The online racing simulator
Quote from BlueFlame :Oh my god, not another topical thread Nazi.

Oh my God, you again with your insights.
I see nothing wrong with a discussion about a feature of AC in the AC thread.
Lotus Exos Type 125
Nice! btw where are you getting this info for the 'next patch'. All i see are teases on Facebook page not mentioning 'when', nor i can find any thread on AC forums..
Quote from Boris Lozac :Nice! btw where are you getting this info for the 'next patch'. All i see are teases on Facebook page not mentioning 'when', nor i can find any thread on AC forums..

The guys from AC have been posting pics of tracks and cars on facebook before every patch and as far as I know, all of them made their way into the next patch.
Quote from Boris Lozac :Nice! btw where are you getting this info for the 'next patch'. All i see are teases on Facebook page not mentioning 'when', nor i can find any thread on AC forums..

I noticed one of the replies to the face book pic is from a dev saying "28 / 02 / 2014".

Also, looks like they updated the page again!

Seems we'll be getting the Nürburgring GP track too.
Oh man the Exos is gonna be soooo good at the Nurb.
Ah crap, got in, turned pc on and waited for steam to update excitedly, then I remembered it's only Thursday, fml
Hi Experienced AC racers.

I just wanted to ask you all a question. I would like to purchase a GFX card, so I could give this a try, but need to know...

Min Specs are AMD Radeon HD 6450, Nvidia GeForce GT 460. What could I realistically acheive with this? / settings / FPS

I am not bothered if I have to upgrade again in 2yrs time for example, would just like to purchase something to "get me by for now"

CPU and Mem are not an issue

Thanks for the help

Fordie
Try out the tech preview?
Quote from Fordman :Hi Experienced AC racers.

I just wanted to ask you all a question. I would like to purchase a GFX card, so I could give this a try, but need to know...

Min Specs are AMD Radeon HD 6450, Nvidia GeForce GT 460. What could I realistically acheive with this? / settings / FPS

I am not bothered if I have to upgrade again in 2yrs time for example, would just like to purchase something to "get me by for now"

CPU and Mem are not an issue

Thanks for the help

Fordie

This should be ok:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nvidia ... &keywords=Titan+Black
Well, I got a Radeon 7850 2GB atm, and runs smootly ~80 fps@ 1080p.
So you would probably get away with a Radeon 270x, but AMD's are kinda hard to get atm, thanks to cryptocoin miners, from Nvidia, you can get something like a GeForce 760.
But mostly depends of your budget, and your current PSU.
GTX 560 Ti works fine on 2560x1600. I can't max things out by any means but I get by rather easily.

For short term, the 660 listed above would be your best bet.
Quote from Bose321 :Try out the tech preview?

I tried that Bose, and its a defo a no go on my current GFX setup, 9-12 fps all low setting, hence why I haven't purchased the Early Release version....

PMD9409, Tyrone Johnson, Matrixi, wildstyle, thank you all for your advice, I will see if any of these are available on ebay.

I suspect I will need a major PC upgrade in 18months - 2yrs, so just wanted something to tie me over in the mean time

Fordie
Quote from MadCat360 :Oh man the Exos is gonna be soooo good at the Nurb.

I would be excited myself had the Fanatec decided not to go apeshit and stopped working properly!
Wildstyle and Matrix....I am Married with kids, so there is a budget here, you made me laugh I was looking for the Min to get me by so to speak, not re-mortgage the house to improve my FPS HA HA HA

PMD over £130 for a gfx card to get me by, seriously.....there must be something cheaper that will work with AC...as a standard FPS rate?

Sorry for the questions, I am just so out of touch now with Overclocking / GFX cards etc etc

Cheers

Fordie
I have had an HD7770, which is def good enough to play AC at a decent fps rate.
my GTX650 GS 1GB does fine with the game, although my other specs are a lot better than my GFX, but I recently purchased this too, and it handles the game well.
Quote from Fordman :Wildstyle and Matrix....I am Married with kids, so there is a budget here, you made me laugh I was looking for the Min to get me by so to speak, not re-mortgage the house to improve my FPS HA HA HA

PMD over £130 for a gfx card to get me by, seriously.....there must be something cheaper that will work with AC...as a standard FPS rate?

If you're not willing to put in £130 (under £100 used) for a GPU I'd say don't bother at all until you upgrade the whole rig. Then again, that GTX 660 would serve you fine even if you upgraded the rest and kept that GPU for the new machine.

Sure there's stuff like the GTX 750 which is a few tenners cheaper, but just look at how much (theoretical) performance you lose: http://www.hwcompare.com/17116 ... x-660-vs-geforce-gtx-750/
Quote from Fordman :PMD over £130 for a gfx card to get me by, seriously.....there must be something cheaper that will work with AC...as a standard FPS rate?

You can get by with this and this, but you probably won't be impressed with the FPS.

Things progress, and in order to keep up you will have to spend a pretty penny at times.

EDIT: And +1 again to the above.
Quote from Matrixi :If you're not willing to put in £130 (under £100 used) for a GPU I'd say don't bother at all until you upgrade the whole rig. Then again, that GTX 660 would serve you fine even if you upgraded the rest and kept that GPU for the new machine.

Sure there's stuff like the GTX 750 which is a few tenners cheaper, but just look at how much (theoretical) performance you lose: http://www.hwcompare.com/17116 ... x-660-vs-geforce-gtx-750/

WOW thanks for that Matrixi, that is a big difference, see what you mean
go for 660, i have MSI 650TI boost OC who are theoretically the same perf as 660 and AC work just great.
if you can find a 7870 with the same price its also good!
you will see some serious fps drop with full grid AI because of your old cpu, but I read somewhere that multiplayer are GPU dependent.

Btw can't wait to test update today .

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8871 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG