The online racing simulator
Forget it

edit: To elaborate a bit, your cpu is up to the task but the GPU is seriously underpowered.
If you still have the tech demo.. Double check from the nVidia control panel, that ACS.exe is definitely using the GT 120. If it is, then turn all graphics down, use a single screen and a bearable resolution. See if you get any FPS. You may not, though, that thing is worse than the one in my laptop, which was old years ago. Ultimately, there may be slight optimisations in the current early access version, but not ones significant enough to make your FPS double.
Quote from Mysho :I have absolutely no time to try it due to my gf and my job.

I feel for you, I'm pretty much the same, except I'm married to a business.. oh and a wife

Sometimes though I just have to have a break and when I do AC is good for a run
-
(PMD9409) DELETED by PMD9409
Kegetys has fixed the Joux

Finally got around to fix the issues in Joux Plane with the recent Assetto Corsa early access versions causing collision problems in some parts of the track. There were some leftover triangles under the track in a few places from lower LOD level mesh used originally by RBR.

A few other improvements are included also, changelog for version 1.3:

Removed some remnants of low detail geometry under the track causing collision issues with newer AC versions
Broken track section no longer adds dirt to tyres
All grass is now valid track to avoid penalty from small cuts
Added more zoomed in external cameras

Joux Plane for Assetto Corsa update
Attached images
problem.png
kegetys, a.k.a GOD.
Oh god, why Miata... So much more better cars available in this world and the guy does Miata.
Noicee. Never knew how that works though, how much can modders play god, do most mods keep the general feel of the sim/physics?
the MX-5 is a great choice, if done right it could be a good competitor to the stock E30.

About mods in general, I don't really know how the AC engine "does car physics" ie. if its similar to RFactor and its tables of data. My guess (from the patch changelogs, which often contain "physical" changes to car suspensions) would be that its different. So if a modder gets the suspension pickup points, the CoG and engine power and torque curves right, the car will behave right.

btw, there are so many great mods in development already (GTs Trail Mountain, Rudskögen Motorpark etc.), if all those get made properly I see a bright future for AC.

A friend of mine said lots of RFactor modders disappointed with RFactor 2 changed over to AC.

btw, Kegetys updated his Joux Plane mod: http://www.kegetys.fi/joux-plane-for-assetto-corsa-update/

edit: the team of this mod DRM (Turbo Capri and more) is apparently looking for a new sim after RFactor
Quote from Mysho :Oh god, why Miata... So much more better cars available in this world and the guy does Miata.

Because MX5 = car enthusiast, didn't you know? That's why any 'car guy' now has an MX5.
No. MX5 = boring.

BTW, that Turbo Capri mod looks good. We need more mad turbo beasts in AC.
Love Miatas, no let's have more digital boring lifeless gt3 cars..
Miatas can provide close racing, but they are rather boring to just lap.
More of wild GT1 class cars and the whole world will live in a harmony.
Quote from Töki (HUN) :No. MX5 = boring.

BTW, that Turbo Capri mod looks good. We need more mad turbo beasts in AC.

That wasn't for AC.
Quote from Mysho :I have absolutely no time to try it due to my gf and my job.

They're both jobs.
Quote from seniecka :More of wild GT1 class cars and the whole world will live in a harmony.

And some ugly but stupidly fast hillclimbs?
As for the steering smoothness, that's not a problem of AC, but mainly of the nature of force feedback. It simply can't create as much force as a real life steering wheel would do (with most wheels on the market).
Well if you put an on-board up of someone who isn't so smooth it might be more comparable. I found with EVERY sim the more you practise the more smooth you get until the point you're making only a tiny amount of corrections... it's inevitable. Even Richard Burns Rally where you just become in tune and are hardly making any unwanted corrections. So even if a sims physics are perfect it's hard to compare to real life where you have less practise and a greater amount of feedback coming your way.
Quote from Flame CZE :As for the steering smoothness, that's not a problem of AC, but mainly of the nature of force feedback. It simply can't create as much force as a real life steering wheel would do (with most wheels on the market).

I don't think that's what he means. It looks like the steering rack ratio is lower numerically in AC, causing the driver to not have to turn the steering wheel as much for corners. In the first corner, for instance, the real car's steering goes past 180 degrees, while the sim car only goes to about 90.

It's possible that it's simply the way it's being driven, but I kind of doubt it.
Lovely skin R3DMAN.

btw, anybody doing those pro leagues that got introduced with the latest rivali tempo update? I start to really enjoy them, fighting for points and laptimes is good fun.

http://rivalitempo-softgrip.rhcloud.com/ top bar for the leagues.

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8871 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG