The online racing simulator
Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8882 posts, started )
Some one stop that cutting...
What cutting...?
I guess the T1, but as long as the system allows it (and both, AC and RSR too) then use it. I'm using it mostof the time aswell, because the car is more stable going through that part of the track, than hitting the curbs.
Quote from Hotdogxx60 :Well I had a brief stint last night, it's not bad although I wasted most of my time setting up the G25.
First drive the paddle shifters didn't work, second time and for the best part of it no reel feedback from the wheel. After much forum reading I got things to work and got a couple of time trials in.
My night ended when I went to drive the old Lotus Type 49 and the paddles didn't work again.
I have always had issues with PC racers and setting up the wheel, none of them seem to work right from the start.
Anyway good first impressions and if I've missed something with the Lotus can someone let me know.

Not trying to be condescending or anything but sometimes the solution can be quite simple. Did you try to use the shifter instead of the paddles in the Lotus 49? When using a shifter AC reflects what type of shifting is used in real life so if the paddles are used in the real car, you'll use them on your wheel as well and vice versa.
If you don't want to use the shifter I believe you need to specifically select to use paddles instead/not use the H-shifter (can't remember the exact settings).

I've actually not had any issues setting my G25 up in AC and I've done it a couple of times as I've reinstalled my computer. I haven't noticed any issues except for the FFB tweaking which, as stated above, is a bit of a pain as you need to exit to the menus, make the changes, reload car and track etc. But when it's done, it's done
Quote from Bosse :Not trying to be condescending or anything but sometimes the solution can be quite simple. Did you try to use the shifter instead of the paddles in the Lotus 49? When using a shifter AC reflects what type of shifting is used in real life so if the paddles are used in the real car, you'll use them on your wheel as well and vice versa.
If you don't want to use the shifter I believe you need to specifically select to use paddles instead/not use the H-shifter (can't remember the exact settings).

I've actually not had any issues setting my G25 up in AC and I've done it a couple of times as I've reinstalled my computer. I haven't noticed any issues except for the FFB tweaking which, as stated above, is a bit of a pain as you need to exit to the menus, make the changes, reload car and track etc. But when it's done, it's done

Since there has been no progress in LFS I moved over to GT5 and GT6 which the wheel is just plug and play. Back on the PC I'd forgot about the Logitech wingman settings and how they went and also I didn't setup the shifter as in GT I'm lazy and use the paddles. Thanks for the info and I'll work on it further.
Some news about multiplayer

Google translation of this...

Quote :At the awards ceremony at the Golden Dragon Award organized dall'Aesvi, the trade association of the gaming industry in Italy, Assetto Corsa has received the award for best technical achievement. To withdraw was obviously Marco Massarutto of Kunos Simulations, with whom we have had occasion to speak, gathering important information.

Marco has revealed that the 1.0 version, including multiplayer, in Assetto Corsa will become available during the month of April. He said the group is making good progress with the netcode and multiplayer Assetto Corsa will be strictly based on dedicated servers, as also that of netKar Pro, the previous production Kunos.

In addition, Mark has not excluded that in the future Assetto Corsa can get on the next-gen consoles, indeed revealed to us in that preview Kunos is exploring the possibility of making a port on PS4 and Xbox One of his acclaimed racing simulation. Not before finalizing the best PC version, of course.

Kunos Simulations is an independent team in all respects, made up of professionals driven by the same passion about everything related to the world of automobiles. For this Kunos has no external financing, while all licenses (including extremely famous brands such as Ferrari, BMW, Lotus, Pagani, McLaren and circuits such as Nurburgring Nordschleife, Spa-Francorchamps, Imola, Monza) are acquired with autonomous financing.

"We make racing games just for the pleasure of doing good driving games," he said Massarutto the awards ceremony of the Golden Dragon. "Even if there was a big producer interested in acquiring the brand Assetto Corsa, we would be proud of what we have done to make Assetto Corsa so good."

Recently Kunos has secured the license for the Corvette , thanks to which you will add two new vehicles to the line-up already made ​​official, C7 Corvette Stingray 2014 Corvette C7.r (the latter later in a DLC for a fee). He did so after realizing that his driving simulation has a large international following, transcending the boundaries now in a clear national or European.

So I'm afraid another 2 weeks of wait until multiplayer, at least? Damn
time to show off my skillzors
I have departed with US$1081 and change on components for a new PC so that I may be able to use this piece of software.

God halp all those in AC
Quote from dekojester :I have departed with US$1081 and change on components for a new PC so that I may be able to use this piece of software.

God halp all those in AC

Specs?
Quote from dekojester :I have departed with US$1081 and change on components for a new PC so that I may be able to use this piece of software.

God halp all those in AC

I'm running:

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40GHz
Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB
Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570
Gaming graphics 4095 MB

My fans get a bit of a hiding while playing and I'm running a after market CPU cooler.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :So fairly similar to my PC that I built, except I went for a better CPU.

I get 100 FPS in AC.

Deko just needs something that runs.
Quote from jrd.racer :Pretty slick man. Been watching your videos but I cant even do tiny drifts in the drift circuit.

Tried all your setup tips, but the car still feels weird.

If you use g25/27 try this.

Gain 110
Filter 0
Damping 13

Kerb Effects 20
Road Effects 0
Slip Effect 10

It made whole new game for me, meaning I can throw e30 around just like i can xrt in lfs. (in profiler use same sets as u use for lfs)
Hope it helps.
I have nearly the same PC Deko, except for the VGA ^^
I'm confused by those kerb/road/slip effects. On a physics based FFB system they should not exist at all.
All the time I didn't like the system for some reason,now Keling just perfectly defined this reason! Thank you!
Patch up.

- Pagani Huayra new car (turbo related sounds still wip)
- TC now does not engadge until a car specific speed when launching from stand still
- Aero fixes for Lotus Exos T125, corrects nose up excessive top speed
- Option for player selective collisions. A small workaround until we properly fix the AI. Collisions only occur around a small distance from the player. All other cars do not collide, limiting CPU occupation
- Fixed replay audio bug
- Fixed GUI on some apps
- Fixed race output
- New APP :: Track Description
- New APP :: Real Time X360 car controls debug
- Damage OFF option
- Fixed some glitches in mirror rendering
- Improved CPU performance on Monza
- Reduced launcher RAM and VRAM consumption while the simulator is active.
- Added French translation.
- Collision fixes at Monza and Silverstone gp
- Physical mesh at Silverstone gp more detailed.
- Fixed Concrete size at S-Schumacher, Nurburgring GP
- The launcher now keeps a rotating backup store of the local database (found in Documents\Assetto Corsa\launcherdata\backups)
Quote from Keling :I'm confused by those kerb/road/slip effects. On a physics based FFB system they should not exist at all.

The devs would agree with you. They simply weren't there in the first version, but there was such an outcry from people who didn't like the 'pure' approach to FFB that they were compelled to add those "enhancements".

Turn them off and enjoy purely physics based FFB. Simples.
Quote from Framaris :Since they mentioned 3GB graphic memory in the recommended requirements: http://www.assettocorsa.net/fo ... um-requirements-faq.1349/

Maybe you could save 10$ on the case and go for this one: http://www.newegg.com/Product/ ... aspx?Item=N82E16814125462

I'd think processor is more important. With fullfield AI I get severe stutters and processor occupancy warnings in T1 with stock 3570K. Radeon HD 7850 2GB has not been a bottleneck whatsoever.
Another 2 weeks waiting. No multiplayer this Friday either

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8882 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG