500kg. I'll let you work out the power to weight on that
Quote from McGherkin :Noo, he means Front Wheel Drive (FWD) aka Fail Wheel Drive

He's right of course, but it's a daily driver so I don't mind. It still sticks its back out if provoked but obviously not like a proper car can lol.

I'm after a westfield for that, used to mechanic for a mate's one but since that's not mine I didn't post it That one would wipe the floor with a LX6 lol, running about 245bhp, carbon everything so slightly under 500kg. I'll let you work out the power to weight on that

~490 bhp/ton? And yes, I know the back sliding out like a Fail Wheel Drive car should.
Mmm, love the noise of twin carbs.

AFR is a bit rich though?
Quote from [RF]-art555 :Am I blind and not see a difference in the photo except wiped off dirt or is there something special?

it was nasty grease which i never thought of trying to remove, it was annoying me, so sprayed some engine de-greaser on it and it wiped off. Just another step to getting my car factory-like clean.
Quote from BigPeBe :Here's a little bit of a soundtrack:

http://youtu.be/0vO3gqMwhec

YouTube Unblocker doing its thing...

Wow, that runs like a charm, clearly it would happily make another 500 rpm in the top end. Also the sped up bit had me LOL, as the sound of a liter bike evolved from the helium giggles.

I need ITB sound in my life. :/
Quote from McGherkin :Mmm, love the noise of twin carbs.
AFR is a bit rich though?

It's running a tad rich yeah (11.5 at WOT currently), but I didn't have the "perfect" jets for it while I had the Wideband AFR meter on. I need to order some genuine jets since tuning with the current chinese jets doesn't seem to have the appropriate effects (I went from 145 mains to 140s and the AFR staid pretty much the same). Altho it was a very warm day so I should wait for some colder fall days before I check the AFR again and start adjusting the jetting more. I actually had 150 mains during the winter colds and at least the cheapo AFR meter I was using back then showed good readings.

Quote from 5tag :
Wow, that runs like a charm, clearly it would happily make another 500 rpm in the top end.

In theory possible yes, but it's rocking std bottom end so going well beyond 7000rpm might be quite suicidal. Currently the cam timing is adjusted so that the power starts to slowly decrease just before 7000rpm and the limiter is at ~7100rpm. Pretty nice for a street Pinto.
Hah cool!

Car ready for this weekends Nurburgring Drift Cup. Refreshed front, installed fender flares for decent fitment.
LED rear brake light installed.

beemer looks quite different to when i saw it at Silverstone in 2012 haha
In january some idiot crashed into my speedster turbo in a parking lot. Front clam needed to be replaced... sooooo...

For eight months, the freaking brits (excuse my french) at the lotus factory didn't manage to to send a bloody clam. Countless emails and phone calls from the mechanic to opel switzerland, opel germany, lotus... countless promises from them. About five times they promised the clam is on it's way with a "definite" arrival date. Two times they produced new clams and canceled the order from my mechanic because the clams were sitting somewhere in a storage and nobody sent them out for two months, so they simply cancel the order... ****ing retards!

My old man used to work in england quite a bit when he was in the automotive industry. He said to me: "Trust me, it doesn't matter how many times and who your mechanic calls, it doesn't matter what the CEO of opel switzerland says, and if he calls them too... the problem is the clam has to make it out of england first, and before they eventually decide to move their bloody asses, that won't happen, no matter what anybody tells them to do."
He said it's normal over there for stuff to fail because of one guy not wanting to move his ass. Once they were on a business trip and a friend of him didn't get his suitcase after the flight... he would have called the lost and found every day for a week always with the same answer: "We're terribly sorry, but your suitcase still didn't turn up found.". When they went home his friend decided to try one last time and walked into the lost and found at the airport... his suitcase was standing there, first thing in front of a big pile of lost luggage, with a nice big tag with his name on it. The bloody idiots were just to lazy to go and look everytime he called.

So finally, after eight months (!), they managed to send a new front clam!

Should have my car back in a week or two and hopefully still be able to drive it for a month or so before the weather gets too cold again.

Great going Lotus factory, a season lost because they couldn't move their arses!

Will post some pics once i have it back.
Quote from Scrabby :Hah cool!

Car ready for this weekends Nurburgring Drift Cup. Refreshed front, installed fender flares for decent fitment.
LED rear brake light installed.

So how did it go Scrabby ? I was there too the whole weekend. Watched VLN and drove on Sunday.. but on Saturday I saw your beamer being parked at your tent. I just wanted to come and take a look at the drifting event..had to wait 1 hour..nothing was happening..and then a group started drifting and all of the sudden hell broke loose and it started raining cats and dogs Stupid rain pff

Post your Car two
(2437 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG