The online racing simulator
Post your Car two
(2437 posts, started )
Quote from BigPeBe :

What happened to the Sierra?
It's getting a bigger turbo and IC and other updates too. I'm not braking it for parts if that's what you're thinking about.
Quote from tbofram :I can imagine,

I'm currently living in the uk and a bottom of the line one is ~ $42,000. In the states they start from around ~$28,000 so I can see why they're quite popular over there.

When I get back to Canada I'm considering picking up a BRZ

Mine was $20k with 15k miles on it.
Quote from BigPeBe :It's getting a bigger turbo and IC and other updates too. I'm not braking it for parts if that's what you're thinking about.

He probably thought that you were deconstructing it for part installation or something like that. :em31:
Well yeah... I stripped the front so I could fit the intercooler.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :More shots of the FR-S:

At times, I do wish I sprung for the FRS when the chance was given to me. However, it is really nice to have a cheap, old BMW that I don't have to worry about ruining when I take it to college. I've had my 318 for 9 months now and I haven't even though about washing it yet.
$1200+ parts ordered for the bimmer, alot came, but still waiting on some. timing chain guides, cooling system overhaul, vanos, and a couple other tidbits. (e39 540i)

whoever i talked to (forget usernames, not on here often anymore) that warned me about v8 bmw's, you were 100% correct (obviously, i believe your a BMW tech); but god DAMMN are they fun, but expensive for sure!
Just Picked this up a few weeks ago. Already put 2000 km on it in three weeks. not RWD put still fun to drive.
would have liked to get the ST 6 speed but the wife cant drive manual so we got that instead.
http://imgur.com/a/cIhpS

bonus
http://imgur.com/v1VHkt4
A Focus with a boot?!

PS I like your dog.
learned a lesson; not quite sure what it is to be honest, but i suppose i wouldnt repeat if i could.

so the bimmer (528i, not 540i) burnt as i believe everyone knows; i think i posted it a little while back. i plan on fixing up the 540 (timing chain guides), so i needed a temporary method of transport.

i was looking at <$1000 cars and it was between a $600 late 90's chevy s10 5 speed, and my coworker recommended an $800 87 saab 900 5 speed, lowered with an aftermarket wastegate.

obviously interested i call the guy up, and he ends up putting a new hub on, clutch, brakes, and a few other small things. he raises the price to $1800; thinking about all the work he has done and how long the thing will last, i commit to buy.

so fast forward, and i buy the thing. so not alot of stuff works; half the gauges dont light up, headlights aimed at the ground with no adjustment, drivers window doesnt work, interior lights dont work, syncro's are weak (but not miserably weak), and its lowered to the point where its mudflaps bottom out over everything. nothing more than mudflaps though.

so at first i see how fun it is to drive; simply a blast. its a gokart with some tight suspension, pretty nimble, loud, and just enjoyable. then i look back at how ugly the damn thing is.

so now about 3 or 4 days into ownership, torn if i like the thing or not, leaning slightly towards no, i park the car at my house so i can grab gym clothes and head right back out. i shut the car off, and proceed to do what i need, i head back out and start it up, buckle up, look down and see the oil pressure light....i shut it off.
turn it back on, same story; rinse and repeat a few times. now i grow a pair (after i check the oil; brand new, slightly over filled), and i rev it up a few hundred rpm's to make sure its not rpm related, it wasnt so i shut it off and kicked myself for revving it with low oil pressure..

now i text the p.o. who says hes never dealt with that problem; he suggests checking all the wires. this is where i discovered that its a hacked up car...alot of wires are either barely hanging on, wire tied, and even alligator clipped onto their posts.

in the process i kick the door open by the way making it not want to shut once all the way open, and if you force it it makes that horrible forcing-a-door-shut noise old cars tend to get, REALLY bad.

so i negotiate with the previous owner and he agrees to buy it back simply cause he not only likes the car more, but is more versed in working on it.

remove the door, grind the hinge in a way the roller thing can roll again, and get it towed; toss him $100 back (i did negotiate down to $1650 at time of buying it), so it costed me $100 for 4 days of driving the car....not really bad per se, but i do feel bad he bought it back as he did seem upset.

wouldnt buy a car that old again unless its collectable such as an old muscle car or something cool at least. wont pay that much unless its mint. and i never want to screw over a buyer like i had to....well not screw over, but he definitely wasnt thrilled (which i cant blame him for)
Moral of the story: Inspect a car before you buy it.

I mean seriously, what the hell? You buy it first and then find all these things?
Pretty decent vehicles here. Got mine about half an year ago.

If you guys don't mind, a little story on what it is and what it's for.

So it's a 540i BMW e34 sedan with a 4.4l V8 engine with chiptuning. Bought it as a regular everyday car from an old guy, so it was in fairly good condition because he didn't drive a lot.

I'm really into drifting so my sole purpose was to build a drift car. At first it was going to be a street class drifter so i didn't do huge modifications, but then I realized that since I have been a fond of drifting for so long, i won't probably get over it in the near future so i started so do some bigger things.

The first thing i got was e36 steering system to fit Wisefab to the car. (Wisefab is from my country and I personally know the inventor Ardo.)

after that i tore apart the interior to get rid of extra weight.

bought a sparco seat, sabelt belts, momo racing wheel and a stilo helmet.

My brother, who is working in a repair shop did some bumper work LOL

Thanks to one of my biggest sponsors, Konesko, i got a FIA regulated PRO class rollcage.

After that there was a period where I didn't take any pictures for some odd reason and the current state of the car is this:

Now we need to install a short shifter, add a finishing touch to the interior and hit the track to get some practice going before the first competition.

Feel free to comment and give your feedback on my work
e34 rocks, my previous car was an 89' 535i
I got the same seat for my daily driver , bit pain to get in/out, because pro2000 has those extra tall sidewalls, but it's super comfy and supportive when you get in
I'll just leave this here. My 1981 and 1984 Rabbits
Quote from Blade3562 :I'll just leave this here. My 1981 and 1984 Rabbits

I think it would make more sense to swap their front masks, the blue one deserves a grille emblem and those aluminium fairings.

Oh and I'm not even going to comment on that E34 :doh:
Quote from 5tag :I think it would make more sense to swap their front masks, the blue one deserves a grille emblem and those aluminium fairings.

Oh and I'm not even going to comment on that E34 :doh:

Planning on putting the chrome stripe onto the badgeless grill. I had to make the badgeless as no one sells them just haven't quite finished yet!
My new baby - e46 2002' BMW 320d touring. Still needs some work, better pics later.
Attached images
10312397_779216248756810_5222036953492605859_n.jpg
You're cruising in a wrong car now!
Installed them last week: battery, boost, oil temp.

It might be old,dirty,with some scratches and dents,with rust in some places,with engine that's not in the best condition,somewhat unconfortable due stiff springs,lack room if you need to give a ride to more then one friend,pretty much underpowered for a sporty car,might even find other issues to complain,but still - it is my car and I like it!

i cut some holes and attached more shit to my car

Quote from R3DMAN :i cut some holes and attached more shit to my car

I have to say again, I like that car. Very interesting and unique build that goes well beyond what minds like "Migz" and so many more comprehend of car modification.

What more stuff did you put there, the skirts? Shame you don't update the website anymore.

Oh and usually I'm all against de-badging because it makes a car look hollow. On your's though it works, because the car is a bastard anyway. Also over here in Germany the Speedster Turbo came with a clean front grille and you have that performance thing going, so... approved :P

Post your Car two
(2437 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG