If you're not willing to put in £130 (under £100 used) for a GPU I'd say don't bother at all until you upgrade the whole rig. Then again, that GTX 660 would serve you fine even if you upgraded the rest and kept that GPU for the new machine.
go for 660, i have MSI 650TI boost OC who are theoretically the same perf as 660 and AC work just great.
if you can find a 7870 with the same price its also good!
you will see some serious fps drop with full grid AI because of your old cpu, but I read somewhere that multiplayer are GPU dependent.
- New car Lotus Exos 125
- New upgrade Lotus Exos 125 S1
- New track Nurburgring GP
- Less noisy bodywork sound for GT cars
- Fixed hotlap penalties always on
- Friends Leaderboard :: filters lap for hotlap mode
- Some performance improvements
- Replay size reduced by 25%
- Gui now restoring hidden apps on exit
- Fixed Gui issues on apps
- Fixed smoke issues on replay
- Tuned low-level settings for smoke
- Fixed time attack start
- Some texture update for Autodromo di Monza
- Anticipated pit limiter when entering pitlane for Silverstone and Silverstone International race circuits
- "New" badge in UI cars thumbnails
- New "special tags" filtering. When you select a player car, the AI opponents selection is now suggesting similar cars. You can of course dismiss the special tag and choose more
- New "add visible" and "clear grid" buttons in custom opponents panel UI
- Launcher theme optimizations.
- Personal best lap is now recorded if penalties are off - steam achievements and online leaderboard times are not.