I guess the T1, but as long as the system allows it (and both, AC and RSR too) then use it. I'm using it mostof the time aswell, because the car is more stable going through that part of the track, than hitting the curbs.
Not trying to be condescending or anything but sometimes the solution can be quite simple. Did you try to use the shifter instead of the paddles in the Lotus 49? When using a shifter AC reflects what type of shifting is used in real life so if the paddles are used in the real car, you'll use them on your wheel as well and vice versa.
If you don't want to use the shifter I believe you need to specifically select to use paddles instead/not use the H-shifter (can't remember the exact settings).
I've actually not had any issues setting my G25 up in AC and I've done it a couple of times as I've reinstalled my computer. I haven't noticed any issues except for the FFB tweaking which, as stated above, is a bit of a pain as you need to exit to the menus, make the changes, reload car and track etc. But when it's done, it's done
Since there has been no progress in LFS I moved over to GT5 and GT6 which the wheel is just plug and play. Back on the PC I'd forgot about the Logitech wingman settings and how they went and also I didn't setup the shifter as in GT I'm lazy and use the paddles. Thanks for the info and I'll work on it further.
- Pagani Huayra new car (turbo related sounds still wip)
- TC now does not engadge until a car specific speed when launching from stand still
- Aero fixes for Lotus Exos T125, corrects nose up excessive top speed
- Option for player selective collisions. A small workaround until we properly fix the AI. Collisions only occur around a small distance from the player. All other cars do not collide, limiting CPU occupation
- Fixed replay audio bug
- Fixed GUI on some apps
- Fixed race output
- New APP :: Track Description
- New APP :: Real Time X360 car controls debug
- Damage OFF option
- Fixed some glitches in mirror rendering
- Improved CPU performance on Monza
- Reduced launcher RAM and VRAM consumption while the simulator is active.
- Added French translation.
- Collision fixes at Monza and Silverstone gp
- Physical mesh at Silverstone gp more detailed.
- Fixed Concrete size at S-Schumacher, Nurburgring GP
- The launcher now keeps a rotating backup store of the local database (found in Documents\Assetto Corsa\launcherdata\backups)
The devs would agree with you. They simply weren't there in the first version, but there was such an outcry from people who didn't like the 'pure' approach to FFB that they were compelled to add those "enhancements".
Turn them off and enjoy purely physics based FFB. Simples.