The online racing simulator
Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8883 posts, started )
The LFS racing line was never right. Especially with some of the faster setups it actually put you off more than it put you right. Learn the tracks the mans way. No aids whatsoever. Drive it your way.
Well... I turned on the racing line in Ass-etto Opel Corsa to know when a corner is coming up on tracks that I'm not that familiar with, I take the line and braking-points more as suggestions, after some laps I usually turn them off, cause they are distracting, but I don't know why I had them on in the video.
I've never used racing line but I agree it's very useful when you dont know the track. Never copy the racing line but it will give you nice advice for braking points for example.
Quote from Funnybear :The LFS racing line was never right. Especially with some of the faster setups it actually put you off more than it put you right. Learn the tracks the mans way. No aids whatsoever. Drive it your way.

Well, even after thousands of laps on the same track it felt right just to turn it on and leave it like that. I know I didn't use the exact line or braking points, but somehow it made me feel comfortable and consistent. Can't really explain that. The thing that it's a constant line and not annoying arrows like in every other game makes it a lot more usable and non-distracting for the eye.
considering the amount of different layouts lfs has, it might even help avoid the "oh shit there's a turn" moments
Except it won't work with custom layouts.
Racing line display, good or bad, can be useful for the player, especially when it's static like in LFS. The point is not "follow the line" (the line is usually wrong), it's using this feature gives you additional reference points which helps you to maintain your desired racing line. You are not supposed to follow the racing line unless you're driving a new track. You should memorize the _relative_ position of your desired racing line and brake/coast/acceleration points more accurately with the help of this display.

Does this feature improve realism? No. Is it technically useful? Yes if you're using it the right way.
Quote from Keling :Racing line display, good or bad, can be useful for the player, especially when it's static like in LFS. The point is not "follow the line" (the line is usually wrong), it's using this feature gives you additional reference points which helps you to maintain your desired racing line. You are not supposed to follow the racing line unless you're driving a new track. You should memorize the _relative_ position of your desired racing line and brake/coast/acceleration points more accurately with the help of this display.

Does this feature improve realism? No. Is it technically useful? Yes if you're using it the right way.

Ok, guys. Enough of the racing line. This discussion has gone way too far offtopic already.
Quote from seniecka :Ok, guys. Enough of the racing line. This discussion has gone way too far offtopic already.

Oh my god, not another topical thread Nazi.
Quote from BlueFlame :Oh my god, not another topical thread Nazi.

Oh my God, you again with your insights.
I see nothing wrong with a discussion about a feature of AC in the AC thread.
Lotus Exos Type 125
Nice! btw where are you getting this info for the 'next patch'. All i see are teases on Facebook page not mentioning 'when', nor i can find any thread on AC forums..
Quote from Boris Lozac :Nice! btw where are you getting this info for the 'next patch'. All i see are teases on Facebook page not mentioning 'when', nor i can find any thread on AC forums..

The guys from AC have been posting pics of tracks and cars on facebook before every patch and as far as I know, all of them made their way into the next patch.
Quote from Boris Lozac :Nice! btw where are you getting this info for the 'next patch'. All i see are teases on Facebook page not mentioning 'when', nor i can find any thread on AC forums..

I noticed one of the replies to the face book pic is from a dev saying "28 / 02 / 2014".

Also, looks like they updated the page again!

Seems we'll be getting the Nürburgring GP track too.
Oh man the Exos is gonna be soooo good at the Nurb.
Ah crap, got in, turned pc on and waited for steam to update excitedly, then I remembered it's only Thursday, fml
Hi Experienced AC racers.

I just wanted to ask you all a question. I would like to purchase a GFX card, so I could give this a try, but need to know...

Min Specs are AMD Radeon HD 6450, Nvidia GeForce GT 460. What could I realistically acheive with this? / settings / FPS

I am not bothered if I have to upgrade again in 2yrs time for example, would just like to purchase something to "get me by for now"

CPU and Mem are not an issue

Thanks for the help

Fordie
Try out the tech preview?
Quote from Fordman :Hi Experienced AC racers.

I just wanted to ask you all a question. I would like to purchase a GFX card, so I could give this a try, but need to know...

Min Specs are AMD Radeon HD 6450, Nvidia GeForce GT 460. What could I realistically acheive with this? / settings / FPS

I am not bothered if I have to upgrade again in 2yrs time for example, would just like to purchase something to "get me by for now"

CPU and Mem are not an issue

Thanks for the help

Fordie

This should be ok:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nvidia ... &keywords=Titan+Black
Well, I got a Radeon 7850 2GB atm, and runs smootly ~80 fps@ 1080p.
So you would probably get away with a Radeon 270x, but AMD's are kinda hard to get atm, thanks to cryptocoin miners, from Nvidia, you can get something like a GeForce 760.
But mostly depends of your budget, and your current PSU.

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8883 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG